collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: North Stand Demolition  (Read 23453 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: North Stand Demolition
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2020, 02:33:24 PM »
Not sure about the herd theory.

If there’s never a vaccine there really won’t be full stadiums as long as we are alive.

Sad times.

As long as we are alive? Jesus, talk about sensationalist

I think some of the southern hemisphere countries such as New Zealand who have been filling stadia for months now would disagree with you.

If we manage this correctly, we will get it down to a point where it is possible to fill Villa Park again.

Spreading shite like "Won't happen again ever in our lifetime without a vaccine" just encourages idiots to be laissez-faire about masks and hygiene when they go to Tesco or wherever.

It’s merely an opinion-if there’s not a vaccine do you think the government will just say fill your boots and have 42k every other week?

For the record I haven’t worn a mask once and have no intention to either.

Sadly that does not surprise me in the slightest. You strike me as someone who couldn't give a shit whether you spread a potentially deadly virus to other people.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2020, 02:35:19 PM »

If there’s never a vaccine there really won’t be full stadiums as long as we are alive.

Sad times.

I think some of the southern hemisphere countries such as New Zealand who have been filling stadia for months now would disagree with you.

If we manage this correctly, we will get it down to a point where it is possible to fill Villa Park again.

Spreading shite like "Won't happen again ever in our lifetime without a vaccine" just encourages idiots to be laissez-faire about masks and hygiene when they go to Tesco or wherever.

It’s merely an opinion-if there’s not a vaccine do you think the government will just say fill your boots and have 42k every other week?

Fine, as long as you don't intend to leave the house. Otherwise, congratulations on your selfishness, you seem very proud of it.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2020, 02:36:04 PM »
Ignore him.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2020, 02:36:43 PM »
I drive, work from home and have food delivered so where should I be wearing one ?

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2020, 02:40:12 PM »
You failed to mention any of that in the original post!

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2020, 02:47:46 PM »
I drive, work from home and have food delivered so where should I be wearing one ?

Perhaps over your eyes so that you can’t see a screen to type the nonsense you keep coming out with.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2020, 02:49:50 PM »

Sad times.

Think they'll be 20k + in by March next year. Not ideal but better than what we have now.

It's going to be a question of common sense ultimately. My Dad is 70 now has a dodgy nervous system so no chance I'm taking him down to VP again (generally the last decade of watching us has worn him down anyway so he's not that bothered about the Villa nowadays) and I guess it's the same for anyone who used to go with elderly family relatives.

If it's a 42k stadium full of people between 5-40 years old then that dosen't seem too different from mass crowding of beaches or shopping centres given the age range.

And we're still talking of in six months time where hopefully a vaccine and some more effective treatment will be operational. Immunity health passports idea also seems to pop up at various times.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2020, 02:51:25 PM »
You seem determined to antagonise people with your comments. "Away fans are going to be years away"
"stadiums won't be full again in our lifetime" Then you state you haven't worn a mask and don't intend to wear one. But you leave out the little nugget where you tell people that respond to your provocative comment that you seem to have no interaction with the outside world so it would be pointless! I don't get it. What's your m/o?

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2020, 03:05:45 PM »
Would this help?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

Please don’t bait those of us in the NHS who have worked through this, those of us that have lost colleagues, friends, family, those of us who have friends struggling to recover, (and knowing other posters... those of us that have had it).

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2020, 03:07:28 PM »
Would this help?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

Please don’t bait those of us in the NHS who have worked through this, those of us that have lost colleagues, friends, family, those of us who have friends struggling to recover, (and knowing other posters... those of us that have had it).

Well said.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2020, 03:08:39 PM »
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 03:18:53 PM by in exile »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2020, 03:17:00 PM »
A nailed on troll.   Ignore him.  Let him infect the poor bastards who deliver neccessities to his hermit cave.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »
Lets get back on topic.

If and when we have a North Stand redevelopment I suggest we have a park and ride facility. Nobody, from whatever continent, needs to get their car that close.   

Offline The Edge

« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2020, 04:34:21 PM »
Lets get back on topic.

If and when we have a North Stand redevelopment I suggest we have a park and ride facility. Nobody, from whatever continent, needs to get their car that close.   
Yeah that's a great idea. The land behind the ground could be put to far better use than as a car park. I'm thinking a hotel/museum/club superstore and something like Box-park outside Wembley which is a brilliant facility which could double up as a live music venue and general money spinner. All that behind a gleaming new North stand would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:39:05 PM by The Edge »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal