collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: North Stand Demolition  (Read 23427 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: North Stand Demolition
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2020, 10:11:30 PM »
It makes sense timing wise regarding crowds, but surely not re FFP?  Right now our number one priority has to be consolidating our place in the PL and I would think we need to use every bit of cash FFP allows to do that over the next few years? 

FFP wouldn't come into it. Villa Park is owned by a different Company.

It wouldn't anyway. As previously stated on this page by Adam, infrastructure expenditure is exempt, whoever owns it.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »
A new “wall” is a great idea.  Although to get the Holte end to move I reckon you’d need safe standing (which I am all in favour of).

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2020, 10:35:56 PM »
I struggle with the idea of trying to make the North Stand the main home terrace. Surely that has to remain the Holte?

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2020, 10:37:35 PM »
I love IFWaters concept of brick cladding the IKEA flatpack bequeathed us by HDE.  Antoni Gaudi ceramic finishes would be more legitimate compensation for our Late Victorian  building loss.  Gaudi was a towering genius (run over by a tram) who specialized in architectural insults to neighbours.  We could have some ceramic pigs sporting their curly tails towards Small Heath and dogs heads towards Staffordshire.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2020, 11:15:54 PM »
Aye, massive single stand, bricks/cladding around the ground and Gaudi, well maybe, though I’m thinking Rennie Mackintosh inspired stuff might be truer to some of our roots, more mosaics, but not too many.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2020, 11:24:57 PM »
Yeah I cannot get behind a single tier north.

Make it a large lower tier, with corners, so it dwarfs the away end and improves atmosphere further.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2020, 12:28:27 AM »
I have got a small Rennie Macintosh 'Petunia Walberswick 1914' that would look nice in the programme sales kiosk in The Holte.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2020, 12:47:35 AM »
I have got a small Rennie Macintosh 'Petunia Walberswick 1914' that would look nice in the programme sales kiosk in The Holte.
I've think these 'Côtes du Roussillon 'Charles Rennie Mackintosh' - Lafage would be nice from the bar at half time.

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2020, 07:04:02 AM »
Off to Helensburgh at the end of the month, home of Mackintosh and the Hill House is still there which he designed and built

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill_House,_Helensburgh

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2020, 08:49:55 AM »

Make it a large lower tier, with corners, so it dwarfs the away end and improves atmosphere further.
Although the idea of a single "wall" really appeals to me it would have to be at the Holte End of the ground so that won't be happening. The uniqueness of Villa Park is our four different stand design, which really shouldn't work but it does, and the continuous curve that joins 3 of the four stands. I'd be all for keeping the bottom section of the North intact then build a much larger and wider, upper section to match the height of the Trinity. With of course proper concourses and state of the art facilities. Executive boxes would be located at the rear or even between the new North and the Trinity.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »
I think I’ve solved it. The Aston Villa tea rooms. My mum can hang out there while me & Dad go to the match. The current crest (and it’s microsoft Art Deco font) can hang out there while we have something sensible in the pitch.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2020, 12:25:53 PM »
Please demolish the North Stand, it is such an eyesore. It's not even a capacity issue, it's just a dreadful stand and the facilities are shocking - especially for women.

Would like to see something a bit like the Trinity replace it - large middle tier that almost feels like a massive lower tier and an overall feeling of something bright and airy. Use the space at that end to build better match-day facilities such as a museum and nice restaurants.

Thirty years ago, and for the 70 years to that point, Villa Park was an elite stadium. If we don't address these issues we will fall further behind.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »
I struggle with the idea of trying to make the North Stand the main home terrace. Surely that has to remain the Holte?

We were sitting in the Shed at Chelsea this year, trying to think of another club that has given up a large chunk of it's main home end for away fans.

I love the North Stand, by the way.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »

This and make the upper tier the new away end.  Villa fans all around the ground then.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2020, 08:07:00 PM »
I'm not a fan of giving the away fans the best view in the ground. Plenty of Upper Tier fans have been season ticket holders for decades and don't deserve to be thrown out. I don't want away fans behind the goal shouting for penalties, anyway. Leave them where they are but develop it so they can actually get a drink in the concourse. Put man traps in front of the away end when we play Man U.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal