collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Johan Lange - appointed  (Read 46276 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Johan Lange - appointed
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2020, 12:40:15 AM »
Where are people seeing this bit about him reporting directly to the owners?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2020, 01:22:44 AM »
This is from the OS.

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the appointment of Johan Lange as the Club’s new Sporting Director.

Lange joins from Danish club FC Copenhagen where he has served as Technical Director for the last six years.

In his role as Sporting Director, Lange will report directly to the Board.

Co-owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens said: “We’re pleased to welcome Johan to Aston Villa as we continue building a world-class organisation.

“This past season we were able to navigate a very difficult transition into the Premier League and are happy with the effort to stay up. But we will not be satisfied until we achieve our goal of bringing sustainable success to Aston Villa at the top tier of European football.

“We’ve made some significant strides in building an organisation and culture that will sustain success. We made significant investments into our academy programme by upgrading our facilities and bringing in a talented leadership team. We have also significantly invested in our women’s team who achieved promotion to the top tier of women’s football.

“This is a great opportunity to improve our football operations. We’re excited to work directly with Johan and the team to strengthen our analytics, sports science, talent recruitment and player development programmes.

“We are incredibly optimistic about the future of Aston Villa and remain committed to further invest in the Club’s success.”

Johan Lange said: “Aston Villa is one of the most famous clubs in European football with a rich history, but it is also a progressive club looking to the future. I am excited and honoured to be given this opportunity to contribute to the club’s ambitious strategy to become a force in Premier League football again.”

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2020, 08:39:49 AM »
That statement gives me a warm feeling. Some might say talk is cheap but the owners seem serious about wanting Villa to compete at the the top level. We've already seen significant investment in the women's team. The men's side will take longer/be more expensive with no guarantee of success but they don't appear to be guys content with mid-table PL mediocrity year in, year out.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2020, 08:54:10 AM »
Hope he’s a good one

it’s not a statement of intent appointment a bloke that’s been rummaging around the Scandinavia leagues
but hey let’s hope he can take us to the next level although I’m not filled with confidence

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2020, 08:59:16 AM »
Hope he’s a good one

it’s not a statement of intent appointment a bloke that’s been rummaging around the Scandinavia leagues
but hey let’s hope he can take us to the next level although I’m not filled with confidence
He's basically heading up the scouting/recruitment side.  I'm not sure how useful it is to have someone who's able to tell you that Neymar and Messi are half decent footballers.  You want them to be able to pick up good players for less than they're actually worth, simple as that.  He seems to have a good track record of that, which personally I'd prefer over someone who's a big name but doesn't have the track record.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2020, 09:48:48 AM »
I don't know a thing about him apart from the article someone posted up so I'll reserve judgement and let him crack on with it. Hope it works out.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2020, 10:06:20 AM »
Hope he’s a good one

He can't be any worse than Suso though John.  I hope he's here to work WITH Smith, rather than imposing an array of mediocre plodders from Belgium on him as appeared to be the case with Pitarch.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2020, 10:24:25 AM »
Smith used to have good links to the Danish League as Benham owns Middtylands or whatever they are called.  Maybe he knows him.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2020, 11:09:45 AM »
Hope he’s a good one

He can't be any worse than Suso though John.  I hope he's here to work WITH Smith, rather than imposing an array of mediocre plodders from Belgium on him as appeared to be the case with Pitarch.

is this the Smith who was sitting down with Drinkwater thinking he was one of the the answers to our season or the Smith that constantly played Taylor & Hause before Guilbert & Target

his judgment of a player is not all it should be either

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2020, 11:11:56 AM »
Hope he’s a good one

is this the Smith who was sitting down with Drinkwater thinking he was one of the the answers to our season or the Smith that constantly played Taylor & Hause before Guilbert & Target

his judgment of a player is not all it should be either
That's the one John

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2020, 12:37:42 PM »
When Terry moves off to be Head Coach somewhere, how about Martin Laursen as Defensive Coach?

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2020, 12:40:09 PM »
When Terry moves off to be Head Coach somewhere, how about Martin Laursen as Defensive Coach?

If nothing else, we'd score a few from corners

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »

If nothing else, we'd score a few from corners
Mings,Engells and Konsa have all chipped in with the odd goal last term but I'd like to see more from them.

If we sort the attack out properly, we could become a force.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2020, 02:30:31 PM »
Slightly sentimental but - yes! - I'd love to see his unbridled enthusiasm on the bench.
However, what is he doing now? - is he involved anywhere since he resigned his manger  role in 2012?

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2020, 10:30:27 PM »
Matt Kendrick interviewed him on the Claret and Blue podcast a few months ago. I can’t remember much as it was quite boring compared to most of the other ones they’ve done.

It mostly involved him talking about his earlier years and that he was good mates with Mellberg and his wife and used to kip on their sofa a lot. I think he ended up marrying her sister. That was about as exciting as it got.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:44:17 AM by robbo1874 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal