collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Johan Lange - appointed  (Read 46768 times)

Offline Big Ming

Re: Johan Lange - appointed
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2020, 05:56:29 PM »
More importantly are we going to call him 'Mutt'?

Or Jessica (if his Postman only rings twice).

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2020, 06:04:34 PM »
Am I right in thinking he’ll be working closely with Brian Little? I think they’d make a good pair.

Sorry.

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2020, 06:14:18 PM »
I Hope Lange is successful.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2020, 06:28:01 PM »
"Lange has experience of English football having worked as assistant to Stale Solbakken during his spell as manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers during the 2012-13 season"

Bodes well... :D

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2020, 06:48:07 PM »
I Hope Lange is successful.
One for the cognoscenti there.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »
Some genius on VT came up with....

"Old Lange Signed"

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »
Some genius on VT came up with....

"Old Lange Signed"
2 hours after it was posted on here?

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2020, 07:11:16 PM »
Of fairly recent times the Senegal midfielder Idris Gueye  joined for about £8- £10million, a decent pick out and a considered succes ,but the relegation release clause was about £7mil - Everton snapped him up and he's at PSG these days.
Wonder if we had stopped up how much he would have eventually gone for as he always said Villa were a stepping stone.
Don't like hearing such remarks and hope that's not the system be implementing for future transfers.
Still want a mindset of a big club and coming to play for a big club rather than do well here son and your'll be at Juve, Man City or Bayern Munich in a few years.
Though actually those maybe be exceptions! Thinking about it .

Just don't want likes of Spurs , Everton, Arsenal being seen as any better a step up as over next few season can challenge these clubs

Up the villa !
Think we'll have to be realistic for a season or two - at the moment our selling point for young, up-and-coming players will be that they've the chance to develop under a top notch academy, and earn the right to play Premier League football. If they impress, Man City/Liverpool will definitely know about them.

Of course, our aspiration has to be that players come to Villa and stay here. But that's not where we are right now - we need to have at least a 5th place league finish to be able to start doing that, and realistically need to look like we're dead certs for the Champions League. Even Arsenal, when they were finishing 3rd/4th every year, were susceptible to having their best players poached.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2020, 08:01:13 PM »
You’d hope that he has good insight into the players he has sold in recent years for £4-£8m to Italy/Germany etc, as arguably they would be ripe for picking up by Villa for around £15m.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2020, 08:14:41 PM »
Just read a post from a Danish Villa fan on another site and he seems a bit underwhelmed by the appointment - let's hope he is wrong

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2020, 08:40:18 PM »
For all the Okore mentions on here, he was 21, suffered a serious injury literally when he just got started and then was also in the centre of defence that contained one of Chocolate Ron,(Most experienced defender), Clark, Baker, Senderos, Lescott or Richards.

Anyway, the other thing of note was he signed for Copenhagen after he left us and played only 5 times before offloaded again. Was Lange in charge of signings then?

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2020, 08:45:08 PM »
I couldn't name another sporting director in the entire football universe.   As long as he gets some decent signings in, I don't care about previous reputation, number of twitter followers or anything else.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2020, 08:52:16 PM »

• Off the top of my head I cannot think of a Scandinavian player at Villa that has been a dud -
Nicklas Helenius
Allback
Okore

Leonhardsen
Erik Bakke[/list]

I think if you look back to that season Leonhardsen played in most games that we won, he was a decent player without standing out

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2020, 08:55:18 PM »
he was turd - but popped up with the odd crucial goal - like Trezeguet

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2020, 09:03:59 PM »
Like some have said already, Copenhagen are a big fish in a small pond and they have only finished outside the top 3 once in 20 years (2 seasons ago). So it's difficult to judge him on that basis and his recruitment will obviously need to have a broader spectrum at Villa.

I don't know if the CV is outstanding or not. Robin Olsen is an established international keeper and I know Skov played most of the games at Hoffenheim last season, but I had to Google some of the others.

Wishing him well, and hope he does a good job and importantly that he works more in tandem with the manager rather than apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal