collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Johan Lange - appointed  (Read 46888 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Johan Lange - appointed
« Reply #300 on: September 01, 2022, 03:46:14 PM »
Bednarek and Dendoncker. Something tells me that this bloke is small time. If we want continued progression then this clown has reached his ceiling.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #301 on: September 01, 2022, 04:21:13 PM »
The super deluxe Scandi version of Paul Faulkner? Nah, that's way too harsh.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #302 on: September 01, 2022, 04:28:00 PM »
I know we can all be fickle at times but only recently some on here was claiming he was a genius and how we conducted business under the noses of the shite media was very impressive.  Now because it suits he is useless   ::)

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2022, 02:02:59 PM »
We are all clamouring for the manager to be given the boot (me included) and some of us are still expecting we spend multiple millions on top players that a new manager may not want?

From what's happened since the early transfers, where Gerrard had full backing and we got some gems - to now being a bit of a damp squib, I believe a new manager cannot be far off.

They are not going to spunk the transfer budget until the next guy has the chance to make his assessment.

If Gerrard is still here come January, then I'm completely wrong and you can vilify me accordingly.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #304 on: September 02, 2022, 02:47:46 PM »
Bednarek and Dendoncker. Something tells me that this bloke is small time. If we want continued progression then this clown has reached his ceiling.

I think the latter is a very astute signing, the former is kind of steady. But parking that, were Kamara and Diego Carlos small time?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #305 on: September 02, 2022, 02:50:30 PM »
I know we can all be fickle at times but only recently some on here was claiming he was a genius and how we conducted business under the noses of the shite media was very impressive.  Now because it suits he is useless   ::)

The success of his job like in the hands of someone else really. He can fill the squad with promising talent, but if the manager doesn't know his arse from his elbow he could ruin every one of them and make them look shite.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2022, 02:52:04 PM »
Well, whatever happens...he'll always have good teeth (unless he breaks them).

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #307 on: September 02, 2022, 02:56:48 PM »
We are all clamouring for the manager to be given the boot (me included) and some of us are still expecting we spend multiple millions on top players that a new manager may not want?

From what's happened since the early transfers, where Gerrard had full backing and we got some gems - to now being a bit of a damp squib, I believe a new manager cannot be far off.

They are not going to spunk the transfer budget until the next guy has the chance to make his assessment.

If Gerrard is still here come January, then I'm completely wrong and you can vilify me accordingly.

If Gerrard is still here in January it's because he's somehow turned things around and got us looking like he might be able to achieve something. If that's the case he'll have earned some money to spend in the window, and we'll be in a much better place to attract players to the club with it.

I think that's unlikely but If it does happen it'd be great.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #308 on: September 02, 2022, 03:02:40 PM »

If Gerrard is still here in January it's because he's somehow turned things around and got us looking like he might be able to achieve something. If that's the case he'll have earned some money to spend in the window, and we'll be in a much better place to attract players to the club with it.

I think that's unlikely but If it does happen it'd be great.
exactly

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #309 on: October 21, 2022, 01:42:17 PM »
Percy did an article and quite telling.

"Luiz is a player admired by sporting director Johan Lange, which perhaps helps to explain the new contract he signed shortly being sent-off against Fulham, and there have been question marks over whether or not Gerrard saw eye to eye with the Dane.

Lange had signed Bertrand Traore when Dean Smith was still in charge, but the winger was quickly bombed out by Gerrard and joined Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir on loan in the summer. A move to sign another forward Ismaila Sarr was blocked by Gerrard after Villa had agreed a fee with Watford.

Sources close to Gerarrd believe he was left isolated by Lange when the going got tough and point to the fact that the 42-year-old did not put his name to any of the statements confirming the dismissals of Gerrard or his staff"

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #310 on: October 21, 2022, 01:56:20 PM »
So we agreed a fee with Watford and Gerrard knew absolutely nothing about it until he was told?
Surely he would’ve gone to Gerrard and said he could get this player and then would’ve got some sort of reaction before bidding.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #311 on: October 21, 2022, 01:59:48 PM »
And I certainly feel Sarr would have been very useful in matches. Offers much needed option in our attack.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2022, 01:59:51 PM »
Sarr may well have saved Gerrard his job.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2022, 04:40:04 PM »
Lange still has some credit in the bank for me because he did seem to conduct some good business over the last year. Purslow I would prefer to see hit the road.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #314 on: October 21, 2022, 04:45:05 PM »
I'd bin him ASAP personally. Think he's found zero bargains, zero young players ready to challenge the squad etc. Utter uselessness.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal