collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: TIFO Football Podcast  (Read 1410 times)

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
TIFO Football Podcast
« on: August 06, 2020, 07:35:23 AM »
Interesting podcast here with this episode in particular from the 4th of August titled "What's going on at Aston Villa?"

https://play.acast.com/s/tifo-football-podcast/2bd14f27-72b1-496c-8cdd-4ca0a2209b82

Very much worth a listen. They also do one at at a similar time last year about us preparing for the season which is also with a listen.

Edit-  here is the link to the one from last year:

https://play.acast.com/s/tifo-football-podcast/tag%3Aaudioboom.com%2C2019-06-04%3A%2Fposts%2F7278819
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 07:38:47 AM by itbrvilla »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: TIFO Football Podcast
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 07:48:21 AM »
Didn't agree with his assessment that we wont improve for next season.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 08:05:23 AM »
I thought they said we've got quite a lot it areas to improve which is unlikely and there won't be a significant improvements in position. I interpreted it as meaning we won't be finishing above mid table

Offline Ads

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 09:00:49 AM »
I thought they said we've got quite a lot it areas to improve which is unlikely and there won't be a significant improvements in position. I interpreted it as meaning we won't be finishing above mid table

Either way I think its a weak analysis of us. Enjoyed the podcast nonetheless. Always thought Greg Evans was a Stripey?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 09:03:47 AM »
I listened to it the other day.
I thought it was ok on the whole but there will still lazy assumptions in there, plus Gregg Evans trying to appear ITK, when he actually knows as much as the rest of us....fuck all.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 09:45:03 AM »
I find it difficult when listening to some of these podcasts not to imagine some of the panel riding a unicycle and eating cereal (in a ironic way), and sporting plus fours and a Victorian styled beard, such is the stench of pseudo-intellectual hipster twattery.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 09:47:58 AM »
I really think the TIFO guys are excellent, particularly Seb Bloor.  Unfortunately this podcast was mainly delivered by Gregg Evans who is a decent Villa writer but has nowhere near the tactical analysis of the main presenters.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 10:02:01 AM »

Either way I think its a weak analysis of us. Enjoyed the podcast nonetheless. Always thought Greg Evans was a Stripey?
I don't really think it's a weak analysis - their view is even with a few good signings we'll probably still be somewhere bettween 15-18, which I think is probably about right.

Offline Ads

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 10:45:44 AM »

I don't really think it's a weak analysis - their view is even with a few good signings we'll probably still be somewhere bettween 15-18, which I think is probably about right.

It's the ceiling he places on improvement, I just disagree that we cannot push beyond that.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 11:12:38 AM »

It's the ceiling he places on improvement, I just disagree that we cannot push beyond that.
It's just his opinion as to where we're likely to be able to get to next season and unfortunately I probably agree with him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 11:29:59 AM »
How much are TIFO paying for H&V new thread publicity? Not enough, they're hipster as shit.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 11:40:18 AM »
Fucking hell, some of the best analysis out there is invalid because they sound posh or have got beards?

Christ, stick with Matt Kendricks nonsensical ramblings and pathetic jokes then.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 12:23:18 PM »
Sorry Chris, couldn't resist doubling-down (as is the fashion) on LeeB's caricature but you're quite right.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 01:47:44 PM »

With the right signings I really dont see why we couldn't match what the mid table teams (ie Sheffield Utd and Burnley) have doen this season.   Burnley conceded 17 fewer goals and in a crude analysis gained 19 more points as a result.   That's very 'doable'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal