collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why are Aston Villa so unpopular with neutrals?  (Read 12539 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Why are Aston Villa so unpopular with neutrals?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2020, 07:54:34 PM »
I don't hate Everton or Sunderland - but it's amusing to see them struggle on the pitch.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2020, 07:55:17 PM »
No offence to the OP but navel gazing of that nature forms part of the perception of us.

Couldn't give a tinker's cuss what fans of other clubs think of us.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:58:15 PM by KevinGage »

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2020, 07:56:39 PM »
If it bothers you what other fans think, you should take up Morris Dancing.

I didn't say it bothered me

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2020, 08:03:20 PM »
It’s only fair, because I hate every other team.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2020, 08:04:30 PM »
a combination of jealousy and also that we have played some of the most shit football ever seen in the PL the last two years we've been in it. I don't know if it's hate or just a sense of they couldn't give a fuck about us. And many know if we decided to ever take this seriously we'd probably be pretty good.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2020, 08:08:01 PM »
To be fair, let's not get all Newcastle about it. I always thought our reactions against them were a backhanded compliment. We wouldn't have been taking the piss if some pointless team like Reading had gone down.

Everyone has heard of Villa and there is an element of schadenfreude in wanting to see us sent down.

Absolutely agree with this,

It is when you go down and back up all the time that people stop noticing you - like Small Heath, Albion, and lots of other piss-pot nothing clubs that nobody really cares about.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2020, 08:09:44 PM »
Considering that Villa Park is hardly a fortress and for certain clubs a visit is a virtual guarantee of three points, I'm amazed anyone would want to see the back of us.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »
I don't feel the disdain other than from the usual suspects and Wolves who have a diamond cutter of a hard on for us.

I had an Everton and West Ham fan wish us well prior to the weekend. I met a Newcastle fan last year who had no truck with all their recent nonsense and a couple of Stoke fans wanted Sandwell to fail and Small Heath to go down long before any desire to see us relegated.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2020, 08:28:59 PM »
I think we get a fair bit of respect from fans of quite a few clubs. Obviously Small Heath, Smethwick, the dogheads and Coventry Singer don't like us. I don't think any of the East Midlands clubs passionately dislike us either.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »
Morris Dancing is for Minors.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2020, 08:41:26 PM »
Also, it’s so easy to find reasons to resent other teams the law of averages says you’ll eventually hate and be hated by all other teams especially if you throw in a relegation or 2.

Look at barcodes and Bristol city as two examples of teams who hate us with a passion for laughably flimsy reasons.
What is the Bristol City reason? They have a Wolverhampton shaped boner over us for some reason.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2020, 08:44:01 PM »
I don't feel the disdain other than from the usual suspects and Wolves who have a diamond cutter of a hard on for us.

I had an Everton and West Ham fan wish us well prior to the weekend. I met a Newcastle fan last year who had no truck with all their recent nonsense and a couple of Stoke fans wanted Sandwell to fail and Small Heath to go down long before any desire to see us relegated.

I seem to recall Small Heath, Smethwick and Stoke all having a bit of a moody rivalry with each other when all three of them were all bouncing around the second and third tiers in the mid nineties. Didn't a ref get assaulted by a nose at the sty during a Small Heath v Stoke game around that period?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2020, 08:44:52 PM »
Also, it’s so easy to find reasons to resent other teams the law of averages says you’ll eventually hate and be hated by all other teams especially if you throw in a relegation or 2.

Look at barcodes and Bristol city as two examples of teams who hate us with a passion for laughably flimsy reasons.
What is the Bristol City reason? They have a Wolverhampton shaped boner over us for some reason.

Because we stop off there when we're going on holiday and turn their women's heads with our fancy big city ways.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2020, 08:48:09 PM »

Because we stop off there when we're going on holiday and turn their women's heads with our fancy big city ways.

It sounds like Dave W broke the bank and bought a half of lager for a woman once in Bristol.  ;)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2020, 08:49:31 PM »

Didn't Lee Johnson make a massive fuss about their fans not being given an end at VP last season or season before? Being located in the same place as every other away team's lot wasn't good enough for Bristol City apparently!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal