collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham United vs Aston Villa STAYING UP!!!! - Post Match Thread  (Read 35901 times)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: West Ham United vs Aston Villa STAYING UP!!!! - Post Match Thread
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2020, 03:57:01 PM »
Read the article on daily heil and it’s a click bait article. Had the goal occurred on last day then there is a point to be made. However they had 38 games to save themselves. 9 after lockdown. They didn’t and were relegated. There were also another 45 mins in that Sheffield game we could have responded to had we been a goal down.

By same rules, teams would be begging for compensation if a star player was crocked in a game by the opposition (if we had our striker we would have been playing like Brazil). Like I said, it’s shitty click bait

Had our blond bombshell carried the ball over the line in the last minute of the last day there might be a case - at least a moral one.

But with so much time left in that particular game and nine matches to follow it's bollocks. So many variables.

If it leads to a rethink on how infallible the technology is (it clearly isn't) then all well and good.  Between them the ref and the linesman should see enough even without a ping on their wristwatch or whatever else they were waiting on.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »
I don't care if they get compensation...good luck to them if they do. It's the constant crying that we only stayed up due to this error that grates on most of us I would imagine....cheats, should have let them walk the ball in, replay the game, relegate Villa.....blah blah blah. 
I don't know about you but I'm absolutely loving the outrage from other supporters about a goal that wasn't given.

Offline postal

« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »
Read the article on daily heil and it’s a click bait article. Had the goal occurred on last day then there is a point to be made. However they had 38 games to save themselves. 9 after lockdown. They didn’t and were relegated. There were also another 45 mins in that Sheffield game we could have responded to had we been a goal down.

By same rules, teams would be begging for compensation if a star player was crocked in a game by the opposition (if we had our striker we would have been playing like Brazil). Like I said, it’s shitty click bait

Had our blond bombshell carried the ball over the line in the last minute of the last day there might be a case - at least a moral one.

But with so much time left in that particular game and nine matches to follow it's bollocks. So many variables.

If it leads to a rethink on how infallible the technology is (it clearly isn't) then all well and good.  Between them the ref and the linesman should see enough even without a ping on their wristwatch or whatever else they were waiting on.

That's the problem, because they rely on it working, and didn't know it wasn't working, they don't use their eyes.

And yes it's click bait. If it had happened in the final minute and it's unlikely for the team to get something from the game maybe.

But no, and there's a minefield of VAR ( and I know in this it's goal line) cases we could raise.

Still, another reason why our forwarders are liabilities, bundling into the keeper....

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2020, 04:16:47 PM »
It wasn't not working, we somehow* managed to become the first set of players in over 9,000 games to manage to obscure sufficient of its 9 sensors to stop it working properly.

*somehow, or brilliant training ground routine? We'll never know...

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2020, 04:55:04 PM »
compensating Bournemouth sets a dangerous precedent going forward.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2020, 05:12:18 PM »
I sympathise with Bournemouth but they weren't the only sufferers of bullshit officiating this year.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2020, 05:16:13 PM »
I have just seen the free kick on Sky Sports, as it came into the box, I have a feeling that there are two of the Sheffield United players in an offside position, potentially would have been reviewed by VAR in any case.  Therefore, potentially, null and void argument.

I think it's really classless of Bournemouth to go through with this, if it happens. Perhaps we should be suing Kevin Friend.

Offline Dave P

« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2020, 05:22:29 PM »
Other than being in our game, this doesn’t concern us. Bournemouth are suing Hawkeye and, if successful, they will get money. There is 0 chance of them keeping premier league status and 0 chance of us going down.

I’m not a lawyer by any means but even id feel confident defending Hawkeye on this one.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #488 on: July 28, 2020, 05:22:42 PM »
The night we lost to ManUre, VAR issued an apology stating Yanited's penalty should not have been given. We were the better team up to that point and it was goalless so it's not over-reaching to suggest that we may have got something from that game had the referee/VAR done their job.

On the same night, in the same statement, VAR also confirmed that Spurs should have been given a penalty against Bournemouth. That game finished goalless. Harry Kane is pretty reliable from the spot. A Mourinho team are pretty good at sitting back on a lead and hitting teams on the break.

Conclusion - get ta fcuk, Bournemouth.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #489 on: July 28, 2020, 05:32:05 PM »
I don't care if they get compensation...good luck to them if they do. It's the constant crying that we only stayed up due to this error that grates on most of us I would imagine....cheats, should have let them walk the ball in, replay the game, relegate Villa.....blah blah blah. 
I don't know about you but I'm absolutely loving the outrage from other supporters about a goal that wasn't given.
My take on it too. Every Villa hating arsehole can go fuck themselves with a rusty trumpet.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #490 on: July 28, 2020, 05:35:46 PM »
Henri Lansbury's disallowed goal v Palace. The Premier League apologised about that. Villa can counter sue. This would become a minefield and would never end.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #491 on: July 28, 2020, 05:36:11 PM »
The night we lost to ManUre, VAR issued an apology stating Yanited's penalty should not have been given. We were the better team up to that point and it was goalless so it's not over-reaching to suggest that we may have got something from that game had the referee/VAR done their job.

On the same night, in the same statement, VAR also confirmed that Spurs should have been given a penalty against Bournemouth. That game finished goalless. Harry Kane is pretty reliable from the spot. A Mourinho team are pretty good at sitting back on a lead and hitting teams on the break.

Totally agree Eamonn.  There are so many issues across the course of a season that we'd all be suing each other all the time.  Referee's would be scared to make decisions at all. 

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #492 on: July 28, 2020, 05:43:17 PM »

Totally agree Eamonn.  There are so many issues across the course of a season that we'd all be suing each other all the time.  Referee's would be scared to make decisions at all. 

Bournemouth will end up looking extremely tinpot in all of this, if they’re not already.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:24:39 PM by CT »

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2020, 05:57:50 PM »
I'd made the mistake of leaving tawkspawt on earlier. The 10 o'clock show with shouty White and Natalie Sawyer and Simon Jordan were leading with it, with some sports lawyers too. I didn't listen beyond the intro, sorry.
Not at work today so was listening to that shite this morning. To be fair though both Simon Jordan and Natalie Sawyers blew it out of the water for the stupidness it is. Nevertheless the channel as a whole has been running with the story for the last 2 days along the lines of villa got away with it, and also alongside twisting Petrovs words that Grealish is good enough to play in champions league, to Petrov says grealish should play in the champions league. If not necessarily all the pundits, the channel itself seems to have it in for villa, with an editorial line this week that villa are lucky to stay up and grealish should go.

Simple solution, stop listening.

True, and I don’t normally, but did today and a bit yesterday in the aftermath of us staying up, so just commenting on what I’d heard.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #494 on: July 28, 2020, 06:00:25 PM »
Had a quick look at a Bournemouth forum and most accept that one decision, less than halfway through a game with loads of matches remaining, wouldn't necessarily have resulted in their survival.

It's just the usual weirdos from round here who can't ever get the time off work to see "their" team in action but never miss a televised Villa game who are obsessing over it. Let them have something else to make their empty lives even more miserable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal