collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Post Match Thread  (Read 10842 times)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Post Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2020, 10:33:45 PM »
Shaved my beard off.

Villa won.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2020, 10:37:07 PM »
Shaved my beard off.

Villa won.
A chest and two bollocks should see us safe.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2020, 10:56:56 PM »
I did say that I thought we would win today. However, I was really surprised that, after our first goal, I saw movement and commitment in the team that I haven’t see for absolutely yonks. A joy to watch and, if they had shown the same determination since the restart we wouldn’t now even be thinking about relegation. 2 wins from the ones we drew would have made all the difference. I also said the other day possible draws against Everton and Arsenal and a win at West Ham. Really hope I’m wrong as I feel, bearing in mind our inferior goal difference, we still may need 2 wins and a draw ie 37 points. Ideally I would like to see West Ham beat Watford as the latter’s last two matches would then be Citeh at home and finally, the Arse away.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2020, 11:27:08 PM »
Shaved my beard off.

Villa won.

Surely the bollocks are one game?  They are a package that cannot be separated.  Therefore, I'd like to propose that Jon shaves his arse crack if we pull this off?  In fact, I will join him in shaving my own bottom if we avoid relegation. I promise.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2020, 11:38:52 PM »
Shaved my beard off.

Villa won.

Surely the bollocks are one game?  They are a package that cannot be separated.  Therefore, I'd like to propose that Jon shaves his arse crack if we pull this off?  In fact, I will join him in shaving my own bottom if we avoid relegation. I promise.
Jon shaving his own arse crack would be an even bigger miracle than us staying up.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2020, 01:22:19 AM »
Amused by the amount of posts saying how shite Palace were. That seems to happen a lot the rare times we actually win - people slagging off the quality or lack thereof in the opposition. There was very little between the teams in the first half, we stepped up a gear for fifteen minutes in the second half which was enough to get us the insurance goal and then Palace had the better of the late chances. But it was a hard-earned win against a side who are, in the wider context, better than us and not in urgent need of points. No need to decry them as the new Blosers.

I would have felt aggrieved if that handball for their "goal" had been given against us. Surprised though that no one has mentioned a possible foul by Ayew on Reina as the free kick comes in. Ayew clearly nudges Reina - to the extent that it made Reina fall to the ground I'm not sure, only he knows that but by falling to the ground and giving Palace an unguarded goal, it's more likely that it was a foul. Watching the game, when the VAR check came up, I presumed it was for that.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2020, 01:35:12 AM »
Shaved my beard off.

Villa won.

A noble sacrifice. I cut off my lockdown ponytail.

We must do what we can.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2020, 04:16:13 AM »
There is one reason we won that game and that is Grealish played as a forward not a fill in defender. He looked and played like the player he is and tormented the Palace defenders. With more attacking power it gave the Villa defence respite from being under consistant pressure.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2020, 08:01:19 AM »
Spent most of today getting ridiculously ahead of myself. We've still a huge mountain to climb and odds on to get relegated but we are showing some fight. That's all we asked for. 

Offline Holte132

« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2020, 08:15:07 AM »
Amused by the amount of posts saying how shite Palace were. That seems to happen a lot the rare times we actually win - people slagging off the quality or lack thereof in the opposition. There was very little between the teams in the first half, we stepped up a gear for fifteen minutes in the second half which was enough to get us the insurance goal and then Palace had the better of the late chances. But it was a hard-earned win against a side who are, in the wider context, better than us and not in urgent need of points. No need to decry them as the new Blosers.

I would have felt aggrieved if that handball for their "goal" had been given against us. Surprised though that no one has mentioned a possible foul by Ayew on Reina as the free kick comes in. Ayew clearly nudges Reina - to the extent that it made Reina fall to the ground I'm not sure, only he knows that but by falling to the ground and giving Palace an unguarded goal, it's more likely that it was a foul. Watching the game, when the VAR check came up, I presumed it was for that.

Not meaning to sound clever after the event, but I thought exactly the same about Ayew fouling Reina and, like you, I assumed the VAR was for that.

Online Meanwood Villa

« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2020, 08:54:47 AM »
Yeah I thought it must be for the Ayew challenge as well and thought we had a good chance of getting it chalked off given protection to keepers. When it was clear they were focusing on handball I thought "we're screwed here"

Online Clampy

« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2020, 09:06:55 AM »
VAR reversing our penalty decision was correct but what fucks me off about it is how long they took scrutinising over it from every angle before reversing it compared to how quick the Man Utd one was given the other night for an almost identical incident, it is a fucking farce.

Was their handball even looked at? Also, I thought five minutes added on was a bit much.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2020, 09:57:35 AM »
VAR reversing our penalty decision was correct but what fucks me off about it is how long they took scrutinising over it from every angle before reversing it compared to how quick the Man Utd one was given the other night for an almost identical incident, it is a fucking farce.

Was their handball even looked at? Also, I thought five minutes added on was a bit much.

I think it’s the additional substitutions causing the extra added in times, their must half a dozen in the second half yesterday.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2020, 09:58:33 AM »

I think it’s the additional substitutions causing the extra added in times, their must half a dozen in the second half yesterday.

Substitutions plus the ridiculous drinks breaks. 

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2020, 10:03:00 AM »

Substitutions plus the ridiculous drinks breaks.

Otherwise known as the advertisement breaks of the future 🤔

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal