collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Racist Scumbag Villa "Supporter"  (Read 13412 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Racist Scumbag Villa "Supporter"
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2020, 12:30:44 AM »
Racism is not a genetic trait. Not in any way. That's being polite. It just isn't.

I disagree. everyone is scared of different on a raw instinct level.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2020, 12:32:01 AM »
No they're not.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2020, 12:37:47 AM »
Two questions
What are your fears?
What if you were entirely wrong? How would you be able to find out if racial hatred fear was or wasn’t innate?

Probably the same as yours

Well you just look at what racists say.. Foreigners taking our jobs etc.. That's a base fear that goes all the way back to sitting in a cave worrying your crops are gonna be pinched

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2020, 12:45:16 AM »
Fear of not getting one's perceived fair share of scarce resources may be an inbuilt human trait, but it's got bugger all to do with the colour of a person's skin.  How many different races do you think prehistoric man tended to see?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2020, 12:45:22 AM »
Two questions
What are your fears?
What if you were entirely wrong? How would you be able to find out if racial hatred fear was or wasn’t innate?

Well you just look at what racists say.. Foreigners taking our jobs etc.. That's a base fear that goes all the way back to sitting in a cave worrying your crops are gonna be pinched

It's a mistake to assume that everyone thinks like you do.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2020, 12:47:54 AM »
Two questions
What are your fears?

oh god. here we go.....

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2020, 12:49:32 AM »
Fear of not getting one's perceived fair share of scarce resources may be an inbuilt human trait, but it's got bugger all to do with the colour of a person's skin.  How many different races do you think prehistoric man tended to see?

larf. its fear of difference. Are you saying people who want the poles to  go back to Europe aren't racist because they have white skin?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2020, 12:59:59 AM »

larf. its fear of difference. Are you saying people who want the poles to  go back to Europe aren't racist because they have white skin?

I don't think anyone would suggest that.

I'd suggest that a toddler called Smith would be unlikely to have an innate fear of one called Kowalski.

If an adult, adolescent or, as in the case that started this thread, slightly older child was constantly being told that Polish people were untrustworthy, violent, prone to criminality, or any other unwanted trait you care to name, then they might dislike the adult Kowalksi.

Prejudice is learned, not genetic.

What you're saying isn't some universal wisdom you've come out with that the rest of us are too blind to see or too scared to admit. It's dangerous, pseudo-scientific bullshit.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 01:02:44 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2020, 01:00:52 AM »
Two questions
What are your fears?

oh god. here we go.....

?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2020, 01:06:20 AM »

No. It's xenophobia.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2020, 01:11:01 AM »

I don't think anyone would suggest that.

I'd suggest that a toddler called Smith would be unlikely to have an innate fear of one called Kowalski.

If an adult, adolescent or, as in the case that started this thread, slightly older child was constantly being told that Polish people were untrustworthy, violent, dangerous, or any other unwanted trait you care to name, then they might dislike the adult Kowalksi.

Prejudice is learned, not genetic.

I disagree. Yes, a child taught that polish people have those characteristics by his parents could possibly grow up disliking them but not necessarily. Plenty of people around who's parents are a bit that way, but their offspring aren't, but  would a 5 year old with no experience of family anti-polish bias find a polish schoolmate who spoke bad english, ate different food etc strange or different? I think they would, and that polish child  would possibly experience bullying that had nothing to do with the bully's parents or upbringing.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2020, 01:15:14 AM »
I'd also say that it is possible that fans of other clubs might be looking at this thread given the publicity surrounding this abuse. It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Wilfried Zaha and/or some of our own Black players might do likewise.

I'd like to think this thread would show solidarity with Zaha and opposition to the racism he has had to wake up to. Engaging in this exercise in whataboutery isn't a good look for us as Villa fans.

I think it might be better if sickbeggar's views on the origins of racism were discussed (and deconstructed) somewhere like the Black Lives Matter thread rather than here.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2020, 01:20:18 AM »
Well you're probably right. It's nothing to do with whether racism is right or exists, but how to deal with it effectively. I would hope it would be obvious to anyone with a brain reading this that racism is totally wrong imo.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2020, 07:28:34 AM »

We've got twin boys (2 years old at the time). About a month after they went to the childminders for the first time - they were the only children under her care - a couple of polish kids started. The oldest spoke a bit of English, the youngest could only speak polish. Literally before the mum had left the house they were playing together, and within a couple of hours they were both chatting away to the younger child in Polish.

They'd never met any Polish person before.

I'm not convinced they had an innate fear of poles taking the potatoes out of our back garden....

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2020, 07:37:21 AM »
I'd also say that it is possible that fans of other clubs might be looking at this thread given the publicity surrounding this abuse. It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Wilfried Zaha and/or some of our own Black players might do likewise.

I'd like to think this thread would show solidarity with Zaha and opposition to the racism he has had to wake up to. Engaging in this exercise in whataboutery isn't a good look for us as Villa fans.

I think it might be better if sickbeggar's views on the origins of racism were discussed (and deconstructed) somewhere like the Black Lives Matter thread rather than here.

I totally agree. Solidarity with Wilfried Zaha. I am embarrassed that this came from a Viila source.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal