collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Racist Scumbag Villa "Supporter"  (Read 13434 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: Racist Scumbag Villa "Supporter"
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2020, 12:00:03 AM »
there is no hierarchy in racism to my mind. It's as shitty to everyone whether you live in a country where the majority or establishment is white or black or asian. The point i'm making is its there to start with whatever your social conditioning. To blame an upturn in white racism on brexit or the tories is daft. I've heard some batshit crazy reasons why asians or blacks are subhuman by whites, blacks and asians (and i'm sure if i wasn't white i would have heard similar reasons why whites are subhuman). Its instinct, we kid ourselves we're anything other than apes with pretensions, and until we recognise that fact, the best that's gonna happen is no-one will say it, but will still think it.

Your ideas take away any personal responsibility for racist behaviour and societal institutional racism that clearly exists and is well documented. If following your ideas then racism is a natural human behavioural instinct. I’m afraid without getting personal because I don’t know you, but your excusing racist behaviour.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You obviously think humanity and society has evolved above racism. I don't think we have. Once we accept that, then you can deal with it properly
that’s not even logical?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2020, 12:00:46 AM »
Its instinct, we kid ourselves we're anything other than apes with pretensions, and until we recognise that fact, the best that's gonna happen is no-one will say it, but will still think it.

So how do lots of people manage to be not racist then?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2020, 12:01:13 AM »
well you can only go from personal experience. In my 50 years i've seen whites being racist about blacks, whites being racist about asians, asians being racist about blacks, blacks being racist about asians. asians being racist about asians . whites and asians being racist about jews. blacks and asians being racist about whites. Seems pretty across the board to my mind.
No. With respect this is load of bollocks and you really need to think about this. We are not talking about casual racism which is wrong in itself we are talking about an ingrained sense of self superiority and firm belief that darkies are inferior.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2020, 12:06:45 AM »
Its instinct, we kid ourselves we're anything other than apes with pretensions, and until we recognise that fact, the best that's gonna happen is no-one will say it, but will still think it.

Quite. And how come when you ask young children how their friends are different to them, they'll generally tell you everything from how long their hair is, to who their favourite superhero is, and what lunch is their favourite, but they'll almost never mention the fact their skin is a different colour.

Giving racists a free pass because "they're just doing what comes natural to them" is simply wrong in all sorts of ways.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2020, 12:06:54 AM »
The point i'm making is its there to start with whatever your social conditioning.

Complete nonsense.  Children aren't born racist, it's a completely learned behaviour.  I'm proud that my kids go to a school with a high percentage of Asian kids, and they all get on brilliantly.  Our youngest (5 years old) has never even mentioned the colour of her friends' skin, it just doesn't occur to her that there's a difference.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2020, 12:07:06 AM »
well you can only go from personal experience. In my 50 years i've seen whites being racist about blacks, whites being racist about asians, asians being racist about blacks, blacks being racist about asians. asians being racist about asians . whites and asians being racist about jews. blacks and asians being racist about whites. Seems pretty across the board to my mind.
No. With respect this is load of bollocks and you really need to think about this. We are not talking about casual racism which is wrong in itself we are talking about an ingrained sense of self superiority and firm belief that darkies are inferior.

With respect i'm not talking about casual racism. I once worked for a company where my jaw was permenatly dislocated by some of the stuff they said about each other.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2020, 12:09:41 AM »

They learn from experience. Doesn't mean the programming isn't there to start with

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2020, 12:09:57 AM »
well you can only go from personal experience. In my 50 years i've seen whites being racist about blacks, whites being racist about asians, asians being racist about blacks, asians being racist about backs. asians being racist about asians . whites and asians being racist about jews. blacks and asians being racist about whites. Seems pretty across the board to my mind.

I’m not quite sure what your point/logic is here, but I think it may miss the point of systemic oppression, majority influence etc. I could equally cite examples of every race not being racist to every other race.

My 12 month old is copying my behaviour now. We start shaping our offspring young.

My response before I started reading the rest hasn’t changed, which was: no. You can go from things *other* than your own experience. You can talk to others and learn about *their* experience.

ha, i've just listed whites being racists against other races and i'm not taking others experience into account? Quite the opposite to my mind.. I mean i would have to be friends with these other races to hear them being racist surely, or do people randomly spout racist stuff people they don't know? Not my experience.

You said you can only go from your own experience.
I disagreed.

Either way, just because you can name every type of racism does not prove that it is inherent. That is not a logical deduction. It doesn’t preclude that people learn racism.

The fact that some don’t become overtly racist you presumably would argue is because they unlearned it?

If you are arguing it’s inherent we are selfish, we are self regarding rather than other regarding you might have some grounds, but even that I’ve been watching closely and it’s amazing how little AV wants to share and feed her parents from so young.

Given we’re of different races, I’d be interested who you’d advise she’s supposed to have inherent hatred off, both of us as we all have different skin colours?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 12:11:41 AM by purpletrousers »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2020, 12:14:15 AM »
The point i'm making is its there to start with whatever your social conditioning.

Complete nonsense.  Children aren't born racist, it's a completely learned behaviour.  I'm proud that my kids go to a school with a high percentage of Asian kids, and they all get on brilliantly.  Our youngest (5 years old) has never even mentioned the colour of her friends' skin, it just doesn't occur to her that there's a difference.
Absolutely correct. I would say look at how very young children deal with it and learn from that.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2020, 12:14:41 AM »
There’s just so much here that needs unpacking sick beggar. I got to go do my paperwork, but appreciating you are seeeking to understand and consider how real change is possible, yet what you say seeems to be pretty alarming to (?)everyone else so far. I’m interested if you know many that agree with you that racial hatred is natural? You might need to give this some thought.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2020, 12:19:21 AM »

They learn from experience. Doesn't mean the programming isn't there to start with

I think the strongest you can argue for (and maybe you have been subject to?) is epigenetics, where chromosomes get marked in offspring in association with eg traumatic stimuli. Beyond that, I think your argument comes across as being ignorant and frankly, risks being offensive.

Thanks for engaging btw, I know it can feel like everyone is coming down on you, so appreciate communication staying open so we can hopefully learn from each other.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2020, 12:22:09 AM »
well you can only go from personal experience. In my 50 years i've seen whites being racist about blacks, whites being racist about asians, asians being racist about blacks, asians being racist about backs. asians being racist about asians . whites and asians being racist about jews. blacks and asians being racist about whites. Seems pretty across the board to my mind.

I’m not quite sure what your point/logic is here, but I think it may miss the point of systemic oppression, majority influence etc. I could equally cite examples of every race not being racist to every other race.

My 12 month old is copying my behaviour now. We start shaping our offspring young.

My response before I started reading the rest hasn’t changed, which was: no. You can go from things *other* than your own experience. You can talk to others and learn about *their* experience.

ha, i've just listed whites being racists against other races and i'm not taking others experience into account? Quite the opposite to my mind.. I mean i would have to be friends with these other races to hear them being racist surely, or do people randomly spout racist stuff people they don't know? Not my experience.

You said you can only go from your own experience.
I disagreed.

Either way, just because you can name every type of racism does not prove that it is inherent. That is not a logical deduction. It doesn’t preclude that people learn racism.

The fact that some don’t become overtly racist you presumably would argue is because they unlearned it?

If you are arguing it’s inherent we are selfish, we are self regarding rather than other regarding you might have some grounds, but even that I’ve been watching closely and it’s amazing how little AV wants to share and feed her parents from so young.

Given we’re of different races, I’d be interested who you’d advise she’s supposed to have inherent hatred off, both of us as we all have different skin colours?

what? It''s not hatred. Its a genetic trait that serves no purpose anymore like an appendix.  The problem is you and i are no different from the same guy who lived 50000 years ago when it did serve a purpose. We just haven't deleted it genetically. Society thinks we've overcome this fear of the different or should at least rise above it. I don't agree we have, and until we face it head on rather than claiming everyone learns it from their parents or peers then all you will do if at best is hide it, rather than get rid of it.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2020, 12:25:11 AM »
There’s just so much here that needs unpacking sick beggar. I got to go do my paperwork, but appreciating you are seeeking to understand and consider how real change is possible, yet what you say seeems to be pretty alarming to (?)everyone else so far. I’m interested if you know many that agree with you that racial hatred is natural? You might need to give this some thought.

It's natural. Desirable, good. Not at all. We just disagree on the way to deal with it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2020, 12:25:33 AM »
Racism is not a genetic trait. Not in any way. That's being polite. It just isn't.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2020, 12:30:34 AM »
Two questions
What are your fears?
What if you were entirely wrong? How would you be able to find out if racial hatred fear was or wasn’t innate?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal