collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Racist Scumbag Villa "Supporter"  (Read 13430 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Racist Scumbag Villa "Supporter"
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2020, 10:26:48 PM »
So as an experiment I asked my 13 year old daughter if she had heard of that c word.  She thought I was referring to cocoon and definitely has never heard of the word.  She’s bright as well. 

There's your problem when it comes to this topic!

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2020, 10:36:45 PM »
12 years old. The mind boggles.

The c**n word isn’t one I’ve personally heard for a very long time.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2020, 11:15:27 PM »
I don't agree. When i was 5, and half the school were picking on the kid with learning difficulties and bright ginger hair, I really don't think all their parents or older siblings had taught them to pick on gingers with learning difficulties. It's instinct Imo but no, we can't be animals, we're better than that.

God how many times have white people used the ginger example as some sort of comparator to what black people have experienced for many years. There may be certain things that are hot wired into us such as flight or fight, but it is a complete and utter cop out to even hint at the basis for racism being an inherent distrust of the ‘other’. That simply ignores all the systematic institutional organised racism that plays on people’s insecurities, economic and educational poverty etc. This country has had 40 years of deindustrialisation that has impoverished traditionally white working class communities both economically and culturally and the same elite in particular but not just in the Tory party who propelled this destruction of community, have systematically and purposely created division in our society particularly around race and ‘other’ people being to blame. Brexit has just opened the door for this shite to be acceptable to say publicly in some people’s eyes.
To say this is simply down to hot wiring of the human mind is a complete and utter cop out.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:18:08 PM by RamboandBruno »

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2020, 11:24:42 PM »
well you can only go from personal experience. In my 50 years i've seen whites being racist about blacks, whites being racist about asians, asians being racist about blacks, blacks being racist about asians. asians being racist about asians . whites and asians being racist about jews. blacks and asians being racist about whites. Seems pretty across the board to my mind.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:29:14 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2020, 11:37:33 PM »
well you can only go from personal experience. In my 50 years i've seen whites being racist about blacks, whites being racist about asians, asians being racist about blacks, blacks being racist about asians. asians being racist about asians . whites and asians being racist about jews. blacks and asians being racist about whites. Seems pretty across the board to my mind.

That’s one of the problems though isn’t it, everyone has a ‘personal’ experience. I went to a rough comprehensive in the mid 80’s and there were proper rough black v white football games with degrees of racism on both sides. But the idea that white people per se have suffered racism to the same extent as black people because individuals have heard this in their life, is frankly dangerous and is just not an accurate reflection of racism in this country over time. People who spout racist crap always have a personal reason of why there saying what they say

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2020, 11:48:23 PM »
there is no hierarchy in racism to my mind. It's as shitty to everyone whether you live in a country where the majority or establishment is white or black or asian. The point i'm making is its there to start with whatever your social conditioning. To blame an upturn in white racism on brexit or the tories is daft. I've heard some batshit crazy reasons why asians or blacks are subhuman by whites, blacks and asians (and i'm sure if i wasn't white i would have heard similar reasons why whites are subhuman). Its instinct, we kid ourselves we're anything other than apes with pretensions, and until we recognise that fact, the best that's gonna happen is no-one will say it, but will still think it.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2020, 11:49:53 PM »
Nope.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2020, 11:50:29 PM »
well you can only go from personal experience. In my 50 years i've seen whites being racist about blacks, whites being racist about asians, asians being racist about blacks, asians being racist about backs. asians being racist about asians . whites and asians being racist about jews. blacks and asians being racist about whites. Seems pretty across the board to my mind.

I’m not quite sure what your point/logic is here, but I think it may miss the point of systemic oppression, majority influence etc. I could equally cite examples of every race not being racist to every other race.

My 12 month old is copying my behaviour now. We start shaping our offspring young.

My response before I started reading the rest hasn’t changed, which was: no. You can go from things *other* than your own experience. You can talk to others and learn about *their* experience.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2020, 11:51:30 PM »
I have never heard anyone describe “whites” as sub-humans.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2020, 11:52:59 PM »
there is no hierarchy in racism to my mind. It's as shitty to everyone whether you live in a country where the majority or establishment is white or black or asian. The point i'm making is its there to start with whatever your social conditioning. To blame an upturn in white racism on brexit or the tories is daft. I've heard some batshit crazy reasons why asians or blacks are subhuman by whites, blacks and asians (and i'm sure if i wasn't white i would have heard similar reasons why whites are subhuman). Its instinct, we kid ourselves we're anything other than apes with pretensions, and until we recognise that fact, the best that's gonna happen is no-one will say it, but will still think it.

Your ideas take away any personal responsibility for racist behaviour and societal institutional racism that clearly exists and is well documented. If following your ideas then racism is a natural human behavioural instinct. I’m afraid without getting personal because I don’t know you, but your excusing racist behaviour.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2020, 11:55:41 PM »

I’m struggling to keep up with all that seems wrong with what you are saying.

Absolutely no doubt whatsoever Brexit and trump/Johnson public racist comments have increased racism.

The point is it has given permission, enabled, maybe I should say unleashed what is latent.
I know someone who said the only times they’ve experienced racist abuse was after 9/11 or 7/7 (I forget) and in the aftermath of Brexit. Did you see some of the things that happened? Perhaps no point giving examples but the crime stats are very very clearly out there.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2020, 11:55:54 PM »
well you can only go from personal experience. In my 50 years i've seen whites being racist about blacks, whites being racist about asians, asians being racist about blacks, asians being racist about backs. asians being racist about asians . whites and asians being racist about jews. blacks and asians being racist about whites. Seems pretty across the board to my mind.

I’m not quite sure what your point/logic is here, but I think it may miss the point of systemic oppression, majority influence etc. I could equally cite examples of every race not being racist to every other race.

My 12 month old is copying my behaviour now. We start shaping our offspring young.

My response before I started reading the rest hasn’t changed, which was: no. You can go from things *other* than your own experience. You can talk to others and learn about *their* experience.

ha, i've just listed whites being racists against other races and i'm not taking others experience into account? Quite the opposite to my mind.. I mean i would have to be friends with these other races to hear them being racist surely, or do people randomly spout racist stuff people they don't know? Not my experience.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2020, 11:58:44 PM »

Your ideas take away any personal responsibility for racist behaviour and societal institutional racism that clearly exists and is well documented. If following your ideas then racism is a natural human behavioural instinct. I’m afraid without getting personal because I don’t know you, but your excusing racist behaviour.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You obviously think humanity and society has evolved above racism. I don't think we have. Once we accept that, then you can deal with it properly

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2020, 11:59:01 PM »

ha, i've just listed whites being racists against other races and i'm not taking others experience into account? Quite the opposite to my mind.. I mean i would have to be friends with these other races to hear them being racist surely, or do people randomly spout racist stuff people they don't know? Not my experience.

I've had plenty of people I've never met before expect me to agree with their opinion of 'them'.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2020, 11:59:10 PM »
I have never heard anyone describe “whites” as sub-humans.

Yep that stood out for me. I’d wager my repeated experience of being white in Africa and the privileges I clearly get by MY skin colour (acknowledgeding presumed economic power/privilege) are rather different to the average Black person in the UK.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal