collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Villa Book... sort of...Now available in paperback!  (Read 31471 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: New Villa Book... sort of...
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2020, 12:22:54 PM »
Just popped it on to my Kindle, Percy!
I'd left Aston by the time you have set it, but looking forward to some familiar settings and experiences!
Good on yer mate! I'll leave a review when I've read it.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2020, 01:02:40 PM »
Don't have a kindle but my Mrs is a lot more clued up than me on tech so I will endeavor to buy the book. I was born in the inner city (back to back house)and grew up there. Saltley/ Duddeston, Alum Rock, Nechells was and still is my stomping ground so I love stuff like this.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2020, 01:21:34 PM »
Nice one Percy.  I don't get on with Kindle so will wait for the paperback.  I love the intro' and prologue and have sent the link to a load of ex pats who will definitely be interested.  Sending you a pm too.

Cheers Bren, for some reason it doesn’t recognise Bren’d when I try to reply. You can get the kindle app on another device I think. I’ve read yours though, I’ll maybe have a chat with our friend about it.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2020, 01:26:09 PM »
I'd left Aston by the time you have set it, but looking forward to some familiar settings and experiences!

Good stuff mate, thanks a lot. I hope you enjoy it. I was hoping to write about... was it Sylvia’s bar or Stella’s? But I lost touch with the bloke who used to go on about it. Upstairs room in a pub in Sycamore Road I think.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2020, 01:27:03 PM »
Don't have a kindle but my Mrs is a lot more clued up than me on tech so I will endeavor to buy the book. I was born in the inner city (back to back house)and grew up there. Saltley/ Duddeston, Alum Rock, Nechells was and still is my stomping ground so I love stuff like this.

You’ve walked the streets in the book mate. Thanks for buying it.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2020, 02:32:10 PM »
Just out of interest do you know the Villa fan who runs the Shipwreck bar in St Kitts?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2020, 02:53:25 PM »
Nice one Percy.  I don't get on with Kindle so will wait for the paperback.  I love the intro' and prologue and have sent the link to a load of ex pats who will definitely be interested.  Sending you a pm too.

Cheers Bren, for some reason it doesn’t recognise Bren’d when I try to reply. You can get the kindle app on another device I think. I’ve read yours though, I’ll maybe have a chat with our friend about it.

I’m registered as Bren_d. The Bren’d was a change when an N’Zogbia inspired user name was all the rage. (How daft were we?) You can change your user name but your original username stays under your registration. At least I think that’s the reason.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2020, 03:50:20 PM »
Just out of interest do you know the Villa fan who runs the Shipwreck bar in St Kitts?

I don’t mate. I think I’ve been though. Had our picture taken with Kim Collins there if I’ve got the right place.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2020, 04:01:45 PM »
Yeah it's the place with all the monkeys Nevis Side of St Kitts.
I spent some time with two of the lads mentioned in your book in Mexico .very respectable but still mad as a box of frogs .

Enjoyed the book greatly brought back so many memories good and bad .

I was at Brighton you forgot about the Pompey Chelsea shenanigans .

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »

Good stuff mate, thanks a lot. I hope you enjoy it. I was hoping to write about... was it Sylvia’s bar or Stella’s? But I lost touch with the bloke who used to go on about it. Upstairs room in a pub in Sycamore Road I think.
Definitely Stella's Bar....run by Sylvia....at the Queen's Tavern???
Another uncle - Billy Bignall from Summer Lane was a professional barman and did big gigs around the city, especially at The Midland, The Bingley Halls, Aston Hipp etc. Always wore a suit and tie even on the beach one year at Ilfracombe!

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2020, 04:09:31 PM »

Spent a lot of time there when we were in St Kitts a couple of years ago. It’s my cousin’s local. I met the bloke you are talking about but didn’t realise he was a Villa fan.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2020, 04:35:07 PM »
Yeah I spent a lot of time in Nevis with work and when they opened up the ferry it was an easy ride .had a few drunken afternoons lamenting about the Villa

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »
Yeah I spent a lot of time in Nevis with work and when they opened up the ferry it was an easy ride .had a few drunken afternoons lamenting about the Villa

We spent a couple of days in Nevis, stayed at the hotel on the beach. There’s a good chance you would have bumped into my cousin who is a regular in Shipwreck and was a regular down the Villa before he moved away.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2020, 05:04:34 PM »

Definitely Stella's Bar....run by Sylvia....at the Queen's Tavern???
Another uncle - Billy Bignall from Summer Lane was a professional barman and did big gigs around the city, especially at The Midland, The Bingley Halls, Aston Hipp etc. Always wore a suit and tie even on the beach one year at Ilfracombe!

Marvellous. I should have researched it with you.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2020, 05:05:40 PM »
Yeah it's the place with all the monkeys Nevis Side of St Kitts.
I spent some time with two of the lads mentioned in your book in Mexico .very respectable but still mad as a box of frogs .

Enjoyed the book greatly brought back so many memories good and bad .

I was at Brighton you forgot about the Pompey Chelsea shenanigans .

I must have missed them or blanked them out.

Glad you enjoyed the book. Did you leave a review? :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal