collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by brontebilly
[Today at 09:53:18 AM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by brontebilly
[Today at 09:51:18 AM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by trinityoap
[Today at 09:49:17 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:47:46 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Future  (Read 4869 times)

Offline Holy Trinity

The Future
« on: July 11, 2020, 02:43:39 PM »
As todays results have sadly all but relegated us and with it we will day good bye to some of our better players.
The question is now who is the future of Aston Villa short term.
I think we will lose the below players.

Mings (money back- small profit)
Jack (75million ish)
Sir John (50 ish maybe)
Trez
El ghazi

Some other fringe players will leave so who is going to step up to stop us wasting another 100 million.
Archer, Ramsey & Barry I think will all play a reasonable part for us next season but my knowledge beyond then is not great and I'm sat here wondering who is available in the youth set up that will be our next grealish/agbonlahor?

Anybody with a greater knowledge of our youth team have a straw for me to cling to whilst I'm playing fifa pretending we are still a European superpower.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: The Future
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 02:48:52 PM »
You can add Luiz to that list.
Trez and Al Ghazi, I hope so.
It’s a complete rebuild, we are likely to be punished under FFP, we have no idea what the owners will want to do. No idea who out of CEO DOF and Head Coach remain.
So the future?

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 02:51:09 PM »
In my head Luiz was only a fancy loan to help city get him a work permit. I don't think this relegation will be anywhere near as disastrous as the first one.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 02:51:19 PM »
Unless something very drastic changes I can see us being a yo-yo club for the forseeable.

If, and it's a big if, we get back up we won't come up with such fanfare and optimism as we did last time. This season's experience will haunt us & we will have fallen further behind your teams like Burnley, etc.

They really cocked this up and I am so livid.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 02:51:51 PM »
I'm not convinced anyone will pay 50m for McGinn, based on both form and financial climate.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 02:53:51 PM »
Considering how little he cost I could see them accepting £15m as a good deal.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 02:55:48 PM »
Really not as worried as last time. FFP is covered by jack, we should be getting enough money from sales in to cover our losses at least for a while and allowing us to replace those leaving with decent championship level players.  Squad isnt full of old men on massive wages we can't shift. Core of the squad is good enough for the championship, and those unproven will either be moved on or make the grade. Hopefully we'll come back with a squad where our best players aren't gonna go back to their parent club when we get promoted.

#keepthefaith.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 02:56:11 PM »
The form of our supposed ‘prize assets’ since the restart will have a big impact on their value imo (and relegation obviously!).
Regardless of our owners’ wealth, we’ll probably still need to get those big earners off the books to adhere to FFP, which is where I can see prem clubs squeezing us for a bargain or two.
It’s a travesty of our own making. 😔

Offline TonyD

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 02:56:38 PM »
Been as our owners are filthy rich and we will get a parachute payment.   Why would we be looking to sell all our best players?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 02:59:05 PM »
The EFL are suing Derby based on the same accounting period we revalued the ground, I think we may have a problem.

Offline frank black

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 03:01:18 PM »
Considering how little he cost I could see them accepting £15m as a good deal.

I can’t

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 03:02:20 PM »
Once we're (mathematically) down, I want the owners to release an official statement of their future intentions regarding Aston Villa and their plan to deal with this unmitigated disaster of a season for the club.

Everyone concerned at the Club had one job to do this season. One job. It was to keep us up!

I also want our local media and the various supporters' groups, etc to ask the right questions too.

Offline frank black

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 03:03:55 PM »
The EFL are suing Derby based on the same accounting period we revalued the ground, I think we may have a problem.

Be interesting what happens to FFP as a result of the Covid situation. There’s going to be financial carnage in the championship and below that’s for sure.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 03:05:29 PM »
I don't see any point in such statements. Any statement will piss off just as many people as it mollifies, anyway.

They need to start the planning for the future as soon as the season is over. Sack Smith and Terry, appoint a manager with the ability to not just get us promoted, but make us competitive in the Premier League.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »

Be interesting what happens to FFP as a result of the Covid situation. There’s going to be financial carnage in the championship and below that’s for sure.
Agree, the suggestion is that Derby and us broke the rules then and we escaped by promotion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal