collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post Match Thread  (Read 17709 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2020, 10:29:38 PM »
We carry zero attacking threat, we dont give the opposition anything to think about. We're playing like a team who are mentally in mid-table and safe. There is no fire, no spark, no over laps, no getting in behind, no decent deliveries into the box, no goal mouth scrambles, no fucker to take the game by the bollocks and drag the rest through, everything is done at such a slow pace. We are fucking rancid to watch, boring as fuck.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2020, 10:29:50 PM »
I'll caveat my comments with an apology for repeating myself.

I thought we'd lose, but I expected a defeat like Sunday. Competitive.

I felt we got a performance at the start. Energy, pressing, having a go, creating openings, putting good balls in.

Then we're cheated. No ifs or buts. Cheated by a fat c*** like Moss. And I went fucking spare. Absolutely mental. My wife gave up telling me to stop swearing, I called my old man up and went fucking barmy down the phone. Livid does not cut it.

But we weren't. We weren't angry, we were meek. Soft. Accepting our fate. And that is inexcusable and unforgivable. If that shirt means anything or your professional pride counts for a jot, you do not fucking react like we did.

Mings- the defending was appalling. Grealish, the samecriminal schoolboy cowardice. Do not turn your back you twat, you get fucking hit. But you don't. You bottle it and let that odious wanker Pogba pick his spot.

I am infuriated with how passive we were, how stand offish how utterly fucking craven we were.

What happens on Sunday if it doesn't go our way? Fucking hell Villa.

Weak and I cannot abide that. I'll accept not being good enough (to a point), but I cannot accept surrendering. Ever.

I can understand a dodgy penalty and a goal well past stoppage time knocking the stuffing out of them, but what I cannot forgive is most of those players came out in the second half like they didn’t want to be there. McGinn couldn’t wait to get off, Mings no leadership, Grealish no anything, just given up. I could run through possibly the entire team apart from Luiz, possibly Taylor bizarrely enough and maybe Reins just because he was f**ing angry. The first goal in the second half could of changed everything if they’d come out fighting. We now need Bruce to turn over Watford and for us to somehow grow some pride and heart, i just think too many of them are now eyeing their next move. But I have to say, fuck knows why anyone would buy any of this lot, that includes Grealish

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2020, 10:30:53 PM »
On the flip side, that Greenwood kid looks some player. Certainly knows how to hit that soddin football.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2020, 10:31:00 PM »
Surprise surprise, “the penalty was the turning point”.
How the fuck do you explain the lack of goal threat, the lack of fight, the lack of bottle?!!
Get out of our fucking club, you chancer.

Well it was the turning point.

As Ads has said, our players gave up afterwards when they should have been furious and wanting to ram it down their throats.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2020, 10:31:59 PM »
Predictable interview from Smith.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2020, 10:32:19 PM »
Too many "players" stealing a living and no leadership throughout the whole set-up, I am angry, despondent, disappointed and above all realistic. You cannot concede so many goals, score so few, have so little quality in all areas of the club and expect to compete in this or indeed any league. Said it before but don't care, love my club, always but hate everything that's happened since we bought so poorly after 27/05/19 & that wonderful result at Wembley. All the momentum, the belief, the hard work to get us there all blow away by incompetence, poor planning, poor decisions, poor player recruitment, arrogance, a lack of self believe. Everyone involved apart from those of us that put put hands in our pockets to go & watch this debacle on a regular basis should hang their heads in shame & get the fuck out of the club I love.

Isn't criticizing us for both arrogance and lack of self belief slightly contradictory?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:36:23 PM by Damo70 »

Offline wince

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2020, 10:32:54 PM »
The turd I parked after half time was the most enjoyable thing this evening.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2020, 10:33:34 PM »
I'll caveat my comments with an apology for repeating myself.

I thought we'd lose, but I expected a defeat like Sunday. Competitive.

I felt we got a performance at the start. Energy, pressing, having a go, creating openings, putting good balls in.

Then we're cheated. No ifs or buts. Cheated by a fat c*** like Moss. And I went fucking spare. Absolutely mental. My wife gave up telling me to stop swearing, I called my old man up and went fucking barmy down the phone. Livid does not cut it.

But we weren't. We weren't angry, we were meek. Soft. Accepting our fate. And that is inexcusable and unforgivable. If that shirt means anything or your professional pride counts for a jot, you do not fucking react like we did.

Mings- the defending was appalling. Grealish, the samecriminal schoolboy cowardice. Do not turn your back you twat, you get fucking hit. But you don't. You bottle it and let that odious wanker Pogba pick his spot.

I am infuriated with how passive we were, how stand offish how utterly fucking craven we were.

What happens on Sunday if it doesn't go our way? Fucking hell Villa.

Weak and I cannot abide that. I'll accept not being good enough (to a point), but I cannot accept surrendering. Ever.

Well said.

I really cannot add anything to that.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2020, 10:33:49 PM »
No maybe about it.  Anybody who wants more of Smith deserves everything they get coming to them.  If we think like weaklings, we get weaklings in the shirt.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2020, 10:34:35 PM »
You will struggle to find me critical of a Villa manager on here since the Bolton defeat in April 2012.

But I'm done with him. Smith can go tonight and he can take Terry with him.

While we are at it, they should take all this Part of the Pride shit down. Serving up this tripe on the pitch surrounded by 20 foot high banners talking about Pride is laughable and embarrassing.

Offline AlwaysVilla

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2020, 10:36:13 PM »
Today was probably as poor as I've seen us this season. The lack of fight for a team facing relegation was startling.  Ive tried to defend Smith but his lack of motivation 2nd half showed a man who is resigned to our fate as much as we all are and that affects our players. It was like a training match for us again, and clearly the players have lost faith in him.

Sacking him now will make no difference as Terry would take over, God help us, but at the end of the season our owners will need to take a long hard look as to how from top to bottom we get it all very, very wrong. We need a clear vision for next season and if it isn't Smith  they had better find a manager who at the very least has a plan A and B and knows how to spend wisely on the millions we will get from Grealish etc all.

And for christ sake no more ' B' players from crap foreign leqgues.....

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2020, 10:36:18 PM »
No maybe about it.  Anybody who wants more of Smith deserves everything they get coming to them.  If we think like weaklings, we get weaklings in the shirt.

Spot on.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2020, 10:36:29 PM »
Not sacking Smith after we lost to Watford away is the worst decision  in a long time.

It was obvious, at that stage, that Smith was way, way out of his depth and not getting the maximum out of his resources.

I have bit my tongue on this one for several months but it is so fucking small time for a club like Villa to stick with a manager just because he's one of us.

This is a 140 year old institution that has been the best in a business that is about results. That's the bottom line, not sentiment. Survival was paramount this year and the fucked it up.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 10:38:37 PM by Villan82 »

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2020, 10:36:50 PM »
Was the half time team talk to tell them to be even more passive than they were in the first half.  'Fucking hell lads, please don't try as hard as you did for that first 20 minutes, they will be wanting it every week!'   The penalty was a farce.  Our balls into the box, bar a couple, we poor, no closing down, not a single tough tackle, so many players walking pace, McGinn looks chunky and unfit.  I cannot believe that Dean Smith is still here.  United didn't have to play well to win tonight. We were meek and disinterested.
Yep

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2020, 10:37:16 PM »
Interesting that with Smith gone, Brentford have actually improved

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal