collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread.  (Read 14432 times)

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread.
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2020, 02:31:33 PM »
I know that it must have come up earlier, but I can’t find any reference to it. Kickoff 4.30: Clap for NHS 5.00.
Is game going to stop?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2020, 02:38:24 PM »
I still can't understand why supporters like theirs (and to a lesser case Newcastle's) haven't yet realised that, local rivalries aside, you can pay no bigger compliment to a club than to hate them.
I can partly understand the Newcastle thing because we really stuck the knife in, but what have we ever done to upset Liverpool?

Won their cup once. And Newcastle are a classic example of not understanding - they thought it was just us without realising that everyone would have laughed at them and any other club of their size that was in trouble.

Newcastle are humourless dimwits. Plenty mocked us on our way down- rightly so, we were terrible and the biggest club to have been relegated since football began. We took it on the chin.

Those Gerodie windbags proper got their knockers in a twist which made it funny when we sent them down a 2nd time. But bitter doesn't cover it.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2020, 02:41:44 PM »
Just in case you wanted a reminder of what Liverpool fans are like.  Note their pre-match thread is called 'Champions V Villa'.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345566.80

Haven't read the link but I don't get whats wrong with calling themselves Champions ?
It's a bit wanky.

I'm more amused by the tribalism of football as I get older. If we won the league, our match threads would start 'The Champions' or similar, you can guarantee it. You can definitely find some sticks to beat Liverpool fans with, but this isn't one of them.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2020, 02:47:05 PM »
VAR rules out Villa winning last kick of the game goal for not social distancing whilst celebrating!!

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2020, 03:01:36 PM »
I'm ok with a respectable loss today - they are in a different planet, let alone league, than us currently. And it don't cost us relegation.

But I am looking for two things - desire (awareness of our position) and energy (they have not played for 8 days). If we see another lifeless, listless display, it tells us everything about the manager, his coaches, the players, and the club generally - and the wholesale changes required to even think about ever competing back in this league again

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2020, 03:11:35 PM »
Just in case you wanted a reminder of what Liverpool fans are like.  Note their pre-match thread is called 'Champions V Villa'.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345566.80

Haven't read the link but I don't get whats wrong with calling themselves Champions ?
It's a bit wanky.

Legion or TV/PWS would on our match threads if we we had just won the league.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2020, 03:28:20 PM »
I still can't understand why supporters like theirs (and to a lesser case Newcastle's) haven't yet realised that, local rivalries aside, you can pay no bigger compliment to a club than to hate them.
I can partly understand the Newcastle thing because we really stuck the knife in, but what have we ever done to upset Liverpool?

Won their cup once. And Newcastle are a classic example of not understanding - they thought it was just us without realising that everyone would have laughed at them and any other club of their size that was in trouble.

Newcastle are humourless dimwits. Plenty mocked us on our way down- rightly so, we were terrible and the biggest club to have been relegated since football began. We took it on the chin.

Those Gerodie windbags proper got their knockers in a twist which made it funny when we sent them down a 2nd time. But bitter doesn't cover it.

The second one was hilarious. They came to have a right good laugh at us, but found the Holte in party mood.

Then as a bonus, couldn’t beat us, despite the fact we barely mustered a cross, and then got relegated while Sunderland stayed up!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal