collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:18:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reserves and Academy 2020-21  (Read 98841 times)

Offline caster troy

Re: Reserves and Academy 2020-21
« Reply #495 on: April 14, 2021, 07:59:34 PM »
Chukwuemeka got a hat-trick as well didn’t he?

First one was an own goal I think, came from Chukwuemeka bursting into the box and putting in a cross/shot. Wasn't much the defender could do from what I saw.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #496 on: April 14, 2021, 08:03:50 PM »
Amongst a few of those lads, I really like the look of Kesler at right back. I think he could back up Matty Cash quite easily.

Also, I’m probably wrong, but I thought you had to be 18 to get tattooed? Louie Barry definitely has one and isn’t 18!

Online LukeJames

« Reply #497 on: April 14, 2021, 08:12:59 PM »
14-17 (depending on region) in Spain according to the t'internet.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #498 on: April 14, 2021, 09:36:47 PM »
With Young and Barry on the team sheet, it slightly resembles a recent Villa team.

Have to wonder what we'll do in the transfer market when we've got some real talent on the way through. No point in spending £20m on someone if it's going to block the pathway of a kid like Chukwuemeka or Ramsey.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #499 on: April 14, 2021, 09:53:10 PM »
Chukwuemeka (I'm calling him Chuk from now on) seems to be a fantastic prospect. He's the same age as Bellingham and wouldn't it be brilliant to see him getting some minutes for the first team and maybe Barry? I'd really love to see it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #500 on: April 14, 2021, 10:29:35 PM »
Louie Bazza really is very good and I would love to see him make his senior debut this season

He did in the Liverpool cup game, didn't he? Just because we couldn't play any of the first-team, it was still a proper match.

C’mon Dave you knew what I meant. He’d have never have played in that game had we been healthy. I meant in the league.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #501 on: April 14, 2021, 11:25:11 PM »
With Young and Barry on the team sheet, it slightly resembles a recent Villa team.

Have to wonder what we'll do in the transfer market when we've got some real talent on the way through. No point in spending £20m on someone if it's going to block the pathway of a kid like Chukwuemeka or Ramsey.

This is why this summer is a rare one where I wouldn't mind seeing us grab an older player or 2 who comes in as first choice but with the plan to phase him out over a year or 2 to be replaced by one of them. Gives them someone to learn from as well if we get the right sort of player. The problem is I can't think of anyone who'd fill the role I think we need to look for who is the right age.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #502 on: April 15, 2021, 08:15:16 AM »
The F A Youth Cup was a joy to watch. Skill, talent. played in a good spirit and great goals. Barry's free kick would be shown again and again if it had been on a Sky game. It cost 22p a goal! The future is bright.    :D

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #503 on: April 15, 2021, 08:19:45 AM »

This is why this summer is a rare one where I wouldn't mind seeing us grab an older player or 2 who comes in as first choice but with the plan to phase him out over a year or 2 to be replaced by one of them. Gives them someone to learn from as well if we get the right sort of player. The problem is I can't think of anyone who'd fill the role I think we need to look for who is the right age.

James Milner

Offline jwarry

« Reply #504 on: April 15, 2021, 08:42:05 AM »
Watching the highlights Barry seems to play a left sided Jack role, so come on Dean give him his chance whilst JG is out

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #505 on: April 15, 2021, 02:14:10 PM »

Maybe a couple of Barkley-type loans (hopefully with more successful outcomes) for a year or two.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #506 on: April 15, 2021, 02:49:19 PM »

Maybe a couple of Barkley-type loans (hopefully with more successful outcomes) for a year or two.

The difficulty with loans is that getting players who are fit, in-form and experienced on loan is pretty hard to do because they're generally still valued by their parent club. We got Barkley because he wasn'tfit enough or in-form enough to get a look in at Chelsea and, bar a few early games, those problems have travelled with him. Every now and then a club will loan someone like that in and everything just works (us with Mings, West Ham with Lingard) but it's rare and after 2 fails with midfielders on loan I don't think we can risk a 3rd attempt.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #507 on: April 15, 2021, 03:47:55 PM »
Is that Marc Regan from BBC WM on comms for the highlights on Pravda?

Nice interview with Louie on the website. Comes across as a lovely fella.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #508 on: April 15, 2021, 04:14:43 PM »

That’s only good if we get the right sort of old head. Man Utd do this very well time and time again. We’ve got this so wrong and had some right stinkers over recent years.

But yes I do agree, the right player, or mentality more like can be so useful to a young side.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #509 on: April 15, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »

That’s only good if we get the right sort of old head. Man Utd do this very well time and time again. We’ve got this so wrong and had some right stinkers over recent years.

But yes I do agree, the right player, or mentality more like can be so useful to a young side.
Another vote for Milner from me. Knows the club. Can play and advise the youngsters in several positions. Wouldn’t expect to play every game (certainly full 90).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal