collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next season arrangements  (Read 5837 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Next season arrangements
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2020, 01:56:07 PM »
It all sounds shit. Just have the season behind closed doors and wait for a vaccine.

The problem is that might put some smaller clubs, such as Crewe, Burton or Small Heath, out of business. Obviously that wouldn’t be all bad news but for the ongoing strength of the game having 4 divisions is important.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2020, 02:56:30 PM »
It all sounds shit. Just have the season behind closed doors and wait for a vaccine.

The problem is that might put some smaller clubs, such as Crewe, Burton or Small Heath, out of business. Obviously that wouldn’t be all bad news but for the ongoing strength of the game having 4 divisions is important.

Exactly. I did hear the owner at Cheltenham talking before the play offs, so a few weeks ago now, and he said they could only go another one to two months without any income before they’d be in trouble. They’re pretty tightly run too, so I can’t imagine what it will be like for the ones that aren’t.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:13:49 PM by CT »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2020, 05:44:36 PM »
if they can't allow unfettered access to stadiums by October then they never will. Life has to start to return to normal and i say that as someone left shell shocked by the number of people who have died from Covid since March.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2020, 05:45:24 PM »
Imagine the social distancing in the Aston Social before the game...

Offline Chris Smith

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2020, 06:47:37 PM »
if they can't allow unfettered access to stadiums by October then they never will. Life has to start to return to normal and i say that as someone left shell shocked by the number of people who have died from Covid since March.

Without a vaccine isn’t that the sort of move which risks overwhelming the NHS over the winter?

Offline Chris Smith

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2020, 06:48:17 PM »

Rename it the Aston Antisocial.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2020, 06:53:43 PM »
Yes we need to return to a normal - but I think it could be done by a staggered approach under reviews - big bang will end up literally like a big bang

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2020, 07:04:01 PM »
"Project Restart" has proved that football no longer gives a monkeys about having fans at games!

Sadly,clubs will go to the wall but the powers that be really don't care about those clubs either!

Life has to return to normal whether people are scared or not. Life cannot continue like this!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2020, 07:39:21 PM »
Keep the  top level of the game closed for the season, it can survive with TV money.

Open up the grounds at the lower levels with necessary safety measures in place. Most clubs at lower levels only fill a fraction of the stadium.

With this being the only football being available to go and watch they could even finish up getting bigger attendances.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2020, 08:57:20 PM »

I doubt even Covid 19 could survive the heat generated by the Social.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2020, 11:21:38 AM »
"Project Restart" has proved that football no longer gives a monkeys about having fans at games!

Sadly,clubs will go to the wall but the powers that be really don't care about those clubs either!

Life has to return to normal whether people are scared or not. Life cannot continue like this!
No it hasn't.  It was about finishing the season for TV money and finishing the competitions.  However flawed the games have been, I still think most people will agree it was fairer than points per game or voiding the season.  It hasn't been anwhere near the disaster many predicted and as far as I'm aware it hasn't cost any lives.

But if anything, the restart has shown just how much the game needs the fans and the PL, TV companies and clubs will be desperate to get the fans back just as soon as they can. 

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2020, 11:23:45 AM »
Keep the  top level of the game closed for the season, it can survive with TV money.

Open up the grounds at the lower levels with necessary safety measures in place. Most clubs at lower levels only fill a fraction of the stadium.

With this being the only football being available to go and watch they could even finish up getting bigger attendances.

Why is it better to keep the top level games closed than allowing a third of fans in if it's safe to do so?  Yes the experience will be pretty crap, but there will be plenty of people who would like to go so why not?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2020, 01:53:34 PM »
Where do they propose people go for a piss?

Bring a bucket like Bielsa does to park his arse on.

Love it LOL

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2020, 04:57:08 PM »
for context, japan have been letting up to 5,000 fans into each j-league game since 2 weeks ago, and are due to go to half capacity from the 1st august.

the stadiums are between 15k and 72k capacity.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal