collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864491 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7425 on: September 21, 2020, 12:51:34 PM »
Central midfield is more of a priority.  I guarantee we'll all be saying it's not good enough very shortly.
Yep.  And if Luiz get's injured we'd be in huge trouble. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7426 on: September 21, 2020, 12:52:39 PM »
We cannot leave ourselves once again in a situation where we have young untested (at this level) forward as our only primary striker option. I would like for us to get someone else in of high quality to keep Ollie on his toes. And frankly, like Martinez comes along and is attainable, like a Tammy, we should act. Ollie shouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot. He should have to work for it to keep it or get it.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #7427 on: September 21, 2020, 12:55:35 PM »
Someone creating a fake twitter account of a sports journalist who covers midland football stories for a national newspaper. Arent there a few other more fun ways to pass the time ?

There are, but apparently they can cause you to go blind.

Ah, that's why I need glasses.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #7428 on: September 21, 2020, 12:56:05 PM »
Traore can play down the middle, and Davis is still here, so a winger and a central midfielder before a striker for me. Considering we have lost Drinkwater (I know he was shit) we are 1 light in there already, desperate for a bit of presence.

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #7429 on: September 21, 2020, 02:12:59 PM »
Traore can play down the middle, and Davis is still here, so a winger and a central midfielder before a striker for me. Considering we have lost Drinkwater (I know he was shit) we are 1 light in there already, desperate for a bit of presence.

I wonder if Dean thinks Ramsey can fill the Drinkwater spot

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7430 on: September 21, 2020, 02:13:06 PM »

Yeah I thought Traore could play down the middle as well.  If Samatta doesn't end up leaving and with Wesley to come back, then there probably are enough numbers wise, but there will be pressure on Watkins to be the main striker.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #7431 on: September 21, 2020, 02:20:19 PM »
So in case weren't aware here's some useful information
The deadline for transfer is the 5th October 11pm BUT!
The deadline for deals with EFL clubs is 16th October so we can still trade with clubs domestically. Not Premier league ones.
So maybe outgoings of loans as well as an incoming from Championship can be held fire till these later date and concentration on moves from premier league and overseas .

Interesting as there are a few players in championship who could be looking for moves after first few weeks of season .

Players at Bournemouth Brentford, Norwich , Watford keep eyes on.

Same with once we have squad sorted can shift out a few to EFL clubs
Thanks Footy, good info.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #7432 on: September 21, 2020, 02:33:03 PM »
The problem we have is that we overpay very average footballers, that is why we can never sell any for a decent fee

There is not a chance of us selling the likes of Taylor / Lansbury / Nyland / (the Croatian goal keeper) etc... before the end of their contracts - who else is going to pay them £30 - £40k a week - no club in the premier league or in Europe, we are stuck with them - and I don't blame them.

To be honest do we really think that they are bothered if they play or not?, as long as the pay goes into their bank each month that is all they are interested in.

I cant see the likes of Lansbury losing sleep worrying if he is going to play tonight?

As Dean said we just keep adding players to our squad, and this has to stop.

Nyland isn't on anywhere near that and will go I reckon. Kalinic might be tougher, we need him to play regularly and do well so someone actually wants him! Bit like Martinez did for Reading, maybe a championship loan might help him. Lansbury though - no chance of shifting him.

By the evidence of his performance v Burton, Lansbury used the recent break to get even more unfit and disinterested. We can file him under the likes of Nzogbia, Gabby and McCormack that hardly kicked a ball again once their Villa junket finished up.

Don't rate him much but Taylor should still be competent enough for most championship clubs. As it stands he's out only backup option at left back to arguably the worst player in our first eleven. Nyland and Kalinic had decent careers pre Villa so should have interest from Europe. Bar Lansbury I think most of our deadwood are solid enough pros capable of operating at a lower level or different league.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #7433 on: September 21, 2020, 02:41:17 PM »
This is proof why you shouldn't believe any of those Rashica Kiyotake 2.0 links.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #7434 on: September 21, 2020, 02:43:11 PM »
I'm reluctant to diagnose the reasons for players failing when we only get drips and drabs of information (maybe they are not lazy, just crap). But I think at this stage it's fair to say that Lansbury has underperformed in the championship and in a just good enough PL team, so the idea that he's going to contribute in a meaningful way to a mid table PL team is pretty unrealistic.

I was really disappointed in most of the fringe players against Burton. You'd think they'd be busting a gut to prove their worth with new signings coming in. As it goes Lansbury did look more bothered to me than others, he was just rubbish.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7435 on: September 21, 2020, 02:43:39 PM »
This is proof why you shouldn't believe any of those Rashica Kiyotake 2.0 links.

Ha ha, there needs to be more of this.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #7436 on: September 21, 2020, 02:53:30 PM »
It was always good when Dr Xia was here for this - any spurious links and he would quash them immediately

Maybe the only good thing about him  >:(

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7437 on: September 21, 2020, 02:57:18 PM »
COVID has done for us getting rid of most of our fringe players. If you're a championship side you're looking to sell with sod all income guaranteed, not take on the likes of Lansbury even on a free. We got lucky with Hogan as blose had the Bellingham money. Not that i think Lansbury would have agreed to move anyway...

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #7438 on: September 21, 2020, 03:12:26 PM »

Ha ha, there needs to be more of this.

Yep true, but can imagine the amount of time spent denying the bull shit that comes from ‘sky  understands’ 🤔😀

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #7439 on: September 21, 2020, 03:14:49 PM »
I wish you lot would lay off Sasa Curcic.  How many clubs can boast of a player voted Rookie Illusionist of the Year in BOTH Las Vegas and Reno Nevada?

Don't forget he also won the Serbian version of Celebrity Big Brother. 'Big Brother VIP Serbia'. Wasn't there also a story of him considering himself to be a real lothario/sex stud. He seems to fall into a category somewhere between "A bit of a character" and "Batshit Crazy".

I'm sure when he retired from football it was so he could spend his time making love to beautiful ladies instead, which is fair enough if you ask me.

And I've been to Croatia a few times, if the female population of Serbia is anything like theirs he was ridiculously spoiled for choice.
I'm in the fortunate position of being able to compare & contrast the two countries, and can confirm that this is the case.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal