collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 11:06:11 PM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[Today at 11:02:33 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 11:01:42 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 11:00:13 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864634 times)

Offline johnny from donny

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7350 on: September 20, 2020, 11:37:25 AM »
Just putting this out there, but Riqui Puig looks like he's out of the picture at Barcelona. 21yo central midfielder, played a dozen games in the first team last season (and 20-odd for Barcelona B). If he's available at a sane price, I'd be all over him.
The story I read was they wanted to loan him out

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #7351 on: September 20, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
Just seen the PL table.

We are comfortably mid-table, above Manure and not put a foot wrong yet!

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7352 on: September 20, 2020, 12:06:25 PM »
Riqui Puig and Mungo Bridge are the future.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #7353 on: September 20, 2020, 12:06:37 PM »
Watched the first 3 episodes of the Spurs thing on Amazon, Alli comes across as at least being able to string a sentence together compared to some of the others, and seems quite a nice kid. Going to United isn't going to solve his issues though, he needs a manager that is going to be making him the centre of the side.

Having watched a few 5 minute excerpts, I must have missed the bits where Alli managed to string a sentence together.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7354 on: September 20, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »
I think the priority now has to be a central midfielder.  We'll be starting with Hourihane, who despite his improvment after lockdown isn't really good enough to start every week, and after that we're into the likes of Nakamba and Lansbury, neither of whom are nearly good enough.

I agree.  We  need a solid option to go alongside Luiz and allow McGinn to push further forward.  A better version of Nakamba.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #7355 on: September 20, 2020, 12:32:56 PM »
Just putting this out there, but Riqui Puig looks like he's out of the picture at Barcelona. 21yo central midfielder, played a dozen games in the first team last season (and 20-odd for Barcelona B). If he's available at a sane price, I'd be all over him.
The story I read was they wanted to loan him out
They're our feeder club - they earnt that right when they managed to keep us down to only beating them 3-0. They can retire his shirt number now that he's finally going to get a move to a big club.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7356 on: September 20, 2020, 01:37:42 PM »
MOTD did a piece on how effective McCarthy and McArther were for Palace yesterday. There's going to be games where we will need 2 midfielders to do a similar job. Luiz stepped up after lockdown to show he could be one but in terms of defensive midfielders, there's only Nakamba who could be the other. If we don't think he can do that job, we need an upgrade.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #7357 on: September 20, 2020, 02:14:57 PM »
Riqui Puig and Mungo Bridge are the future.
On CBeebies?

Offline Villan82

« Reply #7358 on: September 20, 2020, 02:17:10 PM »
I was hoping we would sign somebody like James McCarthy to add a bit of experience to the squad.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7359 on: September 20, 2020, 03:35:41 PM »
Tell you who I did like though, and didn't expect to - Harry Winks. Came across as a nice, down-to-earth kid in the bits about him playing his way up through the ranks at the club, getting an international cap and taking part in the community scheme at the care home. Shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad mind, but that's not his fault.

For me the bit that told the actual truths rather than acted up bits was the way Mourinho talks to the medical staff....he comes across as a throughly obnoxious arse

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7360 on: September 20, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »
I think the priority now has to be a central midfielder.  We'll be starting with Hourihane, who despite his improvment after lockdown isn't really good enough to start every week, and after that we're into the likes of Nakamba and Lansbury, neither of whom are nearly good enough.

Wonder if PSG would like to sell us Idrissa Gueye? I can but dream :-) The way they keep changing the squad he’s sure to be out of favour soon

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7361 on: September 20, 2020, 03:43:51 PM »

Hourihane's still a decent squad player. I agree he shouldn't be starting 25 games a season but thought he showed last year he can make an impact in a short spell of games e.g. backend of the season where he did the job required.

I would imagine we'll alternate betweeen Jack playing out wide and inside in a central 3 depending on the opposition e.g. he'll start out wide v the top 6.

So we have really first choice trio of him-McGinn-Luiz and then Hourihane, Nakamba and young Ramsey as back up options. Think we can survive without a new CM until January unless Luiz has totally forgotten how to play the holding midfield role in 5 weeks. He was outstanding in that area for the last 10 games.

Would say another CB is a more pressing need given Engels seems to be in exile again. 3 CBs isn't enough as Mings could get another hamstring injury and we're still pretty average at defending crosses and set pieces. Odd we haven't really been linked to anyone in that area so could well be a last minute deadline day move if someone decent becomes available.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #7362 on: September 20, 2020, 03:44:02 PM »

Wonder if PSG would like to sell us Idrissa Gueye? I can but dream :-) The way they keep changing the squad he’s sure to be out of favour soon

Ah, if we're dreaming, I'd take Kante from Chelsea - they surely need to recoup some cash somewhere along the line and I've seen him linked with a move away a couple of times.

Kante with McGinn and Luiz ahead of him, Jack plus Traore or Rashica wide, either Watkins or Eduoard in the middle. Shakespeare must know him well, c'mon Craig - get it sorted.

* Yes, I do realise there is no chance of this happening before it's pointed out but it's nice to imagine!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7363 on: September 20, 2020, 03:46:13 PM »
Milivojevic would be a good pick up imo. Was on the bench for Palace yesterday so not sure whether he's carrying an injury or out of favour but he's a proven premier league DM who I imagine they'd sell for 15m.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7364 on: September 20, 2020, 03:48:52 PM »
Tell you who I did like though, and didn't expect to - Harry Winks. Came across as a nice, down-to-earth kid in the bits about him playing his way up through the ranks at the club, getting an international cap and taking part in the community scheme at the care home. Shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad mind, but that's not his fault.
Funny, I was thinking this morning that Winks would be a good addition alongside Luiz. He's also a mate of our Jack as well, I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal