collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864280 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2385 on: August 13, 2020, 11:20:22 PM »
I thought he was the one who was in Boyzone and then ended up in Coronation Street.

Keith. Shane Lynch was the other one.

Offline dave17

« Reply #2386 on: August 14, 2020, 05:50:29 AM »
If we sign S Duffy can we call him Tin Tin and sing 'Kiss Me' to him?
I’d leave Brighton to stew as they want to keep white who was brilliant for Leeds.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #2387 on: August 14, 2020, 07:11:23 AM »
Brentford to target winger Robin Hack of FC Nurnburg, if Benrahma is sold.

Buy Robin Hack before they do (given that they hardly ever sign a dud).

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2388 on: August 14, 2020, 07:43:06 AM »
I suspect there's little truth in the rumour but I wouldn't say no to Cantwell

Get Cantwell and if we can keep Jack gives us 2 creative players going forward, personally I think we are yet to see the best from Cantwell, could be a very decent signing.
Hope we do sign Cantwell. It'd be a good move for him (stay in the PL, lots of games, bit of a chance to shine) and for us (take pressure/focus off Jack). It could propel both of them in to the England set up, if we get the right people around them.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2389 on: August 14, 2020, 08:42:49 AM »
I think Cantwell and Watkins would be excellent signings.  I'm happy to start with Konsa and Mings, but we were crying out for a no nonsense stopper like Duffy at times last season and I'm sure he would have improved our squad.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #2390 on: August 14, 2020, 09:08:29 AM »
Are we giving up completely on Engles?

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2391 on: August 14, 2020, 09:13:50 AM »
I was wondering this. He had a poor spell but I thought he was better than Konsa and still could be. May be his attitude that is the issue.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2392 on: August 14, 2020, 09:27:05 AM »

It’s not if we have it more whether Dean has.  There seemed to be something other than injuries for why he wasn’t used a lot after Christmas tho he did play at Wembley so who knows

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2393 on: August 14, 2020, 09:43:46 AM »

I believe in Engles. Something good in everything I see. I have a dream.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #2394 on: August 14, 2020, 09:47:14 AM »
Was speaking to a Bremen season ticket holder earlier on. Really rates Rashica and said he thought (the thoroughly despised) Leipzig was effectively a done deal a while ago. He was resigned to losing him and tho he wanted him to stay, says he was effectively too good for them and is their main saleable asset.
Said Bremen would get more money from an English club and it would help them as they needed to dismantle their squad, get rid of some of the shite they have and build again. Pretty happy if he goes to Villa rather than another German club. Said we'd be getting a very good player.

18 goals in 63 games, thought we’d strive for better than that .....we’ve already got a few very good players but need seasoned goal scorers

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2395 on: August 14, 2020, 09:48:33 AM »
Was speaking to a Bremen season ticket holder earlier on. Really rates Rashica and said he thought (the thoroughly despised) Leipzig was effectively a done deal a while ago. He was resigned to losing him and tho he wanted him to stay, says he was effectively too good for them and is their main saleable asset.
Said Bremen would get more money from an English club and it would help them as they needed to dismantle their squad, get rid of some of the shite they have and build again. Pretty happy if he goes to Villa rather than another German club. Said we'd be getting a very good player.

18 goals in 63 games, thought we’d strive for better than that .....we’ve already got a few very good players but need seasoned goal scorers

But he's not a striker, he's a winger.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2396 on: August 14, 2020, 09:48:55 AM »

I’m sure you were told the other day that he’s not a centre forward, he’s a winger/midfielder.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2397 on: August 14, 2020, 09:49:33 AM »
1 in 3 for a winger, playing for a struggling side in one of the best leagues in Europe is very good!

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #2398 on: August 14, 2020, 09:51:10 AM »
I thought I’d ask why were being linked with Milot Rashica as I can only see poor goal scoring ratio around 1 every 5 games ... thought we’d wAnt better than this ?
Sorry to disrupt ur convo everyone

No idea what stats you're looking at there Daz....in 18/19 he scored 9 Bundesliga goals and 3 more in the cup. They only play 34 games in their season. Last season he started with 9 goals in his first 13 league and cup games (scored v Leverkusen, Dortmund and Bayern Munich) before the goals dried up afterwards.

Still has close to a 1 in 3 scoring record in a top 4 euro league which here would make him comfortably our top scorer.

I was going to make that point myself. A one in three goalscorer in a top class European League is not to be sniffed at. He is an ideal age too at 24.
Take both ur points , just added up his stats from wiki

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #2399 on: August 14, 2020, 09:51:35 AM »

I’m sure you were told the other day that he’s not a centre forward, he’s a winger/midfielder.

“He’s not the messiah, he’s a winger/midfielder” . To misquote, someone had to do it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal