collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:27:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864236 times)

Offline WilliamStanding

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2325 on: August 13, 2020, 01:38:05 PM »
Rate Cantwell massively.

Think he would be great cover if Jack picks up a knock or add to the attacking play.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2326 on: August 13, 2020, 01:43:07 PM »
Would be really good to have 2-3 game turning options off the bench next season. I really can't remember the last time we had a squad where someone could come off the bench and get a goal on a regular basis.

Not everyone we sign has to be straight away a first team regular. I do suspect though we'll sign a long term Grealish replacement this summer and that could well be Rashica.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2327 on: August 13, 2020, 01:45:26 PM »
You can't be going around the place calling yourself Todd though.

Means 'death' in German and makes me think of that chubby Australian with a rubbish beard off Neighbours.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #2328 on: August 13, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »
Would be really good to have 2-3 game turning options off the bench next season. I really can't remember the last time we had a squad where someone could come off the bench and get a goal on a regular basis.

Not everyone we sign has to be straight away a first team regular. I do suspect though we'll sign a long term Grealish replacement this summer and that could well be Rashica.

I really can't remember the last time we had a squad where someone could get a goal on a regular basis.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2329 on: August 13, 2020, 02:01:57 PM »

I really can't remember the last time we had a squad where someone could get a goal on a regular basis.

It was 15 monghs ago.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2330 on: August 13, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »
Shane Duffy available on loan. Celtic, West Ham, West Brom and Burnley interested.

I'd take him tbh. Experienced and we need someone like that alongside Mings since Chester couldn't start games any longer.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2331 on: August 13, 2020, 02:22:04 PM »
So, is everyone happy with our full/wing backs?
I'm not

No, our left back options Targett and Taylor are arguably the weakest in the division. Targett is a lot better on the ball but is a woeful defender. Opposition tactics tended to involve trying to isolate him one on one at every opportunity, Sheff Utd away or Chelsea at home come to mind. Taylor tries hard but was average in the championship and nowhere near up to this standard. We need far better at left back.

Elmo is a great pro for us but I don't think we should be standing in his way if he wanted to leave. Guilbert has a lot of potential, Konsa I guess is an option there to an extent. We might have enough cover at right back.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2332 on: August 13, 2020, 02:23:52 PM »
Shane Duffy available on loan. Celtic, West Ham, West Brom and Burnley interested.

I'd take him tbh. Experienced and we need someone like that alongside Mings since Chester couldn't start games any longer.

Milk turns quicker....avoid. Smith wants a ball player at the back too which is the reason Duffy lost his spot at Brighton.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2333 on: August 13, 2020, 02:43:23 PM »

Milk turns quicker....avoid. Smith wants a ball player at the back too which is the reason Duffy lost his spot at Brighton.

Surely all the goals we concede from crosses is more of a concern to correct? Even in the improved run at the end of the season we let in 5ft 7 in Theo Walcott ghost in at the back post to head in.

Getting in an aerially dominant CB alongside Mings should be a target for this summer. Duffy is much better than Hause for a start if we're on about ball playing CBs.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #2334 on: August 13, 2020, 02:44:28 PM »
Rashica looks tasty.  Pace and can hit the ball.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2335 on: August 13, 2020, 02:46:55 PM »
Rashica, Cantwell, Watkins - all yes please. Still think it leaves us a striker light but if Samatta stays and Wesley is fit, the extra creativity might help.

If Jack does go, you need another wide option and a central midfielder on top of the above.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2336 on: August 13, 2020, 02:47:51 PM »
Buendia's stats from last season are impressive, and I suspect he will be less expensive than Cantwell. The latter will end up at Spurs or Arsenal (just my guess; no ITK there).

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2337 on: August 13, 2020, 02:56:39 PM »
To be fair of the 2 I would be happy to have either, but I do like the way Cantwell wants to drive forward all the time. Both would improve our squad.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2338 on: August 13, 2020, 03:01:53 PM »

Not for me, but would be good for Celtic.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2339 on: August 13, 2020, 03:03:22 PM »
Buendia's stats from last season are impressive, and I suspect he will be less expensive than Cantwell. The latter will end up at Spurs or Arsenal (just my guess; no ITK there).

Hope not, plus his name wouldn't sound great in a Cockney accent.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal