collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:22:41 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 09:22:04 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 09:21:54 PM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Bad English
[Today at 09:20:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 09:19:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by London Villan
[Today at 09:19:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:18:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 874527 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2190 on: August 12, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »
I would like to see us sign two out and out strikers. Not a Jared Bowen type. We have attacking midfielders, we have attacking wide players, we have false number nine types. We need a couple of out and out strikers/goalscorers even if they do seem to be classed as old fashioned these days. A Tammy Abraham type who might not score a single goal all season from long range but who will stick plenty of goals in from close range.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2191 on: August 12, 2020, 05:06:47 PM »
We need an out and out striker, but we absolutely need a pacy forward type as well.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2192 on: August 12, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »
A quick question for people who understand The Kids: I saw a tweet from someone pretending to be 'ITK' saying that Watkins has signed. It's obviously nonsense. Some of the replies are asking for the OP's source, but are spelling it 'sauce'. Do these people not know that the word is 'source', or is it a piece of genius banter that I don't understand because I'm 42?

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #2193 on: August 12, 2020, 06:12:03 PM »
A quick question for people who understand The Kids: I saw a tweet from someone pretending to be 'ITK' saying that Watkins has signed. It's obviously nonsense. Some of the replies are asking for the OP's source, but are spelling it 'sauce'. Do these people not know that the word is 'source', or is it a piece of genius banter that I don't understand because I'm 42?

It's an acknowledgement that the story is bullshit and they know it but are also in on the 'joke' with the OP.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2194 on: August 12, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »

It's an acknowledgement that the story is bullshit and they know it but are also in on the 'joke' with the OP.

Thank you. I hate The Kids.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #2195 on: August 12, 2020, 06:13:19 PM »

OP’s sauce is the great British source.

Online Stu

« Reply #2196 on: August 12, 2020, 06:17:45 PM »

Sexual. When you first joined this forum, was it solely due to being a Villa fan or did you view it as a potential mine for a stand up routine? Genuine question, I've been wondering about this for ages but forget to ask.

A little from column a, a little from column b?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2197 on: August 12, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »

Sexual. When you first joined this forum, was it solely due to being a Villa fan or did you view it as a potential mine for a stand up routine? Genuine question, I've been wondering about this for ages but forget to ask.

A little from column a, a little from column b?

Purely Villa. Never had any material about football. My presence on this site does come up in a humorous way when my partner tells people quite how long I spend on here. She refers to it generally as me spending time with my 'internet boyfriends'.

Online Stu

« Reply #2198 on: August 12, 2020, 06:30:38 PM »
Yeah, but you found out how to bleed the radiators and sort the boiler.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2199 on: August 12, 2020, 06:34:57 PM »
Fucking right. My air-con is currently on the blink but I thought that might be a bit decadent for the denizens of Off Topic.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2200 on: August 12, 2020, 06:42:33 PM »
I don't want us to take a chance when it comes to a goalscorer. We've just barely survived what can happen if misfortune strikes, I'd rather we didn't shorten fate's odds.

I hope you have a few bob to throw into the kitty then cos what you're talking about will likely cost us close to £50m.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2201 on: August 12, 2020, 06:45:15 PM »
That's the market we should be in. If we sign a player for around £20 million, same as we did last year, how are we making the step up? If we replace like for like we will be in a relegation battle again.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2202 on: August 12, 2020, 06:57:56 PM »
That's the market we should be in. If we sign a player for around £20 million, same as we did last year, how are we making the step up? If we replace like for like we will be in a relegation battle again.
I agree. Daft as it is, £40m is the going rate for a good-but-not-exceptional player. £20m buys you a gamble.

Online garyellis

« Reply #2203 on: August 12, 2020, 07:44:36 PM »
What about Batshuayi?
In last year of his contract and not fancied by Lamplard.
Probably a similar price to Watkins but much higher wages
He does have the premier league experience badge.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2204 on: August 12, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
What about Batshuayi?
In last year of his contract and not fancied by Lamplard.
Probably a similar price to Watkins but much higher wages
He does have the premier league experience badge.
But he is crap

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal