collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864311 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1950 on: August 09, 2020, 12:59:00 PM »
wrong Wilson - Callum not Harry.

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #1951 on: August 09, 2020, 01:06:00 PM »

My apologies...

Can someone call me a taxi

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1952 on: August 09, 2020, 01:29:15 PM »

My apologies...

Can someone call me a taxi
You effin' taxi!

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1953 on: August 09, 2020, 02:26:40 PM »
also doing the speculation rounds a part ex deal for Wilson from Bournemouth plus Hogan. Yes, it's the season to be silly.

is this the Bournemouth equivalent of Charlie dumping Diana for Camila

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1954 on: August 09, 2020, 03:33:56 PM »
Declan Rice is the player you describe as “he puts in a shift” but generally in doing so achieves the square root of fuck all. If he was Finland or the Faroes and not English he’d be playing in the Azerbaijan Premier League.

He’s getting regular outings for the national side so he must be achieving better than the square root of FA.

Is that the true measure of talent? He’s just a good player, nothing more. Generally nondescript. I don’t dislike him but would you have him over McGinn or Luiz in our midfield; two players that cost a combined £18m vs Rice who will cost any team that buys him £50m+

Now I really rate Declan Rice and think he’s the best English DM. All about opinions innit?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 03:37:16 PM by Dave P »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1955 on: August 09, 2020, 03:42:54 PM »
Declan Rice is the player you describe as “he puts in a shift” but generally in doing so achieves the square root of fuck all. If he was Finland or the Faroes and not English he’d be playing in the Azerbaijan Premier League.

He’s getting regular outings for the national side so he must be achieving better than the square root of FA.

Is that the true measure of talent? He’s just a good player, nothing more. Generally nondescript. I don’t dislike him but would you have him over McGinn or Luiz in our midfield; two players that cost a combined £18m vs Rice who will cost any team that buys him £50m+

Now I really rate Declan Rice and think he’s the best English DM. All about opinions innit?

I reckon if we had Rice sitting deep as a defensive midfielder Grealish, McGinn and Luiz would have the freedom to tear the opposition a new one.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1956 on: August 09, 2020, 03:46:41 PM »
Pretty sure Chelsea want to sign Rice and play him at CB.

I thought he played well in the 0-0 at VP.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1957 on: August 09, 2020, 03:57:36 PM »
Callum Wilson.
A Coventry lad and will know the area, so shouldn't have too much trouble settling in.
However he's done his cruciates in both knees whilst at Bournemouth, so the medical will be interesting and could affect his price.
On the plus side, he's experienced at age 28 and his  goals per game stars for Bournemout in the Prem are pretty good. If we can bring him in for less than £8m net, on a swap deal involving Scott Hogan then I think he's worth signing.

Think Wilson would be a decent signing, but his injury history would be a worry.  Last thing we need is another big earner who spends most of his time on the treatment table. 

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1958 on: August 09, 2020, 05:19:40 PM »
I'm not sure why we're talking about Rice as there's no chance he'd come to us.  I'm amazed that some people think he's shit, he's going to have a great career at a top club.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1959 on: August 09, 2020, 05:56:56 PM »
I've always rated Wilson but think this is probably a bit of fantasy. With the parachute payment and £40m for Ake in their pocket they don't need to look at cut price deals.

And why would anyone look at Hogan and think he was worth a punt

I read that Bournemouth still owe £81m in transfer payments so if that is true they may be looking to sell a few more players.

The drop off in income is going to hit them hard you would think, I can see them being in real trouble in the next couple of years.

Yes, with a ground capacity of only 11,300 they've been wholly reliant on the Premier League gravy train. Even with a few parachute payments, players on big money will be sold particularly if the owe millions on players bought. They will really struggle even with a reduced wage bill.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1960 on: August 09, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »
I repeat:
I believe that Bournemouth were one of the (11, I think?) PL clubs that were unreliant on any matchday income whatsoever. They'd no need of the ground they were in, let alone a bigger one.

In June 2109 their accounts stated that they had a wage bill of £111 million against an income of £130 million, with around 4% of that from ticket sales

They owed £76 million in transfer payment instalments and had the fourth highest paid director in the Premier League.

They averaged around 800 empty seats per match. This season their highest gate pre-lockdown was 10,832.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1961 on: August 09, 2020, 06:32:20 PM »
It’s funny I’d sort of decided that teams like Bournemouth, by cementing their place in the PL while we were out of it, had pushed us down the financial pecking order. But actually, so much of the money gets washed out in player costs, most teams are one relegation away from potential free fall.

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1962 on: August 09, 2020, 07:06:05 PM »
Bournemouth are in deep trouble. They haven't improved the ground or academy (still level 3). Financially nothing is sustainable so I think they will go down to Div 1.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1963 on: August 09, 2020, 09:56:16 PM »

It is Dave. It’s not that I don’t rate him. It’s more that I don’t see the fuss and I think much of the fuss is his nationality. Now he’s young, he can and will improve. He appears dedicated so I can and likely will change my opinion. Just the games I’ve seen him in he hasn’t stood out and all of a sudden he’s a £60m player.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1964 on: August 09, 2020, 09:59:20 PM »
My Hammers mate raves about this fella and sees their next season survival battle relying on him staying. Very much like we do with our Jack, but completely different players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal