collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Kits 23/24 by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 10:45:38 AM]

FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:27:04 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Kits 23/24 by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 10:45:38 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 10:42:46 AM]

Re: FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:27:04 AM]

Re: FFP by Simon Page
[Today at 10:26:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:26:05 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Simon Page
[Today at 10:20:43 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 10:19:14 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 862010 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1395 on: August 04, 2020, 06:11:10 PM »
I'd also definitely be looking at Edouard at Celtic, no idea what kind of money they would expect but surely will be a lot less than trying to get Tammy back - I think if he spend a lot of time sitting on the bench at Chelsea then we could go back for him in the new year or next summer.

Seen £30m mentioned in a couple of newspaper articles. I think he's a really good shout and should be gettable. Good lineage coming from PSG, 40 goals in 60 games for Celtic (I know it's only a tinpot league but still good going), has played for all the French age group squads and still only 22.
The hot money is on Leicester to land Edouard.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1396 on: August 04, 2020, 06:16:56 PM »
I'd also definitely be looking at Edouard at Celtic, no idea what kind of money they would expect but surely will be a lot less than trying to get Tammy back - I think if he spend a lot of time sitting on the bench at Chelsea then we could go back for him in the new year or next summer.

Seen £30m mentioned in a couple of newspaper articles. I think he's a really good shout and should be gettable. Good lineage coming from PSG, 40 goals in 60 games for Celtic (I know it's only a tinpot league but still good going), has played for all the French age group squads and still only 22.

Then we should definitely go after him, offer him more cash and irritate Rodgers again like we did when we beat him to McGinn.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1397 on: August 04, 2020, 06:17:00 PM »
If they did get him I wonder f they'd entertain letting Vardy leave.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1398 on: August 04, 2020, 07:05:56 PM »
Iheanacho will be the one to go if they get him. And I would take Iheanacho like a shot. Miles better than our lot.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1399 on: August 04, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »
I’d take Watkins as our centre forward. Guess he will go if they don’t win tonight.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1400 on: August 04, 2020, 07:36:49 PM »

Is Leicester still in lockdown? If we get our skates on we could get him signed before Rodgers can even leave his house

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1401 on: August 04, 2020, 07:49:58 PM »
No to Hendrick.

He makes Drinkwater look like Zidane with the ball at his feet. 

Fine if you're looking to play the Burnleh way and want midfielders who will primarily get up and down the pitch and hack the ball away under pressure. We should be looking for a bit more, even from players coming off the bench.

Nathaniel Chalobah at Watford was highly rated when he was breaking through at Chelsea a few years ago. Still only 25 and -providing the fee wasn't mental - still something to work with. Extra height in midfield would aid some of our shortcomings at set pieces and he's fiesty enough when it comes to tackling.

Chalobah is closer to what I'd want for a squad filler signing than people like Hendricks and McCarthy.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1402 on: August 04, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »
They're really trying to revolutionise the academy. Hoovering up a lot of very highly rated young players.

I wonder of the aim is the do a bit of a Chelsea?

I agree with you about hoovering up the quality but hope that we are sufficiently improved, coaching wise, to make real stars of those players we've recently signed.  We do look like we mean business!

We've pinched quite a few staff from the Stripey Filth  who have a decent academy. Hopefully Lange will help continue the structural side of things as what I don't think we're very good at is when players hit that 17-18 in getting game time. That's when loans need to happen. Grealish is the player he is, in part, thanks to the education and minutes he got at Notts County.

Lets hope we develop a good culture, bring these kids through with game time and some make the grade and others make us a profit.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1403 on: August 04, 2020, 08:03:46 PM »
Iheanacho will be the one to go if they get him. And I would take Iheanacho like a shot. Miles better than our lot.

Now that is damning with faint praise right there!

Online paul_e

« Reply #1404 on: August 04, 2020, 08:18:24 PM »
They're really trying to revolutionise the academy. Hoovering up a lot of very highly rated young players.

I wonder of the aim is the do a bit of a Chelsea?

I agree with you about hoovering up the quality but hope that we are sufficiently improved, coaching wise, to make real stars of those players we've recently signed.  We do look like we mean business!

We've pinched quite a few staff from the Stripey Filth  who have a decent academy. Hopefully Lange will help continue the structural side of things as what I don't think we're very good at is when players hit that 17-18 in getting game time. That's when loans need to happen. Grealish is the player he is, in part, thanks to the education and minutes he got at Notts County.

Lets hope we develop a good culture, bring these kids through with game time and some make the grade and others make us a profit.

I'd have someone in the academy structure whose job is to do that bit, find clubs for players in the window and then work with those clubs during the season to make sure everything is working out.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1405 on: August 04, 2020, 08:25:23 PM »
Watching the playoff final I'm not impressed by Benrahma so far. Watkins on the other hand seems to be well used to being completely on his own up front so he'd fit in well with us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1406 on: August 04, 2020, 08:33:35 PM »
Justin Kluivert hasn't played much at Roma this season. Was very highly rated at Ajax 2-3 years ago (not just because of who his Dad is) so perhaps that could be a loan option? Only 21 and can play upfront or out wide so that's the type we need in final third.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1407 on: August 04, 2020, 08:38:27 PM »
Watching the playoff final I'm not impressed by Benrahma so far. Watkins on the other hand seems to be well used to being completely on his own up front so he'd fit in well with us.

I rate Benrahma but recently I think Watkins has been performing better than Benrahma.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1408 on: August 04, 2020, 08:49:20 PM »
Justin Kluivert hasn't played much at Roma this season. Was very highly rated at Ajax 2-3 years ago (not just because of who his Dad is) so perhaps that could be a loan option? Only 21 and can play upfront or out wide so that's the type we need in final third.

I'd love for us to make a stand out winger signing like this, Kluivert, Leon Bailey, David Neres.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1409 on: August 04, 2020, 09:10:00 PM »

I'd go for that, he's exactly the sort of player I want us to add as a wide option.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal