collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864314 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2020, 08:07:08 PM »
80-100 million if we stay up will still be a massive spend on 3-4 players. The right ones and we will be easily mid table.

If we drop, then 40 has to stretch to 6/7 players realistic, or we are keeping hold of more than we think. We need to be smart and get a couple of good loans too. Leeds got that White, Albion a quick winner from West Ham and both have been excellent. We need to do similar.

If the centre back is Axel then happy days, he's a quality defender and would be good in both divisions next season, but more importantly could slot in next to Hause and Konsa in the Championship with total ease.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #361 on: July 16, 2020, 12:20:25 AM »
Axel?

I put 2 and 2 together and came up with him.

Someone asked about the medical and it was last week apparently not Jan. He said last Thursday which is again how axel popped straight back into my head.

As for the figures being low he said the key word is sustainability and that he feels Smith is only here because the other managers we are interested see the budgets as to low

If it is Tuanzebe, then what does it say for the two RCBs we signed last summer, namely Konsa and Engels? Both defenders Smith knew a lot about beforehand given he used to manage Konsa and tried to sign Engels previously. We hardly saw Engels again after Shane Long destroyed him around Xmas time. Decent defender he looked early on but lack of pace a real problem. Konsa, I don't see it at all really. Physically soft and a horrid ball watching habit.

Where Tuanzebe was handy was his recovery pace was excellent and also he was comfortable stepping into midfield with the ball. Decidedly average at the other aspects of centre half play I thought, beaten in the air regularly and very suspect positional sense. Mings provided the ballast next to him I guess so it worked well, with a solid keeper in Steer behind them. Likes of Elmo and Taylor, while average didn't have to do much more than be stoppers at full back so as a unit it was solid.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #362 on: July 16, 2020, 09:02:54 AM »
very injury prone.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #363 on: July 16, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »
Tuanzebe hasn't pushed on, he never plays and if we stay up I'd hope we get better.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #364 on: July 16, 2020, 01:29:21 PM »
Not worth more than a few million.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #365 on: July 16, 2020, 02:04:51 PM »
Tuanzebe hasn't pushed on, he never plays and if we stay up I'd hope we get better.

If we stay up then we really need an experienced centre half who will get Mings in line as well.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #366 on: July 16, 2020, 02:12:19 PM »

If we stay up then we really need an experienced centre half who will get Mings in line as well.

Not a chance in hell Tyrone will be here next season, regardless of whether we drop or not.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #367 on: July 16, 2020, 02:22:24 PM »

Not a chance in hell Tyrone will be here next season, regardless of whether we drop or not.
Why do you say that?  If we stay up I absolutely expect him to stay and probably be made captain.

Online CT

« Reply #368 on: July 16, 2020, 02:32:28 PM »

Why do you say that?  If we stay up I absolutely expect him to stay and probably be made captain.

For me, his overall attitude. It’s completely different to how it once was. At one point, he was an exceptional leader, he certainly isn’t now. England changed him, as regards playing for us,  he’s also now part of some big US Sports Management company.

I’m sure they’ll be looking to get him moved somewhere bigger to expand their brand.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2020, 02:48:57 PM »
Expand their brand?  He plays for England.  If we stay up, Mings stays at villa.  No doubts at all.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #370 on: July 16, 2020, 03:07:09 PM »
Yeah, that is nonsense. Unless we go down or someone offers, at least, £50 million, he will be at Villa next season.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #371 on: July 16, 2020, 03:08:44 PM »
£50 million my arse!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #372 on: July 16, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »
Well, exactly. I wasn't saying anyone would be paying it. That's why he won't be going anywhere.

If we stay up, anyhow.

Online CT

« Reply #373 on: July 16, 2020, 04:23:26 PM »
Expand their brand?  He plays for England.  If we stay up, Mings stays at villa.  No doubts at all.

Meaning his club, not his country. Nonsense? We'll see.

Offline frank black

« Reply #374 on: July 16, 2020, 04:36:47 PM »
Mings won’t go if we stay up. Wouldn’t see anyone paying a big enough fee.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal