collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by aj2k77
[Today at 02:00:12 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Pete3206
[Today at 01:38:56 AM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:30:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheff United Post Match Thread  (Read 24445 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Sheff United Post Match Thread
« Reply #315 on: June 19, 2020, 08:51:00 PM »
Roy Keane can go fuck himself.

I think he was spot on! A distinct lack of urgency all round, particularly from our star ‘all ready leaving’ player.
My mum pointed out that he hadn’t broken sweat.
I'm sorry but i disagree. I thought he put in his usual shift of drawing fouls, linking play and ghosting past good players like they're not there. And his driving run in the second half followed by a sublime defence splitting pass was pure class. People are expexting him to shit a golden nugget every game if not they say he had a quiet game. The old saying "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" will apply to a lot of our fans when he leaves.
I’m not saying we won’t miss him! Christ, he’s irreplaceable! My point was that I agreed with Keanes comments about him laughing and smiling. I also saw a lack urgency from him and the other players. Bollocks to ‘it’s the first game back’! Indeed it is the first game and back and it was the most important. As it turns out, we missed out on a huge two points to a very below par Sheffield Utd side.

What a bastard, how fucking dare he enjoy his first game in 3 months!
This made me laugh 😂😂

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #316 on: June 19, 2020, 08:55:53 PM »
Roy Keane can go fuck himself.

I think he was spot on! A distinct lack of urgency all round, particularly from our star ‘all ready leaving’ player.
My mum pointed out that he hadn’t broken sweat.
I'm sorry but i disagree. I thought he put in his usual shift of drawing fouls, linking play and ghosting past good players like they're not there. And his driving run in the second half followed by a sublime defence splitting pass was pure class. People are expexting him to shit a golden nugget every game if not they say he had a quiet game. The old saying "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" will apply to a lot of our fans when he leaves.
I’m not saying we won’t miss him! Christ, he’s irreplaceable! My point was that I agreed with Keanes comments about him laughing and smiling. I also saw a lack urgency from him and the other players. Bollocks to ‘it’s the first game back’! Indeed it is the first game and back and it was the most important. As it turns out, we missed out on a huge two points to a very below par Sheffield Utd side.

What a bastard, how fucking dare he enjoy his first game in 3 months!
This made me laugh 😂😂

Hopefully he’ll be laughing and smiling after we’ve picked up 3 points against Chelsea on Sunday. 

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2020, 01:13:56 AM »
Roy Keane is on SKY to sum up the Norwich v Southampton game. When asked about his thoughts on the Villa v Sheff U game he said "Villa looked like they were just going through the motions". He went on to say they didn't  seem to realise the urgency of their relegation predicament.

This is another bit of the prevailing narrative that is starting to piss me off. Villa played pretty well the other night, better than a team vying for Champions League football. The fact we weren’t 100% sharp or fit is hardly surprising. You can’t just switch it on at will, especially having not played for 3 months. In fact anybody who has the slightest clue about Villa would note the level of defensive discipline and retention of shape was a sign of real effort.

Sheffield United while well organised defensively are a very average side. They hardly had a shot all game and were more than happy to play for a point. Let's not overestimate how good they are. Their front two, McBurnie and Sharp, are championship standard forwards and provided zero threat.

I thought it looked inevitable we would score in that spell after half time but Smith's changes didn't help matters at all while Sheff Utds duo help them wrest back some bit of control. I was worried when I saw our midfield three but we broke even at least in there.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2020, 11:55:14 PM »
Out of interest, has anyone read anything at all in the national media about the two penalties we could have had against the Blades, that were not even reviewed under VAR for some reason?

The shower of bastards took over three minutes to award a dubious pen to Spuds when we played them, so I wondered where the consistency of the rules had gone.

Unless, of course, the rule is simply "F*ck Villa."

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2020, 04:26:07 AM »
And on that Chelsea Thread should be up ?!
Can we have it soon please game is on Sunday

Then it's onto Newacstle- Monday evening /Tuesday morning ?
Let's keep on top of things here shall we !

Thick and fast these matches now so have to be up to date !

Can't you start a thread, Footy?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal