collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Memory Lane  (Read 9198 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Memory Lane
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2020, 09:15:48 AM »
I’ve been going down since early 80s as a little kid, highs and lows in that time, but that run last season was the most enjoyable and exiting time, maybe as I experienced it with my own kids. Saying that I went to Wednesday away without the kids, what a great day.

Funny really, but only started really appreciating how stressful this season has been when it stopped. I love football and I love the villa more, but really haven’t missed it as much as I thought. The anxiety started as soon as I heard about the sheff Utd game😂 once it the day gets nearer though...we go again!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2020, 05:08:57 PM »
Still makes me nervous... https://video.avfc.co.uk/video/Zml4dHVyZSU3QzBfbnc5YzR5YW4?lang=en

I am pretty sure that after we scored I spent more time looking at the scoreboard clock than any of the game itself.

I know I definitely saw a lot of that clock after the goal, I was right in line with it, dead centre.  The last ten minutes were absolute torture but oh the sweetness after it ended.

Every second and every kick once we restarted after the goal was absolute torture! I might have misremembered but I think the scoreboard clock in the stadium counted down from ninety minutes rather than up to ninety minutes.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2020, 09:24:25 PM »
Looking back, I don't know how I got through that SEVEN minutes of added time at the end. I aged 10 years, at least!

Where on earth did the ref get that 7 minutes from?  A year on, I'm still wondering...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2020, 10:21:37 PM »
Looking back, I don't know how I got through that SEVEN minutes of added time at the end. I aged 10 years, at least!

Where on earth did the ref get that 7 minutes from?  A year on, I'm still wondering...

Mings was treated for about three minutes after the goal.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2020, 10:25:44 PM »

Mings was treated for about three minutes after the goal.
From watching the game again the other day that worked in our favour because it killed any momentum Derby had built up by scoring.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2020, 11:37:47 PM »
I’ve been going down since early 80s as a little kid, highs and lows in that time, but that run last season was the most enjoyable and exiting time, maybe as I experienced it with my own kids. Saying that I went to Wednesday away without the kids, what a great day.

Funny really, but only started really appreciating how stressful this season has been when it stopped. I love football and I love the villa more, but really haven’t missed it as much as I thought. The anxiety started as soon as I heard about the sheff Utd game😂 once it the day gets nearer though...we go again!!
good post mate. Your 2nd paragraph pretty much sums it up for me. I do think the break might have done us a favour though- chance to re-set get everybody fit again and a clean slate. We were definitely on a downward trajectory but we’ve got at least a few games against teams just fulfilling their obligations. It doesn’t help with the anxiety though! I was hoping they’d just abandon the season. But fk it! Game on 9 games to go. Come on Villa, see us home!

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2020, 08:17:45 AM »
Kind of think it served them right for sacking Darren Moore. He would have tried to beat us playing football. The PE teacher just made them play 10 at the back and try to kick us off the park.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2020, 11:56:21 PM »
My girlfriend's family are all West Brom fans. Even though I have never been one for 'bantz', I'd hear from them every time we fell below them in the league or suffered a bad result, never mind when we lost to them. When we lost 8-0 to Chelsea just before Christmas in whatever year it was, they actually went out specifically to buy a pack of After Eight mints, just to give to me and say, "eh?! Wharrebout that? Eh? Coz yow boys, them lost 8-0, hur hur".

After the penalty shoot out, I didn't for one second think of rubbing it in. I just felt the relief wash over me.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2020, 12:25:14 AM »
I had to double check this but we haven't actually won at the Hawthorns since September 2008.

Loads of draws and of course we were robbed of a win with that handball last season. At least the play off defeat was an overall win with the glory of the penalty shoot out.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2020, 12:35:19 AM »
I had to double check this but we haven't actually won at the Hawthorns since September 2008.

Loads of draws and of course we were robbed of a win with that handball last season. At least the play off defeat was an overall win with the glory of the penalty shoot out.

Apart from the PO semi, the last game I remember there was a Hitzlsperger special. Can't even remember if we won or drew. The Hawthorns is just a depressing place all round.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2020, 12:53:34 AM »
It was Steven Davis with a rare header, wasn't it?

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »
The bitterness that still emanates from Sandwell over a year on.. ..

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2020, 12:19:49 PM »
Jed Steer just did for Mason Holgate in that long walk to the goal for the shootout. Absolutely brilliant. Steer's composure was top-class.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2020, 12:30:58 PM »
The bitterness that still emanates from Sandwell ever since 1878.. ..

Fixed.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2020, 01:40:17 PM »
The bitterness that still emanates from Sandwell ever since 1878.. ..

Fixed.
Which at one point included arrogance. Their plan to take the FA Cup home on the train via Worcester in 1887 went well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal