collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Fasth56
[Today at 11:02:53 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:02:43 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:59:42 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Memory Lane  (Read 9357 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Memory Lane
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2020, 11:31:33 PM »
I had to double check this but we haven't actually won at the Hawthorns since September 2008.

Loads of draws and of course we were robbed of a win with that handball last season. At least the play off defeat was an overall win with the glory of the penalty shoot out.

Apart from the PO semi, the last game I remember there was a Hitzlsperger special. Can't even remember if we won or drew. The Hawthorns is just a depressing place all round.

Hitz long ranger was at VP. Last minute.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2020, 11:39:44 PM »
I had to double check this but we haven't actually won at the Hawthorns since September 2008.

Loads of draws and of course we were robbed of a win with that handball last season. At least the play off defeat was an overall win with the glory of the penalty shoot out.

Apart from the PO semi, the last game I remember there was a Hitzlsperger special. Can't even remember if we won or drew. The Hawthorns is just a depressing place all round.

Really? Could've sworn he scored one at the Hawthorns to either win or draw a game. Long time ago, I must be mistaken.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2020, 09:09:20 AM »

Really? Could've sworn he scored one at the Hawthorns to either win or draw a game. Long time ago, I must be mistaken.

He scored a late howitzer at Bolton, Are you sure you're not confusing that with the baggies? Both grounds are souless dumps lacking atmosphere so there's a chance.

Offline Rory

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2020, 09:58:27 AM »
I just looked through our results from every season Hitz was with us. I reckon it could be 1-1 from August 2004, for some reason I thought Tommy scored ours, but apparently not.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2020, 10:09:56 PM »
I just looked through our results from every season Hitz was with us. I reckon it could be 1-1 from August 2004, for some reason I thought Tommy scored ours, but apparently not.

I watched that on holiday. Mellberg scored from a corner and then had another header five minutes later that was cleared off the line but looked to have gone over.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2020, 02:46:14 PM »

My first trip to the Hawthorns was in the Milk Cup in 1983. We won 2-1 with goals from Mark Walters and Dennis Mortimer. Cyrille Regis scored for Albion. Clive 'The Book'  Thomas sent off Gary Owen for a bad challenge on Paul Birch on the touchline. The away end went barmy when Mortimer scored the winner, which I think was scored quite late on. I always thought the atmosphere at the Hawthorns for an Albion v Villa derby was pretty good.

Online Jon Crofts

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2020, 05:53:16 PM »
I watched the game in a pub in Cheddar, there were a few Villa in there as well, all good fun in the end.
I’d had a proper skin full of ale on top of the nerves and couldn’t help myself as my bladder complained on the walk back to my Airbnb I came across this street sign which took the entire content of my overly inflated bladder. FTA.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal