collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What does John Terry actually DO?!  (Read 7160 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: What does John Terry actually DO?!
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2019, 08:15:46 PM »
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why, when we've spent over £60m on a new defence, and we've got one of Englan's best defenders of the last 20 years as a coach, are we conceding two goals a game?
I think you answered this when you pointed out his changing the midfield every week.
I think therein lies the problem and not sure what coaching can do about the porosity of the midfield 3 he insists on.

One of our biggest problems from the beginning of the season, not just the last few games, is the total lack of protection or cover for our back four. Neither Luiz not Nakamba have looked competent in that role, the ball passes them by as often as not (which the negates the whole purpose of even trying to fill the role).

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2019, 08:19:10 PM »
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why, when we've spent over £60m on a new defence, and we've got one of Englan's best defenders of the last 20 years as a coach, are we conceding two goals a game?
I think you answered this when you pointed out his changing the midfield every week.
I think therein lies the problem and not sure what coaching can do about the porosity of the midfield 3 he insists on.

One of our biggest problems from the beginning of the season, not just the last few games, is the total lack of protection or cover for our back four. Neither Luiz not Nakamba have looked competent in that role, the ball passes them by as often as not (which the negates the whole purpose of even trying to fill the role).
Exactly

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2019, 01:13:15 AM »
The lack of top flight coaching experience at the club is pretty stark.  Dean Smith hasn't coached at this level before, and neither have O'Kelly, Terry or Cutler.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 10:41:17 AM »
John Terry is to play in the charities together  FIFA 20 tournament raising money for NHS.
Up against other sports stars and celebrities

Starts next week

Now let's wonder if he's much of a FIFA gamer

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 03:41:50 PM »
Can't wait!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »
We're getting relegated at this rate!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 06:16:37 PM »
His defence won't be up to the task.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2020, 08:14:27 PM »
I would imagine that with all his caps and medals and being a young coach that the players can remember as a successful player players would respect him and identify with him. Coaches and assistants are hard to judge because nobody outside the club actually knows exactly what they do and how well or otherwise they do it. There is a big difference in the profile and perceptions of a manager and a coach. Managers get a lot of credit in the good spells and a lot of criticism in the bad spells. The assistants/coaches tend not to get any credit in the good times but also mostly avoid the majority of the criticism in the bad times.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2020, 10:47:54 PM »
John Terry is to play in the charities together  FIFA 20 tournament raising money for NHS.
Up against other sports stars and celebrities

Starts next week

Now let's wonder if he's much of a FIFA gamer

I wonder which Team he is playing as. Odds on it is Chelsea.

And for anyone who is a muppet or have Adblocker. It is being advertised in the banners on this very site. Starts Mon27 with him against Ben Stokes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal