collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1096 | Comments: 16

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 562 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1409 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 588 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...
October 02, 2020, 04:50:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 559 | Comments: 0

There’s an old saying, O...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: People's champions Barcelona definitely aren't exploiting a global pandemic  (Read 658 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
Barcelona are to give a sponsor naming rights to the Nou Camp for the first time and donate all the revenue to fighting coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52371059

Barca's stadium - which is known as Camp Nou in Catalan - has never had another name since opening in 1957.

The La Liga champions have given the title rights to the Barca Foundation, who will find a sponsor for 2020-21.

"Revenue will be used to fund research projects and the worldwide fight against the pandemic," the club said.

"FC Barcelona and the Barca Foundation consider it a necessity that at this time of humanitarian crisis, the institution should use all its resources to fight against the coronavirus pandemic and its consequences."

Is it just me who sees this as a cynical ploy to open up the stadium to future commercial sponsorship revenue in exactly the same way they have done with their kit?!

I'd rather they just be open about it rather than use a global pandemic.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
Just like they did with their kit sponsorship, give it away to get the good PR and the fans used to it, then sell to the highest bidder.

Edit. As you pointed out, and I didn’t read..

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
Well, for now, they seem to be doing good. They're raising money to fight the pandemic, so they should be applauded for that.

Couldn't really give a shit if they rename the ground in the future, tbh. It's their ground, they can do what they like. I'll still call it the Nou Camp anyway.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
I'm with you on this, CDB.

Offline Somniloquism

Yep, it is their fans who should be really upset when they do capitalise on it (And RM fans as well).

Offline luke:lamf

As long as they dial down the "mes que un club" bollocks, then fine. But try and maintain that whilst flogging absolutely every part of your identity wholesale, like every other club, and to, let's be charitable and say, dubious Middle-Eastern regimes and I'll hope that post-Messi they implode spectacularly.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
As long as they dial down the "mes que un club" bollocks, then fine. But try and maintain that whilst flogging absolutely every part of your identity wholesale, like every other club, and to, let's be charitable and say, dubious Middle-Eastern regimes and I'll hope that post-Messi they implode spectacularly.

That's the thing, they absolutely won't.  They'll carry on telling everyone how they're so much better than those money-grabbing bastards in Madrid, whilst using a global pandemic which is killing tens of thousands of people globally to ultimately flog stadium naming rights without the normal uproar they'd get from doing it.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
They'll still be a lot nicer than those racist Francoite twats, regardless. But, they're raising money. No need for criticising them based on a hypothetical perceived sponsorship later on.

Offline Somniloquism

They'll still be a lot nicer than those racist Francoite twats, regardless. But, they're raising money. No need for criticising them based on a hypothetical perceived sponsorship later on.

I agree with Ad@m that in 2-3 years time, it won't be hypothetical. However I'm also not fussed about it either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal