collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Your all time, ultimate shit Aston Villa line up  (Read 24357 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Your all time, ultimate shit Aston Villa line up
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2020, 05:46:09 PM »
I think Ireland was the biggest c*** of all. Worse than N'Zogbia. At least CNZ didn't look like he'd already decided not to bother trying by the end of his first press conference. I think Ireland slagged off the area too. Bellend-headed minge face.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2020, 08:32:38 PM »
I honestly cant remember seeing Habib Beye playing to make any kind of judgement on just how shit he was.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2020, 09:09:48 PM »
Any room for Grant Holt in this side?

Yes. But to be honest until you posted his name I had totally forgotten about him. So he qualifies for the double honour of being on the shit players list and on the forgotten he even played for us list.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2020, 03:13:31 PM »

Manager McNeill

GK Kalinic

LB Gallagher
RB Crespo

CB Konsa
CB Richards

RW Pires
LW Sinclair
CM Sanchez
CM Drinkwater

CF Wesley
CF Holt

Subs

Bunn
Bree
Hause
Richardson
Bakuna
Stainrod
Fashanu

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2020, 08:35:23 PM »
Still struggling to narrow it down to eleven but Mark Kinsella is a shoe in. (His sideways passing made Westwood look like Iniesta).

Surprised no-one has mentioned Carl Tiler. I thought he was woeful during his brief stay under Brian Little.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2020, 08:38:11 PM »
Konsa & Cresto? 

They’ve only played a few minutes

And Paul Birch? Hang your head

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2020, 09:14:38 PM »
Kiraly is just remembered for the error in his last game (and his bizarre matchday outfit!) Was fine in the other games like 0-0 v Chelsea which was the league game before Man. United in the cup.

He was just a short term fix when the first two were injured, Mark Bunn much worse than him for a start. After his England error Carson was pretty poor for the rest of 07/08 aswell.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2020, 09:17:13 PM »
Amazed Tonev isn't making more 11s. Worst outfield attacker I've seen play for us by a long way. Looked like a half time prize winner when he came on.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2020, 09:45:32 PM »
Kiraly is just remembered for the error in his last game (and his bizarre matchday outfit!) Was fine in the other games like 0-0 v Chelsea which was the league game before Man. United in the cup.

He was just a short term fix when the first two were injured, Mark Bunn much worse than him for a start. After his England error Carson was pretty poor for the rest of 07/08 aswell.

Bunn was probably the worst keeper I can recall aswell. His display during the cabbage fest against Preston will live long in the memory. Genuinely looked too short to play in goal. Nyland was woeful in the championship but redeemed himself a bit this season.

So many non entities in GT2 stint alone, Allback, Leonhardsen, Gudjohnson, Hadji, Kachoul, Kinsella, Crouch was laughably poor too . That was a truly awful team.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2020, 09:59:54 PM »

Bunn was probably the worst keeper I can recall aswell. His display during the cabbage fest against Preston will live long in the memory. Genuinely looked too short to play in goal. Nyland was woeful in the championship but redeemed himself a bit this season.

So many non entities in GT2 stint alone, Allback, Leonhardsen, Gudjohnson, Hadji, Kachoul, Kinsella, Crouch was laughably poor too . That was a truly awful team.

Crouch had a blinder on his Villa park debut (against Newcastle I think) when every opposition defender seemed to be booked because they couldn't handle him. Then that twat O'Leary decided to loan him to Norwich and then flog him to Southampton and replace him with the useless Carlton Cole (27 games, 3 goals). Wasn't it Gregory who signed Hadji and Kachoul?

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2020, 10:01:03 PM »
I always rated Carlton Cole, great debut.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »

Crouch had a blinder on his Villa park debut (against Newcastle I think) when every opposition defender seemed to be booked because they couldn't handle him. Then that twat O'Leary decided to loan him to Norwich and then flog him to Southampton and replace him with the useless Carlton Cole (27 games, 3 goals). Wasn't it Gregory who signed Hadji and Kachoul?

Yes, John Gregory wouldn't be beaten for Kachloul particularly.  Terrible acquisition, bloody awful.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2020, 10:34:26 PM »

Exactly as I remember Crouch, DOL the twat.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2020, 10:48:58 PM »
Konsa & Cresto? 

They’ve only played a few minutes

And Paul Birch? Hang your head

I didn't pick Birch, he was one of my favourite players back in the day. Presume you mean Gallagher is still the worst player I have seen at fullback even with the stiff competition offered up in recent years.

Konsa has been truly dreadful thus far. Could have gone for Okore, Ridgewell, Cooper plenty to choose from. Crespo was a head scratching signing.

To be honest this is a much harder team to pick than the best one! I didn't read through other peoples teams until after I posted but there are some god awful players I left out. Hellenius, Tonev, Holman, Djemba Djemba. Ugh.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2020, 10:54:58 PM »
Still struggling to narrow it down to eleven but Mark Kinsella is a shoe in. (His sideways passing made Westwood look like Iniesta).

Surprised no-one has mentioned Carl Tiler. I thought he was woeful during his brief stay under Brian Little.

Both made my team !!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal