collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Classic Villa games on Youtube.  (Read 9755 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Classic Villa games on Youtube.
« on: March 14, 2020, 03:55:06 PM »
I've mentioned a few times the excellent Villaboy YT channel full of clips from the past and a few full length matches. Just the other day I watched Villa 5 Wimbledon 0 from December 1996 which was really interesting to see the Crazy gang style again (match was actually reasonably close for first half hour).

Think there's also AVFC clips which is more clips of games from season reviews and only 1-2 full games.

Are there any other options for the lean weekends ahead from undiscovered channels that people have come across? I do come across the odd other full match from fans of other clubs (the Villa-Liverpool full match from August 2007 is on there when Gerrard dived for the late free kick) but obviously more defeats and games I really wouldn't want to watch.

Its a shame the draconian laws from premier league stop more uploads, would love to watch the full 90 minutes from winning at Old Trafford in 2009 or the Emirates in August 2013 again. Really tough to even find long highlights of the first match.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Classic Villa games on Youtube.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 10:10:30 PM »
VillaBoy is about the best one there is. All the rest get taken down post 1992 or whenever it was that Sky got their monopoly.

Offline kieron

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 11:29:41 PM »

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 31.07.2022
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 07:37:46 AM »
I've just found www.footballia.net - it's got a fair few of our games on it. Juventus, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Athletico Madrid, Celta for starters...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 04:12:22 PM by Seb_AVFC »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 03:13:48 PM »
That's a cracking site, Seb. I'm going to dig out the Barcelona 5-4 Atlético (1997) game. Probably my favourite ever non-Villa game.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 04:54:21 PM »
I just watched the 80/81 sesason review that Villa Boy posted. Such golden memories, almost 40 years ago but it feels like yesterday.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 05:47:02 PM »
We should think about setting up some match threads of old games and/or season reviews now that football is suspended. H&V without any football isn't the same. How about once or twice a week a game is chosen with a link; a time given for people to start watching it and a match thread started?

Offline Legion

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 05:54:31 PM »
I tried that with the Chelsea game. Minimal interest.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 06:28:08 PM »
I've just found www.footballia.net - it's got a fair few of our games on it. Juventus, Bordeaux, Bilbao, Athletico Madrid, Celta for starters...

Ah interesting. I looked at that site yesterday but only premier league section which was a repeat of what you can find elsewhere. Didn't look at other leagues so interested to see what I come across. Cheers.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 06:30:36 PM »
We should think about setting up some match threads of old games and/or season reviews now that football is suspended. H&V without any football isn't the same. How about once or twice a week a game is chosen with a link; a time given for people to start watching it and a match thread started?

There was some crackers on one of the old forums, all time classic was Sunderland away in October 2009 but think that was lost.

On this board the old match and post match threads stretch back to West Ham in August 2010 so that's another thing to blame O'Neill leaving for as his departure seemingly ended the old forum.

Offline Legion

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 09:42:32 PM »

Fantastic. Thank you.

https://footballia.net/teams/aston-villa

Offline Allan C

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 11:21:15 PM »
Peter Withe  what a player

Offline Damo70

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 11:46:33 PM »
The other day on YouTube I watched the fifteen minutes MOTD highlights of one of my favourite Villa games I was at. Villa 4 Albion 3, first game of the season in 1983. Ken McNaught making his Albion debut days after leaving Villa for Albion. Brendan Ormsby who took over his number five shirt scoring the winning goal. I remember Central Sport showing a slightly awkward interview in the studio with best mates Peter Withe and Ken McNaught the night before the match.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 11:59:50 PM »

Great player, great attitude, great battler. Definately someone you would want on your side in the dressing room and in games. Also a great psychologist if his  team talk about never having lost to Middlesbrough was a true story when the Villa players were saying Boro were a bogey team before the last home game of the season in 1981. Apparently in truth he had no recollection of whether he had ever lost to Boro or not.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 04:11:14 PM »

Great player, great attitude, great battler. Definately someone you would want on your side in the dressing room and in games. Also a great psychologist if his  team talk about never having lost to Middlesbrough was a true story when the Villa players were saying Boro were a bogey team before the last home game of the season in 1981. Apparently in truth he had no recollection of whether he had ever lost to Boro or not.
Yes I remember him saying that in a Villa history video. One of my favourite players, he was superb

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal