collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Coaching and defending  (Read 453 times)

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
Coaching and defending
« on: March 10, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
Do we have any?
From every corner we concede, the opposition create havoc.
Tyrone Mings stands in front of the goal marking no-one while players like Elmo and Guilbert, and even Luiz and Nakamba pick up their main attacking threats in the air. The opposition don't have to do a lot to score against us anyway, but this is just the basics of defending.
Seeing Guilbert marking players like Evans is just ridiculous.
It's like groundhog day, every match and every corner is exactly the same, my old Sunday league team wouldn't even defend like that.
Mings stands in front of the goal and doesn't attack the ball...why is he there? What is the purpose of him being a 'spare' man doing nothing? Isn't he supposed to be one of our best headers of the ball?
If you want to have a 'spare' man in front of the goal why not use a smaller player and not your main header of the ball to be effectively out of the game.
I seriously ask the question: What is Terry and Smith coaching them, and seeing it has been a disastrous tactic all season, why do we persist with it defeat after defeat after defeat?
It sums up why we are so poor and why we are doomed to the championship with one of the worst defences I've seen since the 1966-67 relegation defence.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal