collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 45200 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Next manager
« Reply #435 on: July 12, 2020, 01:41:57 PM »
I'll put Risso down as an "undecided".

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2020, 01:42:21 PM »
I'm gonna get shot down in flames for this but how's about we keep Deano and bring in Big Sam to replace Suso?  Sam knows exactly the kind of players we would need to be bringing in to get up and stay up and between him and Deano continuity for the overarching rebuild can be maintained?  Replace John Terry with some top class coaches and, all of a sudden, behind the scenes things are looking tighter and sharper.  We don't need a huge reset, just crucial tweaks in certain areas.

Respectfully Billy, I'm sure you're a good bloke and all, but that's bollocks.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #437 on: July 12, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »
It's a solid "no" from me. Sorry, Billy.

Ha! Fair enough CD.  My views change on an hour to hour, day to day basis, I must admit.  I think we are a couple of decent strikers and one or two prem quality squad fillers away from being a solid mid table Premier League outfit. The main question I ask myself is: "Is it worth ditching Deano and rebooting all over again when it's just a matter of adding a bit more quality to the squad?"   

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #438 on: July 12, 2020, 01:49:23 PM »
It's a solid "no" from me. Sorry, Billy.

Ha! Fair enough CD.  My views change on an hour to hour, day to day basis, I must admit.  I think we are a couple of decent strikers and one or two prem quality squad fillers away from being a solid mid table Premier League outfit. The main question I ask myself is: "Is it worth ditching Deano and rebooting all over again when it's just a matter of adding a bit more quality to the squad?"   

If there was any sign over the last 12 months Dean knew what to do with them, I'd agree but sadly there isn't.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #439 on: July 12, 2020, 01:49:58 PM »
I think keeping Smith would be a sign that failure is acceptable at the club. You go down, you get sacked, as far as I'm concerned. I want a manager who can get us up, make us competitive at the top end of the Premier League and still be Villa manager in ten years. To do what Taylor might have done if sodding England hadn't got in the way.

Not sure who, though. I'm also in the camp of changing my mind every ten minutes, mate.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #440 on: July 12, 2020, 01:50:09 PM »
I'm gonna get shot down in flames for this but how's about we keep Deano and bring in Big Sam to replace Suso?  Sam knows exactly the kind of players we would need to be bringing in to get up and stay up and between him and Deano continuity for the overarching rebuild can be maintained?  Replace John Terry with some top class coaches and, all of a sudden, behind the scenes things are looking tighter and sharper.  We don't need a huge reset, just crucial tweaks in certain areas.

You're right, that deserves to be shot down in flames like a WWII ME109 over the skies of Birmingham.  Shot down in flames, then hung, drawn and quartered, before having any remaining atoms scattered to the four winds.  Then buried in a pit with quicklime just to be sure.

You have me chuckling away here, Risso - I'll put it down to the very strong coffee I've been drinking!

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #441 on: July 12, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »
I genuinely have no opinion nor any idea if Dean Smith will get the sack. But if he does I'd love to see Chris Houghton in the role. Actually, I'd love to see Mauricio Pochettino in the role but that might be wishful thinking.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #442 on: July 12, 2020, 02:04:22 PM »
I genuinely have no opinion nor any idea if Dean Smith will get the sack. But if he does I'd love to see Chris Houghton in the role.

I can only assume it's because you share the same name. It's one thing to have a safe pair of hands, it's quite another to fall asleep watching.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #443 on: July 12, 2020, 02:08:05 PM »
I'm against Hughton just because I can't be arsed to keep correcting the spelling of his name seven hundred times per day.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #444 on: July 12, 2020, 02:12:27 PM »

Respectfully Billy, I'm sure you're a good bloke and all, but that's bollocks.

Careful with that sort of chat. He may have seen Villa in the 3rd division and demand to be shown RESPECT. ;)

I agree with Billy on the team likely not needing much in the Championship but not his managerial "solution".

Offline nigel

« Reply #445 on: July 12, 2020, 04:47:55 PM »

You're right, that deserves to be shot down in flames like a WWII ME109 over the skies of Birmingham.  Shot down in flames, then hung, drawn and quartered, before having any remaining atoms scattered to the four winds.  Then buried in a pit with quicklime just to be sure.

Not sure the ME109 would have the range to get to Birmingham and back 😉

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #446 on: July 12, 2020, 04:52:36 PM »
Klopp as manager, Guardiola as his assistant and Poch as DoF.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #447 on: July 12, 2020, 05:15:09 PM »
Shankly for me with Clough as DoF

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #448 on: July 12, 2020, 08:31:51 PM »
Wolves play good football. I like Nuno. They've done really well, fair play to them.

And I mean that.

Same here, they’ve done really well. And it’s fantastic to see all their local fans stop supporting Man Utd etc and return to following them. Now they are good.

I remember being in a pub and a gobshite was cheering a goal for Man City against us, after the usual eye roll I asked ‘Blues or Albion?’

‘No mate, I’m Man City, diehard I am mate, watch every game on the telly I do’

Smelling a rat of gargantuan proportions I baited the peg with ‘that’s great, you’ve done really well after so many years of shit, who did you used to support?’

‘Wolves’

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #449 on: July 12, 2020, 08:49:10 PM »
Didn't Wolves last have a decent team and support in the 50s or am I thinking of West Brom?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal