collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 44846 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Next manager
« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »
We're famous: Wolves fan posting about this thread on Twitter

Spot yourselves!

Hands up anyone who has ever, ever given a second's thought to who Wolves' next manger might be.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #391 on: July 12, 2020, 12:07:21 PM »

Spot yourselves!

Hands up anyone who has ever, ever given a second's thought to who Wolves' next manger might be.

Cam retweeted it, the scamp.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #392 on: July 12, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »
Tammy aside, who left whom would have made any kind of difference do you think?

I can’t see Whelan doing any worse than Nakamba, I can’t see Elphick doing much worse than Engels, I can’t see Adomah being much worse than Trez. There’s about £35million there. None of them are world beaters but did we really get that much if an upgrade on what are essentially squad fillers.

NaKamba has been the worst of the lot IMO

I thought Engels was decent to start with but the fallout with DS didn’t help neither did the spurs game. He is much better than Elphick in my view and should be ok in the champs

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #393 on: July 12, 2020, 12:11:53 PM »
There's no way Nakamba has been the worst of the lot. Terrible shout.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #394 on: July 12, 2020, 12:16:00 PM »
Tammy aside, who left whom would have made any kind of difference do you think?
i think we slipped up not getting Tuanzebe back. Tammy would’ve been great, but wasn’t feasible. Axel I reckon we could have got.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #395 on: July 12, 2020, 12:16:17 PM »
Nakamba has been ok.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #396 on: July 12, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »
You get a loan to buy in if we stayed up and cross your fingers. It’s not a perfect solution but we’re going down as it is. Do you think we’d have had a better chance of playing PL football with Cahill/Axel, Maupay and Benrhama starting 30+ games this season?

Possibly, but recruitment isn’t as simple as that. I mean, I’m not sure as the selling club, you agree to that loan to buy deal for a start. Also, sort of ignores factors like Cahill wanting to stay in London, Manchester United  telling Axel he was going to get game time etc.

Plus, you get Benrahma for about the same price as the three wide players we got. So it’s not just about him playing thirty games, you’ve probably got Andre Green playing thirty as well then.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #397 on: July 12, 2020, 12:18:14 PM »
Nakamba isn’t far off it. Currently I’d have Trez ahead with Samatta and Wes battling it out for 2nd. Also a special mention for the £15m we spunked on Matt Targett.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #398 on: July 12, 2020, 12:21:58 PM »
You get a loan to buy in if we stayed up and cross your fingers. It’s not a perfect solution but we’re going down as it is. Do you think we’d have had a better chance of playing PL football with Cahill/Axel, Maupay and Benrhama starting 30+ games this season?

Possibly, but recruitment isn’t as simple as that. I mean, I’m not sure as the selling club, you agree to that loan to buy deal for a start. Also, sort of ignores factors like Cahill wanting to stay in London, Manchester United  telling Axel he was going to get game time etc.

Plus, you get Benrahma for about the same price as the three wide players we got. So it’s not just about him playing thirty games, you’ve probably got Andre Green playing thirty as well then.

Cahill would’ve come if we made a good enough offer, Axel as 2nd cab. You still have AEG so he’d just be instead of Trez. Loan to buy is hard but so is buying 13 players for £140m and staying up.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #399 on: July 12, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »
NaKamba can’t tackle, pass or shoot. He has no pace and fails to do the one job he is paid to do - Break up the opposition play and protect the defence. Severely limited. In my mind when I think of him all I can see is a five yard sideways pass. He offers nothing. The defence rightly gets criticised but the likes of NaKamba offer no protection.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #400 on: July 12, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »
Nobody knows whether Cahill would have come. Maybe he's settled in London? Also guaranteed if we had signed him people would have been slagging him off as the new Richards/Lescott before he had kicked a ball.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #401 on: July 12, 2020, 12:25:03 PM »
Nakamba isn’t far off it. Currently I’d have Trez ahead with Samatta and Wes battling it out for 2nd. Also a special mention for the £15m we spunked on Matt Targett.

I will give Samatta a free pass this season. Arrived in Jan and looked good. The break for Covid hasn’t helped him one bit being new to the country. He now gets zero service. I think he could come good next season certainly in the champs

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #402 on: July 12, 2020, 12:28:14 PM »

Spot yourselves!

Wolves and Newcastle fans. How desperately sad, the obsessed freaks.

They know other clubs don't give a shit about them so they have to make their presences felt by making a song and dance about everything. Radishes
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 12:30:51 PM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2020, 12:31:58 PM »
An orange chip on each shoulder.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2020, 12:32:02 PM »
There's no way Nakamba has been the worst of the lot. Terrible shout.

It was a key position to sort out though and he looks pretty substandard, too easy for players to run pass, mediocre passing etc.

I would be amazed in 3-4 years if he's playing for a CL team like Gana is now. Luiz will be a more prominent player in european football in that timespan than Nakamba.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal