collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 44857 times)

Offline Rudy65

Re: Next manager
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2020, 06:13:46 PM »
This is taken from Klinsmann’s Wiki page

Following Klinsmann's time with Bayern, Bayern team captain Phillip Lahm wrote in his autobiography that Klinsmann's tenure with the club was a "failure" and that Klinsmann's lack of tactical instruction required the players to meet before kickoff to discuss strategy.

He’d fit right in

It’s as if he is managing us already

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2020, 06:14:33 PM »
Appointing Steven fucking Gerrard after having given John fucking Terry a job would just confirm that Villa are trolling me.

Why not Gerrard?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2020, 06:16:23 PM »
Appointing Steven fucking Gerrard after having given John fucking Terry a job would just confirm that Villa are trolling me.

Why not Gerrard?

The question is surely why? The pinnacle of his managerial career is finishing second in a two team league, and winning zero trophies. What's he achieved?

If he hadn't had such a successful playing career, would anyone even suggest him?

Plus, he's a ******.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2020, 06:19:13 PM »
Gattuso is mental. I approve.

Signing a new deal with Napoli.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #289 on: July 11, 2020, 06:22:22 PM »
You wouldn't want to face him if you strolled around the pitch not giving a fuck.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2020, 06:25:18 PM »
Gio Van Bronckhorst would be my choice, did a very good job at Feyenoord before stepping down last summer and was being linked with Man City as a possible long-term successor for Guardiola afterwards. He signed on with a club in China in January but I don't think that would make him impossible to get.

Other than that I'd take Cocu or Howe as well and I think they'd both be interested.

Howe appears shell shocked at best and broken at worst at the moment. He needs a break from football in my opinion. Even if he the right man (and I don't think he is) it would be the wrong time anyway.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2020, 06:27:20 PM »
If Suso is still here the next manager will be from the Belgium league.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
Gattuso is mental. I approve.

Signing a new deal with Napoli.

No harm in offering him more than Napoli. You never know, he might go for it.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2020, 06:29:50 PM »

Why not Gerrard?

The question is surely why? The pinnacle of his managerial career is finishing second in a two team league, and winning zero trophies. What's he achieved?

If he hadn't had such a successful playing career, would anyone even suggest him?

Plus, he's a c***.

No idea why you think he is a c***?

He is an up and coming manager. A winner as a player although I grant you that doesn’t necessarily make a good manager. However, he would get instant respect from the players and also be an attraction for new signings. I like his no nonsense aggressive style given the opposite style of our current failing manager. That said I doubt he’d come anyway given our impending relegation.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2020, 06:35:47 PM »
He was a cheating, diving bastard, he beats people up if they disagree with his choice of music and he has agreed to manage the Scottish equivalent of the Third Reich. That's why I don't like him.

All your arguments seem similar to ones you could use for appointing Tim Sherwood. Great player, leader on the field. Doesn't necessarily make him a great manager. Likewise Roy Keane.

As for "up and coming", he may well have a successful career. I don't really want us to be used to experiment, though. I'd rather we went for the finished article. Gerrard has achieved precisely zero so far. He's taken the second best club with the second biggest budget to... second place. Exactly what you would expect, nothing more, nothing less. No reason whatsoever to be entrusted with the Villa job.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:38:01 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2020, 06:39:01 PM »
Completely agree cdb, Aston. Villa should not be a test lab, get a manager.
Also, he is a c***

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »
Finished article?  Like who?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2020, 06:45:37 PM »
Finished article?  Like who?

There are lots of examples on this thread, some we could probably get, some we perhaps couldn't. I confess, I'm not an expert in many overseas leagues so am not able to give a full assessments of all those mentioned.

Certainly, though, there should be a lot of better candidates than an Old Firm manager who has only ever finished second.

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2020, 06:49:08 PM »
I'd take Gerrard in a heartbeat!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2020, 06:50:55 PM »
For clarification, I didn't say that! He's quotefailed me into supporting John fucking Terry! 😭

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal