collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746535 times)

Offline WassallVillain

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5925 on: September 24, 2021, 08:03:06 PM »
They are now recommending everyone indoors wears a face covering, I don't expect to see anyone wearing them at VIlla Park on Saturday.

Can't think why nobody is taking them seriously and just not bothering.

Brilliant. Bunch of Cnuts.
Difficult to wear a mask with no chin to hold it in place. TBF 4 of them are trying them out though.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5926 on: September 30, 2021, 10:04:49 AM »
Premier League offer special reward to clubs with highest number of Covid vaccinations
In the letter, seen by Sky Sports News, the exact incentive has yet to be decided, but it comes in the midst of real concerns about the relatively low levels of Covid protection for Premier League players.
The Premier League has revealed that 13 of the 20 clubs in the top division have squads where fewer than 50 per cent of the players are fully vaccinated against coronavirus.

League officials have now written directly to clubs offering a special "reward" to those who have the highest number of vaccinated players.

In the letter, seen by Sky Sports News, the exact incentive has yet to be decided, but it comes in the midst of real concerns about the relatively low levels of Covid protection for Premier League players.

With winter approaching, officials want to ensure the elite level of the game is one step ahead of any stricter regulation that the Government may introduce.

A key part of the Premier League letter says: "According to the data we have, only seven clubs' squads are more than 50 per cent fully vaccinated, so we have a way to go. We are considering if and how best we can 'reward' those squads/players who are most Covid-compliant and who have opted to be vaccinated.

"It is increasingly clear that full vaccination will be the key criteria for Government and health authorities, in terms of international travel and potential Covid certification at large scale events."

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #5927 on: October 06, 2021, 02:07:48 AM »
Can someone explain why so many high profile footballers seem to be reluctant to vaccinate? Is there some rumor about complications to health for them to be denying jabs?

Offline KRS

« Reply #5928 on: October 06, 2021, 03:23:46 AM »
Probably because most of them are young, healthy, affluent and arrogant, so they may believe that they aren’t at risk. Whilst I think there has been a higher uptake of the younger generation taking the vaccine in the last few months, it has largely been seen that the general consensus of the population of 20-30 year olds don’t consider themselves to be at risk…so why should footballers in that age group consider themselves to be any different particularly with the health style, precautions and testing they go through on a day to day basis.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5929 on: October 06, 2021, 07:04:32 AM »
I saw Klopp’s interview yesterday and I wondered if this is not just within football but a generational issue with young and fit people. It wouldn’t surprise me if the same percentages are true in athletics, tennis, rugby and so on.

I wonder if Klopp will not play these players?

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5930 on: October 06, 2021, 08:34:21 AM »
I would imagine that the reason is they may have already had covid had mild/no symptoms and recovered therefore feeling they dont need the vaccine

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5931 on: October 06, 2021, 12:42:16 PM »
I'd also suggest that footballers aren't exactly renowned for their intellect...

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5932 on: October 06, 2021, 01:42:12 PM »
I'd also suggest that footballers aren't exactly renowned for their intellect...

Our ex player callum Robinson has openly come out and said despute having covid twice he will not be gettin the vaccine

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #5933 on: October 06, 2021, 07:33:28 PM »
In all honesty if I was in a child raising age group I would think twice. The testing regime was excellent but short and as such no one knows if there will be any long term issues.   I had that conversation with my son and his wife and at the end of the day they went ahead and got vaccinated. Only time will tell.

Offline frank black

« Reply #5934 on: October 06, 2021, 07:37:54 PM »
In all honesty if I was in a child raising age group I would think twice. The testing regime was excellent but short and as such no one knows if there will be any long term issues.   I had that conversation with my son and his wife and at the end of the day they went ahead and got vaccinated. Only time will tell.

May I ask why being of child raising age is a factor?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5935 on: October 06, 2021, 07:40:48 PM »

Our ex player callum Robinson has openly come out and said despute having covid twice he will not be gettin the vaccine

I would have hoped that the fear of long-covid alone would have been enough for any athlete to get vaccinated.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5936 on: October 06, 2021, 07:45:16 PM »
I have no problems with anyone choosing not have the jabs. It has to be your own choice and it should be respected. I’ve said this from the beginning. I’ve had mine, so has my wife and we didn’t make our eldest have it but she wanted to do so. My thirteen year old is not sure and I respect her wishes. She’s had Covid once as well.

I’m still of the opinion if you want to protect yourself and you can have the jabs, have them. If you want to take the risk with out them, again that’s up to you. I know so many people who have had Covid now and have passed it onto others and they were all vaccinated. With this Delta variant I’m positive you will pass it on regardless of having the jab or not.

We really have become extremely judgemental towards folk nowadays.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5937 on: October 06, 2021, 07:49:57 PM »
I have no problems with anyone choosing not have the jabs. It has to be your own choice and it should be respected. I’ve said this from the beginning. I’ve had mine, so has my wife and we didn’t make our eldest have it but she wanted to do so. My thirteen year old is not sure and I respect her wishes. She’s had Covid once as well.

I’m still of the opinion if you want to protect yourself and you can have the jabs, have them. If you want to take the risk with out them, again that’s up to you. I know so many people who have had Covid now and have passed it onto others and they were all vaccinated. With this Delta variant I’m positive you will pass it on regardless of having the jab or not.

Thats where im.at Ian

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5938 on: October 06, 2021, 08:42:41 PM »

And yet medical evidence would tell you you're much less likely to pass it on if you're vaccinated.

So not only is an unvaccinated person putting themselves at risk, they're putting others at greater risk of covid, and because they're much more likely to be hospitalised if they catch covid, they're putting non-covid patients at risk too.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #5939 on: October 06, 2021, 09:17:25 PM »
Jürgen Klopp launched an attack on people who refuse coronavirus vaccinations by comparing them to drink-drivers and saying they are to blame if others catch Covid from them.

The Liverpool manager accused the anti-vaccination movement of ignoring the experts and endangering others while making disingenuous claims about a loss of freedom to justify their stance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal