collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746659 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5685 on: January 20, 2021, 09:49:32 AM »
I want to see a goal celebration tonight where the players put on face masks and get out a tape measure to ensure they stay 2m apart.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5686 on: January 20, 2021, 09:55:41 AM »
I wonder who’s not available tonight from the positive result.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5687 on: January 20, 2021, 10:48:19 AM »
I wonder if Trezeguet is the one not available? Then there may be some regular first team players on the bench because of their fitness level.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5688 on: January 20, 2021, 11:11:33 AM »
Trez seems most likely, he was behind on fitness anyway because of his injuries so if he's had symptoms that will have set him back. That's just guesswork though, we'll have to wait until the teamsheet comes out to know really, I suspect we'll be a pretty much full team though.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #5689 on: January 20, 2021, 11:24:44 AM »
Other than trez, I didn’t see Hause or Davies in the clubs training pics or videos contrary to reports Above

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5690 on: January 20, 2021, 11:30:37 AM »
Pics today showing them back in training.

Missing from the pics - Luiz, Targett and El Ghaz by the looks of things.

In case it gets lost in man city pre match this is the very latest by the Divine one and current Manager of the month Dean Smith:

"Obviously I’ve got some players who’ve contracted Coronavirus and I’ve got to check whether they’re fully fit or not. I don’t think we’ll be hamstrung by it at all. We’ll have a few players who’ve been affected by it but we’ve also got a lot of players who've had a so-called winter break. “Some of our players needed the rest, players like Jack Grealish and John McGinn who’ve been regularly away on international duty. Hopefully it’ll do them the world of good and we can come back fresh and firing.
What a great way of addressing the Covid outbreak by Dean Smith. Honest and open and basically removing any chance of players competing against Man City with  pre determined excuses playing on their minds.

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #5691 on: January 20, 2021, 11:31:43 AM »
Other than trez, I didn’t see Hause or Davies in the clubs training pics or videos contrary to reports Above

Davies was on them.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #5692 on: January 20, 2021, 11:52:25 AM »
Pics today showing them back in training.

Missing from the pics - Luiz, Targett and El Ghaz by the looks of things.

In case it gets lost in man city pre match this is the very latest by the Divine one and current Manager of the month Dean Smith:

"Obviously I’ve got some players who’ve contracted Coronavirus and I’ve got to check whether they’re fully fit or not. I don’t think we’ll be hamstrung by it at all. We’ll have a few players who’ve been affected by it but we’ve also got a lot of players who've had a so-called winter break. “Some of our players needed the rest, players like Jack Grealish and John McGinn who’ve been regularly away on international duty. Hopefully it’ll do them the world of good and we can come back fresh and firing.
What a great way of addressing the Covid outbreak by Dean Smith. Honest and open and basically removing any chance of players competing against Man City with  pre determined excuses playing on their minds.
Yeah - from that and his interview, I think Dean Smith's handled it all very well.  No drama, no moaning.  Compared with the way Tottinghams have been carrying on, it's chalk & cheese.  Similar in the transfer market - no messing about, just get on with the task at hand.  Wonderful mentality from the club overall, and another reason I'm positive about our future at the moment.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #5693 on: January 20, 2021, 01:24:19 PM »
Is barkley fit?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5694 on: January 20, 2021, 01:25:51 PM »
Is barkley fit?

He was front and centre in all of the training photos, so hopefully.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5695 on: January 23, 2021, 09:49:28 PM »
Judging by how Jack looked tonight, I wonder if he was one of our covid cases. He just doesn't look well.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5696 on: January 23, 2021, 09:56:37 PM »
Judging by how Jack looked tonight, I wonder if he was one of our covid cases. He just doesn't look well.

Smith said neither Grealish nor McGinn had it.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5697 on: January 23, 2021, 09:57:23 PM »

Smith said neither Grealish nor McGinn had it.

On the piss last night then!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5698 on: February 04, 2021, 08:25:21 PM »
This is class.

Villa have donated the Holte Suite to be used as a hub for the NHS to roll out 2,000 vaccinations per day as Birmingham and the UK look to combat Covid.

Purslow said:
"Obviously with no fans in the stadium we can carry on. It's rather an incredible thought as I look at an empty Holte End knowing that behind there is such a wonderful facility doing good that will carrying on doing that good work when there's a football match is happening on Saturday morning."

In total, 700 patients were jabbed on the first day of the vaccination roll-out at Villa Park with the centre opening from 8am until 8pm seven days a week from hereon in

Well Played Villa do the area and country proud
Maybe some of us here will be getting vaccine at this centre if that's your area?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 08:27:31 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #5699 on: February 15, 2021, 08:53:56 PM »
Well, tomorrow is the first anniversary of our last match at VP with fans present. If you’d told me then we’d still be in the thick of one year later think I’d have cried. Now if I was to be told we’ll be back en masse in the autumn think I’d bite your hand off ! Fingers crossed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal