collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746673 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #4635 on: May 28, 2020, 08:41:23 PM »
Nobody is forcing people to gather together to watch football, if they do when they are not supposed to its their responsibility

No, they are not. But they will. Either way play or not we are relegated as no way we will be able to turn around our form

That's the spirit.

What other spirit is there? Season should have rolled over into next year. I want my team to do well but playing, ppg, ending the season only leads to us being in the schtuck.

How about win the first game and then we just need to match points with the teams around us for however many rounds they play out. We're playing Sheffield United not some unbeatable galaticos. I'm not saying that they're a bad team, just that any Villa fan who can't even entertain the idea of us winning this one should probably not be left alone much.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4636 on: May 28, 2020, 08:41:37 PM »
Looks like 4 games on BBC and 25 games free to air on Sky.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #4637 on: May 28, 2020, 08:47:06 PM »
I think if the season is incomplete, then the Championship will also be unfinished. I don’t think they’d relegate a team on PPG if the league below is incomplete.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4638 on: May 28, 2020, 09:06:07 PM »
Nobody is forcing people to gather together to watch football, if they do when they are not supposed to its their responsibility

No, they are not. But they will. Either way play or not we are relegated as no way we will be able to turn around our form
I think the form book is out the window. The issue is will Smith have worked out a way to stop our midfield parting like the Red Sea. If he don’t fix that we are down.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #4639 on: May 28, 2020, 09:07:13 PM »
The McGinn factor.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #4640 on: May 28, 2020, 09:12:18 PM »
As important as winning against Sheffield United is, it's also incredibly important that we get a decent looking result on that first weekend round too. Logically, they will not stop the season between the Wednesday and the weekend no matter how bad the figures - they will have to have risen to such an extent in the weeks preceding that it prohibits any football that week. But it is possible that they might play one round after our game in hand and have to stop afterwards. To my mind, we've got two games to win.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4641 on: May 28, 2020, 09:34:25 PM »
Will we be at an advantage or disadvantage against Chelsea having played on the Wednesday?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #4642 on: May 28, 2020, 09:36:14 PM »
Will we be at an advantage or disadvantage against Chelsea having played on the Wednesday?

Yes.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #4643 on: May 28, 2020, 09:39:49 PM »
As important as winning against Sheffield United is, it's also incredibly important that we get a decent looking result on that first weekend round too. Logically, they will not stop the season between the Wednesday and the weekend no matter how bad the figures - they will have to have risen to such an extent in the weeks preceding that it prohibits any football that week. But it is possible that they might play one round after our game in hand and have to stop afterwards. To my mind, we've got two games to win.

Fantastic. So if we could do well in just two games and then have plenty of deaths at just the right time we could stay up !

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #4644 on: May 28, 2020, 09:42:19 PM »
It sounds mercenary, but Kante's return being delayed would help us hugely. I thought he was one of the major differences between us at Stamford Bridge.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #4645 on: May 28, 2020, 09:43:26 PM »

Fantastic. So if we could do well in just two games and then have plenty of deaths at just the right time we could stay up !

Well yeah, ignoring all the horror and stuff...

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #4646 on: May 29, 2020, 12:04:09 AM »
Since the resumption of the Bundesliga, in 27 matches, there have been 12 away wins and just 5 home wins, so it does suggest, albeit on a smallish sample, that home advantage is diminished.

Also, I read that some players who were better in training and practice, but maybe less so with the pressure of a crowd, were coming to the fore.

Well, our away form certainly needs improvement and maybe we have some training superstars up our sleeves. I think we’ll need both to happen in order to stay up.

Offline wince

« Reply #4647 on: May 29, 2020, 01:59:16 AM »

That's the spirit.

What other spirit is there? Season should have rolled over into next year. I want my team to do well but playing, ppg, ending the season only leads to us being in the schtuck.

How about win the first game and then we just need to match points with the teams around us for however many rounds they play out. We're playing Sheffield United not some unbeatable galaticos. I'm not saying that they're a bad team, just that any Villa fan who can't even entertain the idea of us winning this one should probably not be left alone much.

I just don’t see us amounting to much given our form. I hope I am wrong

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4648 on: May 29, 2020, 02:11:52 AM »
We won't have played for three months - we haven't got any form.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4649 on: May 29, 2020, 02:30:49 AM »
Thank fuck.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal