collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by eye digress
[Today at 09:43:05 AM]

Ollie Watkins by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:42:08 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:33:36 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:33:23 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 758065 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #4440 on: May 22, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
I can't agree with that. Its your fault if after 38 games you're in the bottom 3.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #4441 on: May 22, 2020, 01:07:02 PM »
Let us play our game in hand, then if we still go down via PPG then fair enough. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4442 on: May 22, 2020, 01:10:04 PM »
Points Per Game is bollocks.  Taking it to extremes, if this had all happened after the first weekend of the season, are you going to relegate the two teams playing on the first Monday because they have zero points because they haven't played yet?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4443 on: May 22, 2020, 01:20:48 PM »
I would imagine every Premier League team will play the youth team in the future for the League Cup (if they don’t decide to just not enter) if you can get punished by relegation for reaching the final.
That's an excellent point.

If we go down on some variation of PPG, it won't be because we made the League Cup final, it'll be because we lost more games over the season to date than any team other than Norwich.

It really isn't anyone elses fault.

If we go down it will be the fault of whoever puts their own avarice ahead of sporting integrity.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4444 on: May 22, 2020, 01:53:10 PM »
Over the course of the season Villa have only been in the bottom 3 on 9 occasions (after pl games 4,6,7,18,19,20,22,23 and game 28)
We obviously have played a game less than our immediate rivals due to playing in the league cup final. If we'd won that home fixture vs Sheff Utd we would be sitting in 16th position.
So to use some ppg sh-t to justify a relegation is ridiculous because the teams who occupied the bottom 3 in the 19 weeks we didn't have also been poor, that is why there are 6 teams fighting relegation.
To get relegated on the basis of playing a game less, because we took the league cup seriously to make the final would be ridiculous and going forwards it would certainly change my view about how seriously we should take cup competitions, particularly the league cup.
This faux football that the pl is trying to get going at the moment is ridiculous also and no better than a playstation game.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4445 on: May 22, 2020, 02:23:07 PM »
Leeds should be staying in the Championship because they are c***s, always have been, and always will be.

Indeed. Should they be promoted and you hear them claiming they're "back where they belong", remind them they've spent more years in the Championship than they have in the top league. The Championship is their home.

Online Dick Edwards

« Reply #4446 on: May 22, 2020, 02:25:07 PM »
I believe poor Charlton Athletic slipped into the relegation places for the first time this season on the day before the lockdown was announced. How unfair would that be to relegate them without another ball being kicked this season?

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #4447 on: May 22, 2020, 02:45:17 PM »
I believe poor Charlton Athletic slipped into the relegation places for the first time this season on the day before the lockdown was announced. How unfair would that be to relegate them without another ball being kicked this season?

It would be as fair or unfair as anyone else that has a realistic chance of survival, if the games were played out.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4448 on: May 22, 2020, 02:57:49 PM »
It’s our fault we are where we are and of course thanks to Kevin Fiend, it certainly will not be our fault if they decide to relegate us ( the important word is decide).
But it does look like they are hell bent on completing the season by some method.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #4449 on: May 22, 2020, 03:13:22 PM »
If Man City had a game in hand over Liverpool and could go ahead of them if they won it, would it be fair to hand the title to Liverpool if the season was cancelled? That's the situation we're in, but at the other end of the table.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #4450 on: May 22, 2020, 03:28:48 PM »
To be clear, I'm not saying relegating anyone based on PPG is fair. I'm saying that claiming we're only at risk of being relegated this way is because we took the League Cup seriously is bollocks.

We're where we are in the table because we haven't been good enough for 28 games. It's no one else's fault.

Offline Risso

« Reply #4451 on: May 22, 2020, 03:39:09 PM »
To be clear, I'm not saying relegating anyone based on PPG is fair. I'm saying that claiming we're only at risk of being relegated this way is because we took the League Cup seriously is bollocks.

We're where we are in the table because we haven't been good enough for 28 games. It's no one else's fault.

Which would at least be semi-defendable if everybody else had played 28 games.

Offline Risso

« Reply #4452 on: May 22, 2020, 03:42:49 PM »
Spoke to the club earlier today, they're sending out an email possibly today/over the weekend/by Tuesday at the latest concerning what's happening for season ticket holders.  The person I spoke to said that it's difficult because the Premier League haven't officially ended the season or said what they were going to do. 

I did point out that the government has ruled out any games at all before June, and after that it will be games behind closed doors, so it's not that difficult actually to say that the season as defined as being before the end of May 2020 is over for the paying spectator.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4453 on: May 22, 2020, 04:06:07 PM »
I guess they could be holding out in case there's a (very unlikely) finish the season when it's safe for fans to be there outcome.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #4454 on: May 22, 2020, 04:10:50 PM »

Which would at least be semi-defendable if everybody else had played 28 games.

What difference does that make? We've had 28 matches to not be in the bottom three. In 17 of those we've lost, which is more times than anyone else bar Norwich, despite the fact we've played fewer games.

Had we got one more point in any of those 28 matches PPG wouldn't be an issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal