collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 249229 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #1980 on: April 09, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »
The FA Council has today ratified the decision to conclude the 2019-20 season across Steps 3-7 of the National League System, Tiers 3 to 7 of the womenís football pyramid and the wider grassroots game.

Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working collaboratively with the leagues within the National League System, the Womenís Football Board, the Womenís Football Conference and the wider grassroots game to identify the most appropriate way to conclude the 2019-20 season at each level.

The request to end the 2019-20 season was taken to the FA Council by the representatives of the relevant committees having been fully supported by the FA Board.

The FA Councilís vote today was overwhelmingly in favour of ratifying the decision.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/apr/09/fa-council-statement-090420

Offline Towser

• GM : 06.06.2021
« Reply #1981 on: April 09, 2020, 06:52:05 PM »
Keep safe yourself, Vil I An.
UTV!

And your good self ! Stay safe.

One more from me :
#playerstogether
Premier League stars across the country at all different clubs have come together to set up an initiative called 'Players Together', which will help the NHS in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic.

The Aston Villa players who have publically stated they are part of the premier league players initiative to pledge millions of pounds to support the NHS are

Eni Aluko Aston Villa women's sporting director.
Tyrone Mings
Tom Heaton
Ezri Konsa
John McGinn
Trezeguet

Applause to them. It's appreciated that players across clubs are backing this.
I guess Grealish is keeping low just because he doesn't want to look more stupid and hasn't been reported as yet but I like to think our captain is donating part of his money  to the cause .
Up the villa . And great to see players at our club and other premier league players giving at this time

Jack has Posted the #Playerstogether graphic, along with McGinn, Mings, Heaton, Konza, Trez, Riena, Jota, Elghazi, Wesley, Nakamba, Hause, Nyland, Hourihane, Davis, Drinkwater, Elmo, these are just the ones I have seen

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2020
« Reply #1982 on: April 09, 2020, 06:53:27 PM »
"With these challenges in mind, the consensus reached by the FA through relevant committees comprised of league representatives, was to bring the 2019-20 season to an immediate end with no promotion or relegation. It means clubs, players, volunteers and supporters are provided with certainty and allows focus to turn to preparing for the 2020-21 season."

Good, good.  Now same for top 3 leagues would be just perfect.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1983 on: April 09, 2020, 06:53:39 PM »
The FA Council has today ratified the decision to conclude the 2019-20 season across Steps 3-7 of the National League System, Tiers 3 to 7 of the womenís football pyramid and the wider grassroots game.

Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been working collaboratively with the leagues within the National League System, the Womenís Football Board, the Womenís Football Conference and the wider grassroots game to identify the most appropriate way to conclude the 2019-20 season at each level.

The request to end the 2019-20 season was taken to the FA Council by the representatives of the relevant committees having been fully supported by the FA Board.

The FA Councilís vote today was overwhelmingly in favour of ratifying the decision.

If you've got a pyramid league structure then surely what's good at one end has to be good at the other.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1984 on: April 09, 2020, 06:55:28 PM »
At the very least this should knock on the head any notion of a points per match outcome.

So it's either play them by hook or by crook or void them.  Please, please be the latter.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1985 on: April 09, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »
At the very least this should knock on the head any notion of a points per match outcome.

So it's either play them by hook or by crook or void them.  Please, please be the latter.

I agree but as a team who would suffer most from playing out the remaining games in empty stadiums, I would argue that there should be no relegation this season.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1986 on: April 09, 2020, 07:16:57 PM »

I agree but as a team who would suffer most from playing out the remaining games in empty stadiums, I would argue that there should be no relegation this season.
I would argue that too, but if we play the games then there's no chance of that.  Lets face it, from a football perspective we were on a terrible run and the break at that moment was probably an advantage to us.  If we do play the games Smith just needs to make sure we are more up for it than our relegation rivals. 

Online OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2020
« Reply #1987 on: April 09, 2020, 07:27:26 PM »
And thatís the problem. We royally stuffed that up in our last 4 games.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #1988 on: April 09, 2020, 07:48:57 PM »

If you've got a pyramid league structure then surely what's good at one end has to be good at the other.
They have set a precedent here which will be good news for our Legal Case if it ever comes to that.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #1989 on: April 09, 2020, 09:19:45 PM »
Germany again are only starting the league due to money , the fear clubs going bust so are prepared, like the PL want to play with no fans.Even with their high levels of testing they doubt fans will be at a game untill next year.

As for Villa we might lose home advantage but I wonder how many teams are going to perform at all when they have nothing to play for with no fans to generate an atmosphere or for them to perform in front of.I can Image Liverpool winning 2 games to win league will be there for taking the rest of season ( even in normal times this would likely have been the case ) but I think with no fans it will be worse.

I also worry that if they start the season again and just one team gets a player effected what the hell is the plan then ?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1990 on: April 09, 2020, 10:01:22 PM »

I also worry that if they start the season again and just one team gets a player effected what the hell is the plan then ?

Covid-19 testing will be the new drug testing but rather than testing a selection of players, they will have to test everybody at the clubs.  Will it be like a blood test for drink driving with a club having half the test samples and the independent tester having the other half.  Clubs in trouble at the bottom will be throwing sickies so as not to play games.  This season is not going to be completed, is it.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #1991 on: April 09, 2020, 10:13:18 PM »
Tom Ross seems to be suggesting he has the inside track that EFL will go back and play all remaining games over a 46 day period. But heís probably not as well connected as he might have been.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1992 on: April 09, 2020, 10:37:02 PM »
Tom Ross seems to be suggesting he has the inside track that EFL will go back and play all remaining games over a 46 day period. But heís probably not as well connected as he might have been.

Alan Nixon* from the S*n tweeted out a link to that effect this evening. I obviously didn't click on it so don't know the details.

*I only follow him because his Championship predictions once netted me £333 from a £4 stake!

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1993 on: April 10, 2020, 12:02:37 AM »

Alan Nixon* from the S*n tweeted out a link to that effect this evening. I obviously didn't click on it so don't know the details.

*I only follow him because his Championship predictions once netted me £333 from a £4 stake!

The quote on the BBC refers to the EFL preparing for the season to be finished behind closed doors and requiring 56 days to complete the season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #1994 on: April 10, 2020, 12:46:13 AM »
Surely they won't continue with the play off system? Play off final BCD at Wembley just seems bizzare to me. In the circumstances just the top 3 going up seems more logical.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal