collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746809 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #1800 on: April 06, 2020, 10:05:39 PM »
I didn't tell anyone not to discuss it, I was saying how I feel. Didn't say anyone had to agree with me.

Yeah I know

And i'm just saying I don't agree with you.

What don't you agree with? That PWS does not care less right now?
Probably PWS's opinion that it's meaningless I expect.

Meaningless to him is possibly what he meant and at the moment, to some people it is.

Well regrettably, I'm not a mind reader so I have to respond to what is written.  Besides, PWS himself stated that people didn't have to agree with him so I'm not sure where you got your theory from.

To me, football is still important, as is the state of our economy and everything else that will play a part in our everyday lives once this is over.

As he has over fifty thousand posts on here, I'm pretty sure Villa are fairly important to him.

Probably not as significant as his friends and family.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1801 on: April 06, 2020, 10:16:25 PM »
I didn't tell anyone not to discuss it, I was saying how I feel. Didn't say anyone had to agree with me.

Yeah I know

Meaningless to him is possibly what he meant and at the moment, to some people it is.

Well regrettably, I'm not a mind reader so I have to respond to what is written.  Besides, PWS himself stated that people didn't have to agree with him so I'm not sure where you got your theory from.

To me, football is still important, as is the state of our economy and everything else that will play a part in our everyday lives once this is over.

As he has over fifty thousand posts on here, I'm pretty sure Villa are fairly important to him.

Not as significant as my friends and family either.....But that wasn't what was written was it?

He stated that he doesn't care what division Villa play in when football starts.  I do

He stated it was all pretty meaningless.  I disagree.  That doesn't mean I don't have a perspective.

Offline TheMalandro

« Reply #1802 on: April 06, 2020, 10:22:44 PM »

Yeah I know

Not as significant as my friends and family either.....But that wasn't what was written was it?

He stated that he doesn't care what division Villa play in when football starts.  I do

He stated it was all pretty meaningless.  I disagree.  That doesn't mean I don't have a perspective.

What's your point then?

It's his take on it!
He's not saying you have to agree.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1803 on: April 06, 2020, 10:33:05 PM »
I've not been able to see my kids and my 87 year old mother who is terrified for 2 weeks.

Could not give a shit about football to be honest.

And as for sky - as soon as I can get through they can go fuckthemselves. Charging same price for more United loving reruns is taking the piss beyond belief.

I will always love the villa but it pales into insignificance at the moment.

As for the players wages.they could have stopped all the flak if they had decided to make a gesture themselves without bej g told. I fear they could also face a backlash. As someone said above how could a Muppet like walker even face Pep again.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1804 on: April 06, 2020, 10:36:31 PM »
Hypothetically, let's say there is an improvement in the situation and the PL say start again on 1st July but there are still people suffering with the virus.  What happens if a club near the bottom of the table says they have a player or players that still have the virus or symptoms of it.  Do they cancel the restart until all clubs have a full clean bill of health.  If so, this could go on and on.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1805 on: April 06, 2020, 10:37:15 PM »
I've not been able to see my kids and my 87 year old mother who is terrified for 2 weeks.

Could not give a shit about football to be honest.

And as for sky - as soon as I can get through they can go fuckthemselves. Charging same price for more United loving reruns is taking the piss beyond belief.

I will always love the villa but it pales into insignificance at the moment.

As for the players wages.they could have stopped all the flak if they had decided to make a gesture themselves without bej g told. I fear they could also face a backlash. As someone said above how could a Muppet like walker even face Pep again.

You can pause your sky sports account at the moment and you can do it online.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1806 on: April 06, 2020, 10:47:06 PM »

Yeah I know

What's your point then?

It's his take on it!
My point?

You're the one who is posting after me.  I didn't have a point - I simply responded to a post disagreeing.

What's your point?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1807 on: April 06, 2020, 10:51:31 PM »
I think postponing indefinitely is the only way to go.

We don't know when football can start again, it may be that it can't start this calendar year and if so, finishing this season could work just fine, just a year behind. If the players change due to contracts then so be it.

Income would obviously be hit re the TV deals. But there's just no way of deciding and no rush either.

Offline TheMalandro

« Reply #1808 on: April 06, 2020, 10:57:52 PM »

Yeah I know

What's your point then?

It's his take on it!
My point?

You're the one who is posting after me.  I didn't have a point - I simply responded to a post disagreeing.

What's your point?

No problem, you didn't have a point.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1809 on: April 06, 2020, 11:04:32 PM »
Is it All Pile on to Brassneck Day?  What's he done?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1810 on: April 06, 2020, 11:07:39 PM »
Go back 6 weeks and I was studying our up coming fixtures wondering how many points we might get and could we survive in the prem. Then something came along and changed my perspective. I couldn't give a toss now if the season gets finished or not, neither could I care less that when another season starts we may be in a different division.  At this moment in time it doesn't matter to me as I have come to realise there are far more important things in life. And all I can say to the FA and EUFA is fuck off.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1811 on: April 06, 2020, 11:08:29 PM »

Yeah I know

What's your point then?

It's his take on it!
My point?

What's your point?

No. I disagreed with a comment. Is that not allowed any more?

You didn’t have a point either.  In fact you didn’t even manage to read the posts properly before sticking your oar in.

Offline TheMalandro

« Reply #1812 on: April 06, 2020, 11:17:07 PM »

Yeah I know

What's your point then?

It's his take on it!
My point?

What's your point?

You didn’t have a point either.  In fact you didn’t even manage to read the posts properly before sticking your oar in.

He gave his own opinion - that football doesn't matter.

You are arguing the toss.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1813 on: April 06, 2020, 11:22:43 PM »

Yeah I know

What's your point then?

It's his take on it!
My point?

What's your point?

He gave his own opinion - that football doesn't matter.

You are arguing the toss.

Aren’t I a naughty boy?  How dare I have my own feelings and opinions.

I’ll go and stand in the corner with a dunces cap on for an hour.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1814 on: April 06, 2020, 11:24:35 PM »
I genuinely couldn't give a shit about football, don't care when it starts again, don't care what division we are in when it does. It really is all pretty meaningless.

Absolutely agree 100%.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal