collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746762 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #1485 on: March 29, 2020, 11:16:06 PM »
Trump says the churches will be full on April 12th.  Can the football grounds be far behind?

Trump is also a complete fucking imbecile.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1486 on: March 29, 2020, 11:18:26 PM »
Trump says the churches will be full on April 12th.  Can the football grounds be far behind?

Trump is also a complete fucking imbecile.

He ain't that clever

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #1487 on: March 30, 2020, 12:11:48 AM »
I pity the sane logical Americans who have to scratch their heads as nearly half their nation is besotted by a gas lighting lying git who can't put two sentences together.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1488 on: March 30, 2020, 01:31:26 AM »
I can see quite a big link between anyone who agreed with this, and anyone who has never been to a match in their life

Nail on the head.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #1489 on: March 30, 2020, 06:28:12 AM »
I can see quite a big link between anyone who agreed with this, and anyone who says they support Liverpool and has never been to a match in their life

You missed out a bit.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1490 on: March 30, 2020, 07:16:08 AM »
The PL and its paymasters have revealed themselves to be what they are - grasping fucknuts who are obsessing about nothing but money - the only reason they want the league finished. Every other business in the world is going to take a massive financial hit but no, not the PL.  The season must be finished, Liverpool must be crowned champions. It is what it is - set against a backdrop of people losing their lives every day, utterly repugnant.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1491 on: March 30, 2020, 09:05:37 AM »
I blame the effect of living in Walsall.
I’m in stonnal these days but it hasn’t improved my brain cell count
How's the tree doing?

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #1492 on: March 30, 2020, 09:13:37 AM »
I blame the effect of living in Walsall.
I’m in stonnal these days but it hasn’t improved my brain cell count
How's the tree doing?
Fine but lonely like many of us in these times.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1493 on: March 30, 2020, 10:55:07 AM »
The batshit desperate chasing of ways to get out of owing Sky a load of money is frankly grotesque.

Who gives a fuck about your shitty league?

Quite, another frankly embarrassing idea.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1494 on: March 30, 2020, 12:09:18 PM »
in a very long list of Grade A fuckwittery

Offline CyprusVillain

« Reply #1495 on: March 30, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
I'll beg your indulgence in reporting this from earlier this week. After the 'performance' of our captain, and the clear choice he could have made to conduct himself otherwise. This needs to be reiterated.

As I posted earlier in the week..............................

I've had enough - This needs to be said.

I'm a teacher, I am carrying on teaching, looking after the children of essential workers in inner Birmingham.

I've been waiting for this news....and waiting....and waiting....so I thought I'd imagine how it would be reported if it happened.

Hats Off To Villa Stars (Daily Mail 26/03/20)

'Hats off to Villa Captain Jack Grealish for being the first Premier League player to pledge a month's salary to local children's charity, Accorns. The £35,000 a week Villa talisman was also quick to enlist the support of his Villa Team mates who have also made similar pledges in this time of need. Grealish was quoted in the local media, whilst self isolating at home, 'Aston Villa has a very strong link with its fans and the local community, for us, making a donation of this kind is just a small gesture, giving back to those people who are giving so much in this time of need.'

As of the 26th of March, and three weeks into the crisis, this claret and blue initiative stands along side similar donations by Premier League footballers. Kevin De Bruyne of Manchester City, Alexis Sanchez and Paul Pogba, both of Manchester United were the first to step forward a week ago and galvinised player support for those in need.

As De Bruyne commented over the weekend, 'we do a job we love and the amount we earn is quite obviously obscene. Its quite obvious who the essential workers are in the community and its not the bankers, club owners, chief executives.' He went on, 'we use to call them the little people - the refuse collectors and cleaners, nurses and shop workers - not any more, that's why we are all happy to donate to a charity of our club's choice.'

As I approach my sixth decade, the fabled connection between player and supporter is, shall we say, frayed.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:52:03 PM by CyprusVillain »

Offline CyprusVillain

« Reply #1496 on: March 30, 2020, 07:31:16 PM »
There is a point reached where the cash nexus utterly compromises the human impulses of group association, human solidarity and the adrenaline rush of a football match. False choice I know, but who would I rather stand with at a time like this - Jack Grealish or my local binman, nurse or shopworker?

I genuinely feel sorry for those people who do not experience this crisis as a time in which to reflect on the priorities we bring to life.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:42:46 PM by CyprusVillain »

Offline CyprusVillain

« Reply #1497 on: March 30, 2020, 07:45:38 PM »
Oh, and well done Grealish, thanks for making a charitable donation as may have been prompted by my earlier post.......but because it was a requirement imposed on you by the club.......as a way for atoning for your sins.....I mean.....Jesus.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 07:49:12 PM by CyprusVillain »

Offline CyprusVillain

« Reply #1498 on: March 30, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »
Oh, and well done a second time.....I know feel so much more affinity with a bluenose co-worker who has refused to attend St Andrews for many years since the dislocation between player and supporter became so obvious. I'm standing with him.......not you.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1499 on: March 30, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »
I doubt if that was prompted by your earlier post to be fair. Just the correct course of action by the club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal