collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[June 03, 2024, 11:33:53 PM]

Kits 24/25 by j66acd
[June 03, 2024, 10:41:45 PM]

Season Tickets by Aldridge Villa
[June 03, 2024, 10:31:44 PM]

Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Monty
[June 03, 2024, 09:27:43 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Re: Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[June 03, 2024, 11:33:53 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by Percy McCarthy
[June 03, 2024, 11:26:49 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by pauliewalnuts
[June 03, 2024, 11:15:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by adrenachrome
[June 03, 2024, 11:14:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 767617 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #6345 on: December 19, 2021, 01:50:53 PM »
The Club has a responsibility to the fans as well as the PL. If you have system where its possible for a game to be called off at that late point then you tell people that is the case. I didn't see anyone on here waiting for the 1pm heads-up from the club because no-one knew that was the case. I presume most people like me assumed by 12pm it was definitely going ahead.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #6346 on: December 19, 2021, 01:52:51 PM »
So Chelsea requested for their game against Wolves to be delayed/postponed but this was rejected.
Boxing Day game will surely be off.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #6347 on: December 19, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
Buendia tweeted in the morning "Game on!"

It's 95% the Premier League's fault, but then it's not like the club explicitly said "as things stand we've got enough players to play, but everybody is taking PCR tests daily, so if the results come through on Saturday morning there's no guarantee we'll still have enough players."

Whole things is an absoute clusterfuck.

Didn’t Gerard say pretty much exactly that in his press conference, & isn’t that absolutely obvious anyway. They are testing daily, on any given day there can be a number of additional positive tests. The timings and processing will be set by the PL who should have called this game off when it was one of only 2 still on - it was pretty obvious where we were headed.
…& I certainly did set out from the north with half a mind that the game could be called off before we got there, because it had already happened to another game in the week.

No I don't think it was that obvious at all. All Gerrard said in respect of Covid and the Premier League was that he was worried about the extra games players were having to play because other players were unavailable. Nothing about us possibly missing games because of tests at all.

He said something like ‘as of today I have a team in mind, but day to day you don’t know whether more players will test positive’.
Another game was cancelled at only a couple of hours notice earlier in the week.
We already had several positive tests is the camp. It was always likely there’s be more because it doesn’t show up for a few days after infection, by the time El Ghazi, Steer & Samson tested positive, it was always likely that they’d already passed it on.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #6348 on: December 19, 2021, 02:08:22 PM »
Was absolutely fuming.  Arrived at New Street Station and was told by a distressed looking family that it had been Postponed. Many had travelled from all over the country and  even the world for this match and to call it off at such short notice was an absolute disgrace.

My Hangover is even worse now with the extra 90 minutes of Drinking too.

Hopefully the Chelsea game is Called Off tomorrow as with the alarming rate of cases it just isn't safe

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6349 on: December 19, 2021, 02:30:01 PM »
Was absolutely fuming.  Arrived at New Street Station and was told by a distressed looking family that it had been Postponed. Many had travelled from all over the country and  even the world for this match and to call it off at such short notice was an absolute disgrace.

Hopefully the Chelsea game is Called Off tomorrow as with the alarming rate of cases it just isn't safe

Didn’t you go to the ground anyway and shake a fist at all those empty seats?

You must have been raging.

Offline wince

« Reply #6350 on: December 19, 2021, 02:51:26 PM »

So now do you realise why there were tickets available for games?

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #6351 on: December 19, 2021, 03:26:06 PM »
So Chelsea requested for their game against Wolves to be delayed/postponed but this was rejected.
Boxing Day game will surely be off.

The matches that have gone ahead are all televised ones. Therefore as Villa Chelsea is the boxing day TV game  I would assume it's a go-er.
Unless the Monday meeting outcome is a xmas holiday in dubai for the players.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #6352 on: December 19, 2021, 03:56:54 PM »
The Club has a responsibility to the fans as well as the PL. If you have system where its possible for a game to be called off at that late point then you tell people that is the case. I didn't see anyone on here waiting for the 1pm heads-up from the club because no-one knew that was the case. I presume most people like me assumed by 12pm it was definitely going ahead.

Yeah I just assume they'd do the tests at 8am-9am and get things back by 10am at latest.

Seems results were in at 11am (which would've been enough notice for locals and even Burnley fans) but for some reason premier league didn't decide until half 12 which is pretty poor.

Surely all teams should be staying at hotels the night before games now so it's quicker to do tests when they wake up rather than waiting for them to come into the training ground at whatever time on the Saturday morning?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #6353 on: December 19, 2021, 03:58:56 PM »
McGinn watching his brother at cup final. Hopefully he asked Gerrard's permission as even though he's in brilliant form currently it's perhaps not the wisest thing to be travelling across half the U.K presently with the risks involved.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6354 on: December 19, 2021, 03:59:16 PM »

Yeah I just assume they'd do the tests at 8am-9am and get things back by 10am at latest.

Seems results were in at 11am (which would've been enough notice for locals and even Burnley fans) but for some reason premier league didn't decide until half 12 which is pretty poor.

Surely all teams should be staying at hotels the night before games now so it's quicker to do tests when they wake up rather than waiting for them to come into the training ground at whatever time on the Saturday morning?

The tests were done on Friday morning, the results don't come back until the following day.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #6355 on: December 19, 2021, 04:05:05 PM »

The tests were done on Friday morning, the results don't come back until the following day.

Oh right.....24 hours when LFT take less than an hour to get result?

Seems a bit odd to me that when players would've probably been at home on Friday evening, mixing with kids and partner and could easily get infected then and potentially play a match with covid.

The whole testing procedure dosen't feel the most watertight unless they need special tests given they're high level athletes compared to us mere mortals, would help if premier league put reasons on their website as to how they do it and so you get these very late call offs.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6356 on: December 19, 2021, 04:07:59 PM »
They are using PCR tests and a 24 hour turnaround is ridiculous.
I got my result quicker through the NHS testing centre. There are private Labs offering 4 hour turnaround.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #6357 on: December 19, 2021, 05:53:52 PM »
Buendia tweeted in the morning "Game on!"

It's 95% the Premier League's fault, but then it's not like the club explicitly said "as things stand we've got enough players to play, but everybody is taking PCR tests daily, so if the results come through on Saturday morning there's no guarantee we'll still have enough players."

Whole things is an absoute clusterfuck.

Didn’t Gerard say pretty much exactly that in his press conference, & isn’t that absolutely obvious anyway. They are testing daily, on any given day there can be a number of additional positive tests. The timings and processing will be set by the PL who should have called this game off when it was one of only 2 still on - it was pretty obvious where we were headed.
…& I certainly did set out from the north with half a mind that the game could be called off before we got there, because it had already happened to another game in the week.

Not everyone was lucky enough to have The Twang as a consolation. How was it?

Excellent. How come you didn’t go? Didn’t you have tickets for it?

We actually wouldn’t have travelled if it weren’t for the fact that I had a £120 hotel booking because of that gig which I couldn’t cancel after the 15th.

I also spent all day wondering whether the twang might be called off too I was glad it wasn’t but we did travel thinking that if we were unlucky, neither thing would be on & we’d end up maybe just making the most of an over night in Brum.

The twang was definitely a major consolation, & made the trip well worthwhile  (along with meeting up with C & The Coopers for a few jars) but that doesn’t change my point. We travelled knowing BOTH things we were travelling for were in the balance because of the escalation in concerns over the past week.

I’m not going to anything apart from work amfy. I’m not taking unnecessary risks of catching it and giving it to the kids.

I put the tickets back on ticketmaster last week. Don’t know yet if they sold them.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 05:58:12 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6358 on: December 19, 2021, 06:42:19 PM »

Such a shame, couldn't have happened to a nicer poster.  Those bastards at Villa protecting themselves and thousands of people from what many people have died from.  The fuckers.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6359 on: December 19, 2021, 07:05:44 PM »
They're taking LFT's to see whether players can take part in games and twice weekly PCR's. So Friday all the players that came back with positive PCR results will have all been mixing with the rest of the squad. No wonder so many squads are having outbreaks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal