collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 10:27:22 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:27:02 AM]

Season Tickets by rougegorge
[Today at 10:26:46 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Drummond
[Today at 10:04:29 AM]

Kits 24/25 by sid1964
[Today at 09:57:32 AM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by robleflaneur
[Today at 09:48:48 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 767659 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #3150 on: May 02, 2020, 01:12:19 PM »
It seems to me the government are very keen to get football going again and so I can’t imagine they will be doing anything to stop this happening. A few weeks ago they were having a go at the players over salaries, now they are coaxing them into a return.

The 5 tests to ease lockdown are subjective, and I reckon next week they will announce something with regards to elite sport.

The claim about integrity is silly really.The integrity of the league to finish by removing home advantage, removing crowds, potentially allowing more subs (that benefits the stronger squads), momentum lost, it is really a mini season that will have more in common with the next season than this one.

The PL have had plenty of opportunities to pour cold water on this but the noises coming out of each meeting in the media all seems to be of cautious optimism.

Madness.

There is a very definite picture building here, today the news seeping through is that the Tories want the lockdown finished by late May, just after the last bank holiday, apparently the PM is under massive pressure by the big beasts of the Tories, the so called donors to the party to get this lockdown finished at any cost, this is now the defining moment, this is the time when life takes a backwards step to money, this is what separates us from most other countries, those at the top will have there way the rest of us are just cannon fodder, expect to see the daily death rate figure fiddled.

Of course this will then fall in line with the start of football in June, how convenient, have to say the Tories came to power on the vote of the Midland and Northern working class who for some reason rejected Labour, Boris is playing with fire here, if he gets this wrong regardless of his massive majority he will be gone.
Just listen to yourself.  Why doe this have to be about the Tories?  Kier Starmer has been pushing for an exit stategy for 2 weeks now.  The problem with politics is that peole who are so massively invested in it and intrenched in their position will seek any opportunity to spout their rubbish, to create a phantom to fit their own agenda.  Just leave it out of football threads please comrade.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3151 on: May 02, 2020, 01:22:43 PM »
It seems to me the government are very keen to get football going again and so I can’t imagine they will be doing anything to stop this happening. A few weeks ago they were having a go at the players over salaries, now they are coaxing them into a return.

The 5 tests to ease lockdown are subjective, and I reckon next week they will announce something with regards to elite sport.

The claim about integrity is silly really.The integrity of the league to finish by removing home advantage, removing crowds, potentially allowing more subs (that benefits the stronger squads), momentum lost, it is really a mini season that will have more in common with the next season than this one.

The PL have had plenty of opportunities to pour cold water on this but the noises coming out of each meeting in the media all seems to be of cautious optimism.

Madness.

There is a very definite picture building here, today the news seeping through is that the Tories want the lockdown finished by late May, just after the last bank holiday, apparently the PM is under massive pressure by the big beasts of the Tories, the so called donors to the party to get this lockdown finished at any cost, this is now the defining moment, this is the time when life takes a backwards step to money, this is what separates us from most other countries, those at the top will have there way the rest of us are just cannon fodder, expect to see the daily death rate figure fiddled.

Of course this will then fall in line with the start of football in June, how convenient, have to say the Tories came to power on the vote of the Midland and Northern working class who for some reason rejected Labour, Boris is playing with fire here, if he gets this wrong regardless of his massive majority he will be gone.
Just listen to yourself.  Why doe this have to be about the Tories?  Kier Starmer has been pushing for an exit stategy for 2 weeks now.  The problem with politics is that peole who are so massively invested in it and intrenched in their position will seek any opportunity to spout their rubbish, to create a phantom to fit their own agenda.  Just leave it out of football threads please comrade.

You absolutely cannot leave politics out of any aspect of the current situation. As has been said previous, getting the Premier League back is part of the bread & circuses approach that has worked so far for Boris Johnson in everything.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #3152 on: May 02, 2020, 01:39:13 PM »
Yet Boris is being far more cautious about ending the lockdown than many on all sides would like.  He's also coming under pressure from Starmer to do so.  But this doesn't feed into the leftish narrative.  But yeah, if the PL comes back it will all be down to Boris and his agenda to fuck over the masses.

Online ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #3153 on: May 02, 2020, 01:40:42 PM »
Well it kept the Roman peasants happy for decades.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #3154 on: May 02, 2020, 01:43:09 PM »
Yet Boris is being far more cautious about ending the lockdown than many on all sides would like.  He's also coming under pressure from Starmer to do so.  But this doesn't feed into the leftish narrative.  But yeah, if the PL comes back it will all be down to Boris and his agenda to fuck over the masses.

Said nobody, ever.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #3155 on: May 02, 2020, 01:48:35 PM »

Said nobody, ever.
It's essentially what comrade Bo is inferring above.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #3156 on: May 02, 2020, 01:50:11 PM »

Said nobody, ever.

Obviously the view from the top of Mt Moral is different from what the rest of us can see.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #3157 on: May 02, 2020, 01:51:40 PM »

Said nobody, ever.

Obviously the view from the top of Mt Moral is different from what the rest of us can see.
Do you actually read posts before you jump in as arbiter?  His inference is there for all to see.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3158 on: May 02, 2020, 01:51:44 PM »

The bold bit just isn't true, Starmer is pressing for him to make public the mechanism by which the lockdown can be ended and the longer term plans that will be in place to ensure we limit the risk of a 2nd wave. Again though, this is just a chance for you to slag off the opinions of anyone who disagrees with you by acting like you understand their views better than they do.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #3159 on: May 02, 2020, 01:54:33 PM »

The bold bit just isn't true, Starmer is pressing for him to make public the mechanism by which the lockdown can be ended and the longer term plans that will be in place to ensure we limit the risk of a 2nd wave. Again though, this is just a chance for you to slag off the opinions of anyone who disagrees with you by acting like you understand their views better than they do.
No it's not Paul.  Are you trying to understand my views better than I do?

Offline garyellis

« Reply #3160 on: May 02, 2020, 01:58:04 PM »

Madness.

An exit strategy does not equate to abandoning the current restrictions in place quicker than Boris would want to.
It's the how not the when.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #3161 on: May 02, 2020, 01:58:05 PM »

Your last two posts seem to have a bit of double standards about them.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3162 on: May 02, 2020, 02:00:12 PM »

You going to provide any evidence to back yourself up or just sulk again like usual?

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #3163 on: May 02, 2020, 02:13:58 PM »

You going to provide any evidence to back yourself up or just sulk again like usual?
Evidence of what?  That Bo brought up the Tories pushing for an end to lockdown and those at the top will have there way the rest of us are just cannon fodder in a discussion about the PL deciding whether to finish the season or not?  Or that Stamer is trying to build a narrative that the Government were slow to lockdown, slow with PPE, slow to test and is laying the groundwork for him to be able to say they were slow to ease the lockdown if it suits his case to do so at a later date?

The evidence of ther former is on the page before and the latter just seems like pretty a transparent strategy that I don't feel the need to provide evidence for.

I'm not a particulaly political person but it just irritates me when people bring it up in the way Bo did.  I have not intention in getting in a debate with you about it, if I wanted to waste my life that way I'd spend more time in off topic letting you educate me about how much you know about everything.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #3164 on: May 02, 2020, 03:11:59 PM »
Starmer wants to know what measures are planned post lockdown so that these can be discussed cross party. Don’t think he is putting pressure on the government to end the lockdown, where has that come from?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal