collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Southampton 2-0 Utterly gash Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 27324 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Southampton 2-0 Utterly gash Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2020, 08:53:20 PM »
We've now lost 43 of our last 65 top flight games and conceded 128 goals in them. That, is depressingly shit.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2020, 08:58:41 PM »
I dont buy that at all, if we go down then we'll lose Jack without a doubt but we'll keep anybody else that we choose too.

So if we have the likes of Mings and others wanting Premiership football, demanding to be let go, we should keep them no matter what.

Our owners have already shown that they wont be fucked about in the transfer market, theres a massive inferiority complex amongst a big section of our support.

Then our owners are going to have a very unhappy ship, nothing worse than players showing discontent, I would be amazed if Premiership clubs come in for our better players and those player's want away because Villa are being relegated, they are told to stay. They will be sold, at the right price.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2020, 08:59:30 PM »
I dont buy that at all, if we go down then we'll lose Jack without a doubt but we'll keep anybody else that we choose too.

So if we have the likes of Mings and others wanting Premiership football, demanding to be let go, we should keep them no matter what.

Our owners have already shown that they wont be fucked about in the transfer market, theres a massive inferiority complex amongst a big section of our support.
That's wishful thinking I'm afraid.  There have been countless examples of players who don't want to stay at their club, and are coveted by other clubs, getting their move.  There's nothing to be gained by keeping a player - who's almost certainly on big money - who doesn't want to be there.  It's not for nothing that these days it's said that contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2020, 09:00:18 PM »
We've now lost 43 of our last 65 top flight games and conceded 128 goals in them. That, is depressingly shit.
I think the club needs to fold. Someone turn the lights out. If we were a horse we'd have been shot and packaged into a tesco microwave meal a long time ago.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2020, 09:02:37 PM »

That's wishful thinking I'm afraid.  There have been countless examples of players who don't want to stay at their club, and are coveted by other clubs, getting their move.  There's nothing to be gained by keeping a player - who's almost certainly on big money - who doesn't want to be there.  It's not for nothing that these days it's said that contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Absolutely correct, furthermore you get a player that doesn't want to be there, Pogba a case in question, you will not get a consistent performance from him no matter what you do, right club, right price , they're history.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2020, 09:03:58 PM »

Then our owners are going to have a very unhappy ship, nothing worse than players showing discontent, I would be amazed if Premiership clubs come in for our better players and those player's want away because Villa are being relegated, they are told to stay. They will be sold, at the right price.

Who is going to show discontent if we go? Theres only really Luiz that I believe has the attitude push for a move.

When Fulham went down who played there face for a move? Off the top of my head they sold Seesegnon but kept the likes of Cairney and Mitriovc.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2020, 09:09:39 PM »
Who is going to show discontent if we go? Theres only really Luiz that I believe has the attitude push for a move.

When Fulham went down who played there face for a move? Off the top of my head they sold Seesegnon but kept the likes of Cairney and Mitriovc.
It could be any of them.  Players who think they should be playing in the Premier League, players with international ambitions, some of our overseas players who haven't settled, players who have relegation clauses, players who get linked with top 6 clubs, you name it.

Generally speaking it'll be the players who know this is the best they're likely to get who won't make a fuss.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2020, 09:14:47 PM »
Just home. That was utter, utter shit. The whole team and coaching staff should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Not a single exception or positive - you bunch of bastards.

Online VillaBoy_23

« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2020, 09:15:02 PM »
Can’t believe Reina is getting off so easily. His ‘effort’ to get back into goal after the corner that led to their second goal was shameful. If that’s the ‘experience’ he offers I'd rather he fucked back off to Italy and we played Nyland for the rest of the season.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2020, 09:16:27 PM »
Can’t believe Reina is getting off so easily. His ‘effort’ to get back into goal after the corner that led to their second goal was shameful.

He was shite for the first but I have no issues with the 2nd.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2020, 09:19:33 PM »
Can’t believe Reina is getting off so easily. His ‘effort’ to get back into goal after the corner that led to their second goal was shameful. If that’s the ‘experience’ he offers I'd rather he fucked back off to Italy and we played Nyland for the rest of the season.

His Kicking was poor all game which kept causing us issues ...

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2020, 09:27:23 PM »

It was like he was on a different planet today. We were quite close behind the goal and his poor kicking was becoming laughable. The second goal was the just the icing on the cake today.

Offline somersetlion

« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2020, 09:29:46 PM »
I said back in August that our season would be defined by how we did against, amongst others, the south coast trio.  Well that's now Brighton and Southampton who've done the double over us.
Erm, we beat and drew with Brighton?  Maybe you mean Bournemouth

Online VillaBoy_23

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2020, 09:39:50 PM »
Can’t believe Reina is getting off so easily. His ‘effort’ to get back into goal after the corner that led to their second goal was shameful.

He was shite for the first but I have no issues with the 2nd.

I managed to keep my cool until then when I gave him a piece of my mind. Not that he heard it from where I was standing I was so far back!

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2020, 09:50:32 PM »
We stink of relegation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal