collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Snooker by Exeter 77
[Today at 09:02:11 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by FatSam
[Today at 08:58:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 08:55:36 PM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by brontebilly
[Today at 08:55:16 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by eamonn
[Today at 08:50:37 PM]

The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by Rotterdam
[Today at 08:42:17 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 08:12:47 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by OCD
[Today at 08:09:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Snooker by Exeter 77
[Today at 09:02:11 PM]

Re: Joe Gauci - Signed by FatSam
[Today at 08:58:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 08:55:36 PM]

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by brontebilly
[Today at 08:55:16 PM]

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by LeeB
[Today at 08:52:49 PM]

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by brontebilly
[Today at 08:51:05 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by eamonn
[Today at 08:50:37 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 08:43:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Worried Over Villa Future  (Read 575903 times)

Offline Mazrim

Fans Worried Over Villa Future
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2005, 01:04:42 PM »
Risso, I do believe this squad will get steadily better throughout the season. I've not seen anything from any other team bar Chelsea and maybe Man Utd to say that if we get a good run together we wont climb the league and challenge for a European place.

There are a few problems to iron out but we are showing [In my opinion] that we can score goals and play some good attacking football. Hopefully as the season progresses, we will settle down and be consistently strong.

We still have a very young team that are learning their trade and each others games. I'm certainly not worried about mixing it up at the wrong end of the table and I do expect a good run of results pretty soon.

Offline Oscar Goldman

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2005, 01:25:05 PM »
How very dare you feel positive about Aston Villa, Mazrim.

There’s only one word for your kind –

Supporter!

Offline ianrobo

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2005, 01:27:05 PM »
I'm very positive for the future

Offline NeilH

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2005, 01:28:39 PM »
Quote from: "ianrobo"
Neil, not sure why you think there is no consortuim because if there isn't Ellis should be jailed.

We don;t know who is involved but everyone excepts Ellis's time is over even him so we can just to who is bidding.

I was referring to the fact that just because he is talking doesn't make it a done deal by any stetch.

Where is the evidence that Ellis is about to accept? I think Doug's tenure is coming to a close, but there is nothing as yet to confirm if he is going to sell, or merely step aside his chairmanship role to someone else on the board.

Offline GaryShaw

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2005, 01:30:36 PM »
I have been thinking about the VFCFearshareholdersgroup since the AGM and i have to admit they/he are still annoying. Get a fuckin girlfriend or take up a hobby but please stop releasing stupid press releases claiming all villa fans feel the same as you and your bedroom revolution gang.

You never answer questions put to you from the fans you claim to speak for, so im walking out.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2005, 01:30:47 PM »
To be fair I usually agree with Risso. I'm nowhere near content with the Ellis era and although I do think he has done his best or at least cares a lot about Villa I do want him to quit now and sell Villa to folks who can take it forward.

I dont doubt for a second that if Dougula does sell Villa, it will be to somebody who can and will take us forward and I think its exciting but the current squad is young and potentially exciting. Its going to be a bit turbulent to start with but eventually we will have a great team.

Even better if we can add to our best players with a few world class performers courtesy of our new benefactors.

Offline ianrobo

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2005, 01:35:51 PM »
Got to go out now !!!

busy time typing this

Basically Neil if he was simply handing over to stride then why all the emotion on Sunday, he has seen us beat Blooz before, there is something else. He is openly talking about consortuims, he has set his own deadline of a month, he has not said anything about wanting to stay on.

the signs are that he is going.

If he wanted to hand over to Stride that could have been done at the AGM biut instead he annouced thaat we were in detailed talks on takeover.

It is happening

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2005, 01:43:18 PM »
Are you the same Ian who said when the Cisneros deal was first mooted that Doug was hanging on and it was only a matter of time?

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2005, 01:43:50 PM »
If things are happening then I think we can be confident that ellis won't sell out to a bunch of asset strippers.  However, how many of you lot feel like me and are a bit concerned that there hasn't been any indication of the identity of at least one of these consortiums?

Offline NeilH

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2005, 01:48:58 PM »
Sunday's emotion was an old man, in his twilight years savouring a win for the club he loves, in the knowledge that it'll probably be his last as chairman of the club, as he will retire very shortly. Anything else is just conjecture and we can make up all the conspiracy theories we want, but all we know right now is that we've had an approach that he is listening to. Hardly big news at the moment

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2005, 01:51:21 PM »
Quote from: "Risso"
Well at least it looks like it got Disco posting again, so it's not all bad.

Another pseudonym -  and I thought that H&V had unearthed another writer with a very similar repartee.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2005, 01:54:21 PM »
Richard We are a PLc and Ellis on national TV (sky) said that tehre were two consortuims, this has an immediate impact on shareprices, thus if he lies he was misleading the city and shareholders that is a jailable offence.

I don't believe for one minute he is lying I firmly believe he has agreed a price and now all that is left is the fine print.

He is paving the way with teh training ground being his monument to the club as he could not build the North Stand,

I am thinking of an Ellis free future by December.

If he is paving the way -  can we call him John the Baptist from now on?

Offline Oscar Goldman

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2005, 01:56:17 PM »
Whatever you say about Doug he must be a very forgiving person.

After all ianrobo has said about old Deadly over the years it’s clear the guy has magnanimously decided to share all of his future plans with his long-time adversary whom he fondly refers to as ‘Who?’.

Offline Andy Poole

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2005, 01:56:51 PM »
NeilH wrote
Sunday's emotion was an old man, in his twilight years savouring a win for the club he loves, in the knowledge that it'll probably be his last as chairman of the club, as he will retire very shortly. Anything else is just conjecture

Surely that is conjecture?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2005, 01:59:18 PM »
Quote from: "Lee"
Richard We are a PLc and Ellis on national TV (sky) said that tehre were two consortuims, this has an immediate impact on shareprices, thus if he lies he was misleading the city and shareholders that is a jailable offence.

Norman Stanley Herbert Douglas Ellis.

You have pleaded guilty to the charge of taking the piss out of Ian Robathan, and it is now my duty....

You know the rest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal