collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: In Dublin for the match...  (Read 6670 times)

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
Re: In Dublin for the match...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 09:35:59 AM »
Any Villains in Amsterdam for the match? I am at a 50th birthday weekend and need to find somewhere to watch it...

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 11:18:42 AM »
Any Villains in Amsterdam for the match? I am at a 50th birthday weekend and need to find somewhere to watch it...

Try an Irish Bar :-)

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 06:56:01 PM »
Irish Lions meet in Buskers on the Ball on fleet street in temple bar I believe. The downside is that it is in temple bar, which is basically broad street with more tourists.

Thanks Ger, I can put up with that for a couple of hours. (Temple Bar that is, not Broad Street).

It's not bad in there at all. You might get given a card to get discounted drinks and there's free grub at half time (well, there was when we went). The chap who runs it, Philip is a jolly decent bloke. Have a good day.

Nice one. Valentines/wifey’s birthday trip, Friday to Monday, plenty of time for romance, paying homage to 1916, and football. It’s fine though, she’s Villa as as well.

I never make it because of busy family stuff when I'm over there but my cousin in Dublin has tried a few times to get me tickets to Kilmainham. Apparently it's a brilliant tour - if you can take the anti English rhetoric.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 07:01:07 PM »
Irish Lions meet in Buskers on the Ball on fleet street in temple bar I believe. The downside is that it is in temple bar, which is basically broad street with more tourists.

Thanks Ger, I can put up with that for a couple of hours. (Temple Bar that is, not Broad Street).

It's not bad in there at all. You might get given a card to get discounted drinks and there's free grub at half time (well, there was when we went). The chap who runs it, Philip is a jolly decent bloke. Have a good day.

Nice one. Valentines/wifey’s birthday trip, Friday to Monday, plenty of time for romance, paying homage to 1916, and football. It’s fine though, she’s Villa as as well.

I never make it because of busy family stuff when I'm over there but my cousin in Dublin has tried a few times to get me tickets to Kilmainham. Apparently it's a brilliant tour - if you can take the anti English rhetoric.

You do know me, right Pat?

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 07:53:31 PM »

Try an Irish Bar :-)

You are on fire!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 08:02:14 PM »

Thought you may spot the sarcasm!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »

Thought you may spot the sarcasm!

Haha, whoops!

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »
Kilmainham tour is really good, from memory I didn't think the rhetoric was particularly anti-English, it was telling it as it was without dramatics.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2020, 08:34:50 AM »
Excellent is the word I'd use for the tour of Kilmainham jail.  A must-do for any visitor to Dublin if they have the time, you could be in there all day.  Also, value for money*

* I don't know how much it is at present but it was €4 when we went, I'm sure it would be double that now.

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2020, 08:57:26 AM »
Is Kilmainham where they filmed "The Italian Job" gaol scene with Noel Coward? 

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »
Kilmainham tour is really good, from memory I didn't think the rhetoric was particularly anti-English, it was telling it as it was without dramatics.
Three best tours I've ever done have been in jails. Kilmainham, Crumlin Road and Shrewsbury (this one was the best by a mile).  The execution cell at Shrewsbury is also painted claret and blue in honour of the midlands finest

Images here

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
Three best tours I've ever done have been in jails. Kilmainham, Crumlin Road and Shrewsbury (this one was the best by a mile).  The execution cell at Shrewsbury is also painted claret and blue in honour of the midlands finest

Images here

They're not as much fun when they're filled with inmates, I can tell you that.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 09:42:54 AM »

Images here

"Inmates" They're call prisoners now!

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 09:48:42 AM »

Images here

Is it still ok to call them "badduns ?"

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »

Images here

Is it still ok to call them "badduns ?"
As ever, it depends who’s listening ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal