collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 148919 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #870 on: July 10, 2020, 09:49:15 AM »
After beating Watford at home I thought three more wins would do it. We have played a lot of football,  against some pretty mediocre outfits since then, and haven't managed one win.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #871 on: July 10, 2020, 09:55:20 AM »
After beating Watford at home I thought three more wins would do it. We have played a lot of football,  against some pretty mediocre outfits since then, and haven't managed one win.

After Watford, we needed to then win 3 more games for safety. THREE. The form is disgraceful and heads will roll

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #872 on: July 10, 2020, 09:57:43 AM »
We simply are nowhere near good enough to have any hope of staying up, which is some going in a league as bad as this year's.  Shame on them all.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #873 on: July 10, 2020, 10:37:42 AM »
I know the season was suspended but we haven't won a game since January. Nearly six months without a win. It's just desperate.

Offline ez

« Reply #874 on: July 10, 2020, 12:12:39 PM »
I accepted relegation ages ago. Just yesterday I said I want to see us win 1 game before the season ends. Realistically I'd like to see us score a goal before the end of the season.
The club did too AFAIC. We've struggled since the start of d member and here we are 7 months later and thos in charge have done nothing. It's fucking negligence the bunch of charlatans.

P.s. I don't want Smith at this club now let alone next season. He has been a disaster and is miles out if his depth.

The owners are behaving very strangely doing nothing. It pisses me right off that clubs like Everton and Southampton were struggling and acted upon it and now they're safe. West Ham look like surviving too.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #875 on: July 10, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
I accepted relegation ages ago. Just yesterday I said I want to see us win 1 game before the season ends. Realistically I'd like to see us score a goal before the end of the season.
The club did too AFAIC. We've struggled since the start of d member and here we are 7 months later and thos in charge have done nothing. It's fucking negligence the bunch of charlatans.

P.s. I don't want Smith at this club now let alone next season. He has been a disaster and is miles out if his depth.

The owners are behaving very strangely doing nothing. It pisses me right off that clubs like Everton and Southampton were struggling and acted upon it and now they're safe. West Ham look like surviving too.

Have are you saying that Southampton reacted? By keeping their manager?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #876 on: July 10, 2020, 12:31:19 PM »
I’ll be a lot more surprised with 4 games to go if we stay up this season than I was that we went up last year with 4 games to go.

Last year seemed like we had an unstoppable momentum to go up, this year it’s the complete opposite.  I was so looking forward to mid table mediocrity too.

Offline ez

« Reply #877 on: July 10, 2020, 12:41:54 PM »

Have are you saying that Southampton reacted? By keeping their manager?

My mistake.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #878 on: July 10, 2020, 12:51:26 PM »
The best we can hope for is that Palace are on the beach and everyone else loses everything and we get a pop at West Ham for 3 points to keep us up. Do I think that will happen? No.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #879 on: July 10, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »
Gary Cahill injured his hamstring v Chelsea so he won't play. I think we'll score v Palace but we'll strill struggle to keep a clean sheet with what they have in final third.

We have at best a 5% chance of staying up. Doomsday scenario is Watford and West Ham win double on Saturday which would leave us 8 points off survival when you factor in GD and after Palace there's only 9 points left to play for.

Need to hope one of the Watford/West Ham will drop points and we start aswell as we did last night and hopefully score and taking things from there.

2 points off 17th with 3 games left and it's still in the balance.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #880 on: July 10, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »
Yeah, I’d agree - it feels like a pretty pivotal weekend. If we can reduce the gap, we are in with a decent chance, but even just maintaining it at four points would feel like there is too much to do in too little time.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #881 on: July 10, 2020, 04:47:43 PM »
At this point, I would absolutely snap your hand off for us to have a fighting chance going into the final game.  Playing West Ham knowing a win would (or even 'could') keep us up would be massive.  Three weeks ago I thought that was the absolute worst situation we could be in. 

Right now, it's probably the best we can hope for.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #882 on: July 12, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »
Let's try again:

Everton 1-2 Villa
West Ham 2-0 Watford

Villa 0-1 Arsenal
Watford 0-3 Man. City

Arsenal 2-1 Watford
West Ham 1-1 Villa

I think with that we stay up on 34 points and goals scored.

We must beat Everton given what they produced today and also West Ham beating Watford makes far more sense than the other two possible results as they'd be on the beach for final day.

There's still a chance.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #883 on: July 12, 2020, 04:28:08 PM »
Keeping my fingers crossed. If you offered me 5 points from the next 3 games I would probably take it

Offline Damo70

« Reply #884 on: July 12, 2020, 04:31:02 PM »
Let's try again:

Everton 1-2 Villa
West Ham 2-0 Watford

Villa 0-1 Arsenal
Watford 0-3 Man. City

Arsenal 2-1 Watford
West Ham 1-1 Villa

I think with that we stay up on 34 points and goals scored.

We must beat Everton given what they produced today and also West Ham beating Watford makes far more sense than the other two possible results as they'd be on the beach for final day.

There's still a chance.

You might be right but I was thinking a West Ham/Watford draw with them both dropping two points might be the best result for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal